Massive fire at high rise flats in London

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get why the police investigation couldn't have gone in parallel to the public enquiry, I doubt it will be finished till next decade. 

They've announced tonight no conclusions should be expected until end of 2026 at earliest.

Today's enquiry cost £250m in legal + expert fees, costs, etc.

Just further layers on the wider scandal tbh.

55 minutes ago, Cheese said:

20240904_184639.thumb.jpg.c680f6ce69f987eb0b09f9dbd22299e8.jpg

Aye a real head scratcher this Bob.

Screenshot_20240904_193651_Chrome.thumb.jpg.359eb64b99910ce1fddf176b5c55dff7.jpg

I suspect that until and unless actual, real custodial sentences are dished out to the bad actors involved with fatal negligence, major companies are just going to keep on running their "KILL THE POOR?" projections and, shock horror, the reward will outweigh the risk more often than not. Also noted from the guardian article that the cladding was from an American owned company & manufactured in France. Globalism hoovering up the moolah while escaping your jurisdiction when the shit hits the fan, baby!

The justice system is f**ked as it is, of course, think the recent report on Britains finances made note that prisons are at 99% capacity.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Screenshot_20240904_193651_Chrome.thumb.jpg.359eb64b99910ce1fddf176b5c55dff7.jpg

I suspect that until and unless actual, real custodial sentences are dished out to the bad actors involved with fatal negligence, major companies are just going to keep on running their "KILL THE POOR?" projections and, shock horror, the reward will outweigh the risk more often than not. Also noted from the guardian article that the cladding was from an American owned company & manufactured in France. Globalism hoovering up the moolah while escaping your jurisdiction when the shit hits the fan, baby!

The justice system is f**ked as it is, of course, think the recent report on Britains finances made note that prisons are at 99% capacity.

Get them to design and build a new one.