Massive fire at high rise flats in London

*awaits the inevitable "biggest mistake they made was filming it" comments which will, sadly, represent a popular consensus in Britain 2018.
Obviously not the biggest mistake, but the fact they're filming it just shows how proud they are of it, which makes it even more embarrassing. They made this, filmed it, then (I assume) thought it was so funny that they had to share it with everyone.
With Halloween also just passed, you get to see that every occasion is just another opportunity for retweets etc.

Sadly, there are far more people in the UK than folk wish to believe that would laugh along if they were in attendance.

We probably all know some that would happily be joining in.

Edited by ayrmad

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Sadly, there are far more people in the UK than folk wish to believe that would laugh along if they were in attendance.

We probably all know some that would happily be joining in.

Aye that’s true. You only need to look at some of the comments on Twitter.

If you don’t find it funny and want those responsible prosecuted, you’re a ‘snowflake’ apparently. The rise of racism and xenophobia in Britain, particularly in England, is really depressing.

33 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Can I just say that I absolutely fucking hate the use of the word “snowflake.” Seems to be the favourite word of Trump supporters, Tories and racists.

I think its slowly becoming a ironically delicious term for angry white right wing racists for flaking out, usually over fake news.

43 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Can I just say that I absolutely fucking hate the use of the word “snowflake.” Seems to be the favourite word of Trump supporters, Tories and racists.

The ironic thing is that, most of the time, they are the ones getting outraged over something and losing their minds over whatever it is.

I think it's something to be totally repulsed by,  I don't think it should involve the police. It's pretty petty in the grand scheme of things
The guys obviously handed themselves in for their own safety. 

Completely agree.

They have done nothing criminal, I do believe it is poor taste but nothing to get the police involved with.

the police would never be away from a frankie Boyle gig if saying/showing something offensive was a crime

11 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Completely agree.

They have done nothing criminal, I do believe it is poor taste but nothing to get the police involved with.

the police would never be away from a frankie Boyle gig if saying/showing something offensive was a crime

not really comparable though- unless Frankie Boyle has a sideline in laughing at / glorifying in the suffering of poor and black people that I'm unaware of. It's more comparable to someone making a joke of the Bradford fire on bonfire night. These people are the lowest form of knuckledragger.

It is a racist hate crime and rightly being tackled by police. That it will result in little more than a caution and public infamy for a while is neither here nor there.

Parts of the UK (we shouldn't delude ourselves that it's just England) have become very bleak, mean places in the last few years.

13 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

not really comparable though- unless Frankie Boyle has a sideline in laughing at / glorifying in the suffering of poor and black people that I'm unaware of. It's more comparable to someone making a joke of the Bradford fire on bonfire night. These people are the lowest form of knuckledragger.

It is a racist hate crime and rightly being tackled by police. That it will result in little more than a caution and public infamy for a while is neither here nor there.

Parts of the UK (we shouldn't delude ourselves that it's just England) have become very bleak, mean places in the last few years.

Not condoning this in anyway but how is it racist?

Not condoning this in anyway but how is it racist?

I believe a majority of the victims of the fire weren’t white British. I also think, having only seen the video once, most, if not all, the people these fuds put on their tower looked to be people of colour.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I believe a majority of the victims of the fire weren’t white British. I also think, having only seen the video once, most, if not all, the people these fuds put on their tower looked to be people of colour.

That doesn't make it racially motivated...

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That doesn't make it racially motivated...

You don't think laughing at reenacting a building full of black people being set on fire is racist? 

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You don't think laughing at reenacting a building full of black people being set on fire is racist? 

I think it's a horrible, distasteful "joke" and these are clearly not right minded people.

However, just because the victims are majority black does not make it a racially motivated act.  I think that's a really dangerous road to go down.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I think it's a horrible, distasteful "joke" and these are clearly not right minded people.

However, just because the victims are majority black does not make it a racially motivated act.  I think that's a really dangerous road to go down.

I don't think they would have thought it funny if was a tower block full of white cockneys in Dagenham.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think they would have thought it funny if was a tower block full of white cockneys in Dagenham.

I think they would've.

I think that it was a high profile burning of a tower block that contained lots of people was the main catalyst behind the "oh, lets do something offensive" mindset on it. I don't think the race of anyone mattered worth a f**k.

There seems to be this really odd thinking that "FREEDUM OV SPEACH" means you can say whatever you like without action. True you can say anything as your "Freedom of speech", certainly doesn't mean there won't be consequences to what you have said.