Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it's not bothering you too much[emoji15]
Simmer down to a fracas man[emoji23]

Racist thugs do bother me, as they should any even remotely civilised member of society, tbh.

Very likely won't happen, but would be absolutely sensational if West Ham got relegated.

16 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Racist thugs do bother me, as they should any even remotely civilised member of society, tbh.

Very likely won't happen, but would be absolutely sensational if West Ham got relegated.

I would agree absolutely......but no idea what you're point is  here?

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

ahhh well - you know, like, years ago - when there used to be an endemic issue across all four divisions of english football with racial abuse - the whole banana chucking, monkey noise thing - that was ONLY west ham fans who did that, same as they were responsible for ALL the violence in the 70's, 80's and 90's - no other clubs were involved, at all - all that stuff about Leeds, Millwall, Carlisle, Bradford, Portsmouth, Cardiff, the Brimson's at Watford, cheeky scousers singing "Everton are white..." and chucking bananas at John Barnes - that was all West Ham fans cracking on they supported other clubs; same way that every incidence of racism in italian football is down to Hellas

i think that's the point...

12 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

ahhh well - you know, like, years ago - when there used to be an endemic issue across all four divisions of english football with racial abuse - the whole banana chucking, monkey noise thing - that was ONLY west ham fans who did that, same as they were responsible for ALL the violence in the 70's, 80's and 90's - no other clubs were involved, at all - all that stuff about Leeds, Millwall, Carlisle, Bradford, Portsmouth, Cardiff, the Brimson's at Watford, cheeky scousers singing "Everton are white..." and chucking bananas at John Barnes - that was all West Ham fans cracking on they supported other clubs; same way that every incidence of racism in italian football is down to Hellas

I suspect Stewart might have something to say about this through his frothing mouth.

10 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I suspect Stewart might have something to say about this through his frothing mouth.

It looks like another laugh a minute Friday night in the Stewart household. High on life :lol: 

Your response (below) to my initial post about an element of West Ham's fans being racist thugs suggests to me that you think I shouldn't be bothered by them, I clarified that I am and think any right minded individual should be, thought that would be fairly clear.

At least it's not bothering you too much[emoji15]
Simmer down to a fracas man[emoji23]

Or, alternatively, I'm just referring to the various cases of racism and violence displayed by West Ham fans in the past few years. They're not the only ones, scum like Chelsea and Millwall are as bad, if not worse, but that doesn't mean there aren't a large number of complete scumbags in the west ham support. A horrible club.

43 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Your response (below) to my initial post about an element of West Ham's fans being racist thugs suggests to me that you think I shouldn't be bothered by them, I clarified that I am and think any right minded individual should be, thought that would be fairly clear.

Or, alternatively, I'm just referring to the various cases of racism and violence displayed by West Ham fans in the past few years. They're not the only ones, scum like Chelsea and Millwall are as bad, if not worse, but that doesn't mean there aren't a large number of complete scumbags in the west ham support. A horrible club.

Also lots of perfectly decent supporters of these clubs too. Have you ever been ? 

Also lots of perfectly decent supporters of these clubs too. Have you ever been ? 

Well, obviously, but there are also plenty of clubs without a large element of racist morons, that's what makes it a lot easier to identify those clubs as scummy.

Been to Stamford Bridge a few times and Upton Park once, the atmosphere at both was pretty poisonous. Not been to Millwall, don't particularly want to, to be honest.

11 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Well, obviously, but there are also plenty of clubs without a large element of racist morons, that's what makes it a lot easier to identify those clubs as scummy.

Been to Stamford Bridge a few times and Upton Park once, the atmosphere at both was pretty poisonous. Not been to Millwall, don't particularly want to, to be honest.

At Stamford Bridge we usually meet up with with some Chelsea supporting mates in the pub beforehand. Used to go to the Blind Beggar before games at the Boleyn and were in a few before the game at Olympic Stadium in May. Millwall there's police everywhere. Aye you see the odd eejit but 99/100 and if you went looking for it I'm sure you'd find it but don't see any bother at all.  

I don't think anyone is suggesting West Ham are the only team to have dickhead fans, but they do seem to attract more than their fare share. It's like Rangers fans, they aren't the only arseholes who support a Scottish team but as a collective they have a higher proportion. I'm not really sure comparing them to Hellas is doing them any favours tbh.

Been to Upton Park obviously and numerous away games and stood alongside fellow fans of all colours and never heard anything remotely racist. One of our best mates down there is a black Palace fan who comes up here for St Mirren games. If you dislike some clubs that's fair enough, so do I, but stop making up your racist generalisations nonsense.

Been to Upton Park obviously and numerous away games and stood alongside fellow fans of all colours and never heard anything remotely racist. One of our best mates down there is a black Palace fan who comes up here for St Mirren games. If you dislike some clubs that's fair enough, so do I, but stop making up your racist generalisations nonsense.

It's not "made-up racist generalisations nonsense" though is it? It's a pretty well known and well 'earned' reputation following numerous incidents. Just as with the aforementioned Chelsea and Millwall, type "West Ham racist" in to google, twitter, etc and you'll find plenty results and examples, in fact, I'd be astonished if 95% of the posters on this forum weren't aware of the fact that West Ham fans are synonymous with racism. If you want to bury your head in the sand because it's "your club" then that's your prerogative, plenty of football fans do it, but let's not pretend it's me that's making-up a link between West Ham fans and racism.

55 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Can't believe you've actually gone for the "one of my best mates is black" defence. 

Fantastic.

I suspected some clown would come away with that. Congratulations.

He's got a point though, folk rarely blurt out "I've got a black mate" unless they're frantically trying to deny racism they know exists.

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I suspected some clown would come away with that. Congratulations.

Nobody is claiming you are a racist (which makes the black best mate comment unnecessary and even funnier), but to deny there is a clear problem within West Ham around racism is a poor show.

i'd never take issue with anyone tagging a certain group of fans as racist, or fascist or right wing or whatever as it's a two minute google jaunt to find enough evidence to support any such a claim

i can also find similar evidence - with the same level of corroboration - that all vicars fiddle with kids, all policement ride dodgems, all studio bosses are rapists etc etc etc

it's the extension of these traits to the club as a whole which gets up my nose - clearly, west ham in its entirety is not a "vile club" - i'm sure they do loads of stuff for the community and disabled kids and fluffy puppies; it's also been said on here that all hellas fans are racist - we'll, i'm fucking not, so that happens to be bollocks too, but thanks for the generalisation whichever cock-end that was.

the impression i get of this place is that there's a great deal more well thought out comment than the vast majority of other football message boards - bit galling when the tired old predjudices come to the fore for no real reason

that said, of course, I wouldn't want to be accused of being a hand-wringing snowflake, and - as such - it is entirely reasonable to say that ALL leeds fans are wankers absolutely without exception, and that every single song that elbow have ever made sounds like a christmas carol that's been remixed to be deliberately fucking miserable because someone in a hospice has requested it to be played as they die with their family around their bedside ;)

Archived