Odds and predictions

1 hour ago, Tuckerstoes said:

I don't think you have a promising future as a financial advisor

And you'll not do much where interpretation is required.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with the BBC on this one. They are normally bang on when it comes to the Scottish lower leagues 

1. Airdrie

2. Albion Rovers

3. Alloa

4. Arbroath

5. Ayr

6. East Fife

7. Forfar

8. Queen's Park

9. Raith

10. Stranraer

I'm with the BBC on this one. They are normally bang on when it comes to the Scottish lower leagues 
1. Airdrie
2. Albion Rovers
3. Alloa
4. Arbroath
5. Ayr
6. East Fife
7. Forfar
8. Queen's Park
9. Raith
10. Stranraer

[emoji23]

5 out of the 7 Scottish teams beginning with the letter A in the division.

Stab in the dark but here's my tuppence worth

Just heard Barry Ferguson is being lined up as next Airdrie boss (snigger)

Amended taking this appointment into consideration.

1st   Ayr

2nd  Airdrie

2nd Raith

3rd   Alloa

4th   Queens Park

5th   East Fife

6th   Stranraer

7th   Forfar

8th   Albion Rovers

9th   Arbroath

10th  Airdrie

I’m relatively confident that last season largely was down to various degrees of mismanagement.  We have a core of players who we have seen play well at Championship level, and supplemented them with Spence/Buchanan who have both got very good recent scoring records in this league.

Theres already a glaring issue with squad size though.  That’s just the way it is if we want to be full time, but I can see this really hurting us once the injuries and suspensions kick in.  Im fairly sceptical as to just how able the young guys are to come in and replace their senior counterparts should we need them to be honest.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us 2nd/3rd.  I don’t think we have enough depth to win the league in all honesty.  The thought of Callachan et al having to go out wide gives me the fear.

I think this season could be a bit of a reality check.  The lack of players in this summer really has hit home the realities of relegation for the club.  Tricky situation for the club to be honest, as they had to stay full time to keep the bulk of the players we have – but that has meant there is not really much money left for more to come in.  It’s a gamble, but no more of a gamble than going part time and having a larger squad and effectively having to start again -   there is no right answer when you are in our position – it’s a situation we have created for ourselves and there is no easy out.  We just have to go with what we have and hope for a bit of luck.  People have referenced the “hybrid” operation we used to run, but I don’t know how feasible that is really.  We only ever had a few players who were part time, I think it was a bit over-stated at the time. 

I think Ayr will win the league, with ourselves/Alloa and East Fife in the playoffs.  I have to admit though, I know very little about the other teams in the league other than Ayr so this is just a hunch.

1) Raith

2) Ayr

3) Alloa

4) Stranraer

5) Airdrie

6) Albion Rovers

7) East Fife

8 ) Arbroath

9) Queens Park

10) Forfar

Despite all the negativity surrounding Airdrie, we're still a full time team in a very average league. Would hope to be in contention for a play off spot come the end of the year.

1 - Raith

2 - Ayr

3 - Alloa

4 - Arbroath

5 - Airdrie

6 - East Fife

7 - Stranraer

8 - Forfar

9 - Albion Rovers

10 - Queen's Park

Extremely tight league, a side from Raith, Ayr and Alloa definitely being up the top end the rest could vary massively on what I've predicted.

Stab in the dark but here's my tuppence worth

Just heard Barry Ferguson is being lined up as next Airdrie boss (snigger)

Amended taking this appointment into consideration.

1st   Ayr

2nd  Airdrie

2nd Raith

3rd   Alloa

4th   Queens Park

5th   East Fife

6th   Stranraer

7th   Forfar

8th   Albion Rovers

9th   Arbroath

10th  Airdrie

Archived