Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

Is the guy closest to him not almost touching him or is it just the way the picture was taken?

Think as he hits the ball, the Juventus defender gets a bit close, but even then I think by the rules it wouldn’t count.

The height he got for that is absolutely mad.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've always been a Ronaldo fanboy and I don't want to get into the old Messi/Ronaldo argument but there is no doubt, in my opinion, that those two are way way ahead of everyone else who has played the game.
Some people may say the "real" Ronaldo was better but I'm just not buying it.  Even with natural talent I would say the current Portuguese Ronaldo is better.

Who says the real Ronaldo was better? Not half the player C Ronaldo is. He is simply the best player with Messi to ever play the game. Hatricks, Doubles etc etc in European QFs SFs Fs etc. It's not even a surprise anymore. Guys like Law, Best etc never got near this.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

Who says the real Ronaldo was better? Not half the player C Ronaldo is. He is simply the best player with Messi to ever play the game. Hatricks, Doubles etc etc in European QFs SFs Fs etc. It's not even a surprise anymore. Guys like Law, Best etc never got near this.

Quite a lot of people to be honest.  A lot of people would say that Brazilian Ronaldo was better in terms of at his peak however I don't agree with this.  I don't watch enough Spanish football to discuss either when they played at their best but certainly CR's 40+ goal season for Man Utd was the best season I've seen from anyone.

Quite a lot of people to be honest.  A lot of people would say that Brazilian Ronaldo was better in terms of at his peak however I don't agree with this.  I don't watch enough Spanish football to discuss either when they played at their best but certainly CR's 40+ goal season for Man Utd was the best season I've seen from anyone.

I know you aren't saying it.. quite the opposite, but I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks the Brazilian Ronaldo is better. At his peak c2002 he was no where near his namesake

39 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I know you aren't saying it.. quite the opposite, but I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks the Brazilian Ronaldo is better. At his peak c2002 he was no where near his namesake

PM Pep Impastino :thumsup2

You know it's a good goal when Italian fans applaud it at this stage of the champions league.

Nothing wrong with applauding an away goal of this quality I love it when away fans applaud pars goals. It's the ultimate owned moment. It goes above football and into basic appreciation of something special.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

You know it's a good goal when Italian fans applaud it at this stage of the champions league.

Nothing wrong with applauding an away goal of this quality I love it when away fans applaud pars goals. It's the ultimate owned moment. It goes above football and into basic appreciation of something special.

Yup. Basically admitting, or like you say, appreciating that you've witnessed a player on the opposing team do something special. Even more poignant in that at the age he is, it won't be happening consistently (or maybe it will?).

It really highlights how absurd a talent Ronaldo is. At 33 years old, he's scoring worldies against perhaps the greatest keeper that ever lived, destroying a defence which contains the best CH in the world at the moment in it IMO (Chiellini) and just not giving a f**k.

Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Messi... they’re all fucking brilliant.

I have done this in the past but I really wish people would just start saying who they prefer instead of who is better all the time. They’re clearly all brilliant in different ways.

I prefer Messi [emoji6]

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Aye Dil Stefano and puskas and the like never did that. He's not even the second best player in real Madrid's history.

12 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Says a lot when Espanyol fans regularly applaud him off and Real fans have even done it on occasion. Chelsea fans really are the worst.

Aye but tbf iniesta gets that everywhere in Spain cause he scored the winner in the world cup final for them.  Though Chelsea fans are arseholes.

Archived