Champions League 2017/18

lichtie23

12 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

There’s just no tangible way of comparing Ronaldo and Iniesta though. They’re both football players and that’s where the similarities end.

They both have completely different jobs on the pitch and are far superior to each other at the specific tasks they perform. You can have a preference to which one you would prefer in your team of course but it’s pretty impossible to compare players like that as they’re so different. 

Hmmmm but you said Ronaldo and Messi (themselves very different) are 'light years' ahead of anyone playing now or in the past.  Presumably almost all players are a bit different from Ronaldo, now you sayyou can't compare cause they're different.

This is why I don't like talking about football with the fanboys on here, they just talk to utter utter utter shite.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Hmmmm but you said Ronaldo and Messi (themselves very different) are 'light years' ahead of anyone playing now or in the past.  Presumably almost all players are a bit different from Ronaldo, now you sayyou can't compare cause they're different.

This is why I don't like talking about football with the fanboys on here, they just talk to utter utter utter shite.

:lol:

When did I say any of that you raving lunatic? Stick to the caddying M8.

37 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Off work so off early for Anfield tonight see the buses come in and get in the ground early. 

Nowadays tend not to get as excited about games but must admit looking forward to this one tonight. 

My 10th European quarter final going back to Porto in 2001. 

Mon the Reds ! :) 

Why is that?

8 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

My apologies it wasn't you

Here’s a pro tip for you.

If you’re going to adopt such an aggressive writing style where you invariably tell people they’re talking ‘utter shite’ about everything, you may want to make sure your own house is in order 1st. You’re so seething man!

Anyway, apology accepted:lol:

15 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Here’s a pro tip for you.

If you’re going to adopt such an aggressive writing style where you invariably tell people they’re talking ‘utter shite’ about everything, you may want to make sure your own house is in order 1st. You’re so seething man!

Anyway, apology accepted:lol:

Good man

As much as I would say I dislike Liverpool, I would love to see Andy Robertson getting as much playing time in huge games, and improving himself, as possible. I also feel absolutely nothing for City (apart from contempt, although I wouldn’t even say I dislike them), and wouldn’t particularly enjoy seeing them through so I’m hoping Liverpool do them with a Robertson masterclass.

As much as I would say I dislike Liverpool, I would love to see Andy Robertson getting as much playing time in huge games, and improving himself, as possible. I also feel absolutely nothing for City (apart from contempt, although I wouldn’t even say I dislike them), and wouldn’t particularly enjoy seeing them through so I’m hoping Liverpool do them with a Robertson masterclass.

Absolutely. He’s (probably) our most talented player, or indeed the player with the most potential to make it on the big stage. Hope he has a stormer.

First paragraph excellent, second deluded and enormously insulting to lots of great players.  For example iniesta, if you really think Ronaldo is 'light years' ahead of him or maradonna or someone you need a new sport.  If he is better it's marginal and he's certainly not more talented.

Who are you to judge someone’s opinion. You are the one who on another thread has stated that Mike Tyson a convicted rapist is your idol and had the audacity to pretty much say he knocks out any heavyweight in history (clearly looking at his record he couldn’t).

For me the while it’s clearly very subjective I still think Maradona was the greatest of all time but I can certainly see the argument for Messi and Ronaldo.

For me the consistency of Messi and Ronaldo is absolutely frightening particularly in the modern game. They have been producing this for around ten years and not many people in history have managed to sustain that sort of level over that period of time.

Just now, dundeefc1783 said:

Who are you to judge someone’s opinion. You are the one who on another thread has stated that Mike Tyson a convicted rapist is your idol and had the audacity to pretty much say he knocks out any heavyweight in history (clearly looking at his record he couldn’t).

For me the while it’s clearly very subjective I still think Maradona was the greatest of all time but I can certainly see the argument for Messi and Ronaldo.

For me the consistency of Messi and Ronaldo is absolutely frightening particularly in the modern game. They have been producing this for around ten years and not many people in history have managed to sustain that sort of level over that period of time.

Totally agree great post man

Can see Liverpool winning tonight; I don't see a conceivable way that Guardiola can stop Salah given his left-back options are Danilo, Laporte or Zinchenko, and off the top of my head, Guardiola has struggled a bit lately when coming up against teams with great attacking strengths: Barca 2015 and 2016, Monaco 2017, Liverpool 2018. They were also poor in the first City game this season before Mane killed Ederson. There is every chance that Man City simply score four if Liverpool get three, but they looked really uncomfortable with how Liverpool squeezed City's midfield out the game at Anfield back in January. Sane up against Alexander-Arnold and Lovren has potential to be hilarious though. 

Good grief HM and accie in sensible, rational post about Liverpool shocker ... :P 

It’s great seeing Andy Robertson doing so well in a Liverpool shirt. Sane gave Trent a tough time in the home league game big test for him and Lovren. 

Really looking forward to this tonight. Should be, at the very least, a really entertaining 180 minutes between two teams who have been a joy to watch for much of the season.

Have I mentioned I'm really looking forward to this?

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Can see Liverpool winning tonight; I don't see a conceivable way that Guardiola can stop Salah given his left-back options are Danilo, Laporte or Zinchenko, and off the top of my head, Guardiola has struggled a bit lately when coming up against teams with great attacking strengths: Barca 2015 and 2016, Monaco 2017, Liverpool 2018. They were also poor in the first City game this season before Mane killed Ederson. There is every chance that Man City simply score four if Liverpool get three, but they looked really uncomfortable with how Liverpool squeezed City's midfield out the game at Anfield back in January. Sane up against Alexander-Arnold and Lovren has potential to be hilarious though. 

Good post, don't totally agree but good point well argued with a lot of knowledge.  Personally think city go through after two legs anyway.

5 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Really looking forward to this tonight. Should be, at the very least, a really entertaining 180 minutes between two teams who have been a joy to watch for much of the season.

Have I mentioned I'm really looking forward to this?

Are you any relation to Ray? 

Archived