The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 hours ago, bazdons said:

Was that him that scored on his debut last season? Surely with no strikers he could have at least been an option from the bench like you said. Had a feel of leveins 4-6-0 last night.

Deilas last game I think he scored in, Celtics youngest goal scorer and first millennial which makes me feel old as f*ck. I personally think he missed a trick not having him on the bench. After Hayes came on we had nobody really else on the bench to potentially 

3 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Went along last night and it was painful viewing. Only reason I was there was for Bendtner tbh but want to see Celtic progress for Scottish Football. Forrest was murder and, although Rogic isn't a no.9 he looked half asleep. Does anyone at Celtic think the first XI needs a bit of a freshening up or are you happy with Brendan adding one or two?

Forrest shouldn't be starting, at least Brendan has him tracking back now after his f*ck ups though. We should have him mainly for coming off the bench to stretch defences late on, wont be long before Hayes overtakes him I would imagine. We definitely need a few more but I am content with waiting to find the right player rather than buying squad fillers. 

We definitely need a few more but I am content with waiting to find the right player rather than buying squad fillers. 

Spot on imo.

Too many raging Celtic fans today shouting about getting the cheque book out and moaning about PL.

There is a limited budget, so I don't really get who the fans want us to bring in as a number 3 striker for example. It would need to be someone good enough to play in the CL but accept that he would be third choice and on about £10k a week. I can't see that being easy to find. Realistically you're looking at guys like Stokes or Rooney at Aberdeen. Then they'd only moan about that anyway.

I would much rather we keep our funds for the right type of player in the positions were we are weakest I.e. RW and CH. If no one is available then we go again with what we have and will just need to accept the CL isn't possible this year. We are no longer big enough or good enough to expect to make the CL every single season hence why the board don't budget for the CL money.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Spot on imo.

Too many raging Celtic fans today shouting about getting the cheque book out and moaning about PL.

There is a limited budget, so I don't really get who the fans want us to bring in as a number 3 striker for example. It would need to be someone good enough to play in the CL but accept that he would be third choice and on about £10k a week. I can't see that being easy to find. Realistically you're looking at guys like Stokes or Rooney at Aberdeen. Then they'd only moan about that anyway.

I would much rather we keep our funds for the right type of player in the positions were we are weakest I.e. RW and CH. If no one is available then we go again with what we have and will just need to accept the CL isn't possible this year. We are no longer big enough or good enough to expect to make the CL every single season hence why the board don't budget for the CL money.

Nah Tony, we definitely need a fucking striker for European campaigns paid from the money made from European campaigns so it doesn't f**k the budget. If the club can't set aside money earned from the Champions League to pay for a real striker, then where is the money actually going then?

I don't believe in creating a squad to defend in Europe, I'd rather the team went down fighting like it means something to them. Like Strachan was said "As long as we score more goals than them, then why bother about how many they score". That's the Celtic spirit and philosophy I grew up with, "intae them".

Ntcham looks like he could actually play right wing from what I have seen, maybe I might be wrong but he looked good when he was running up and down it last night???

Ntcham looked tidy last night, just ran out of puff.

Need a backup striker, but I'm doubtful that whoever it is would overtake Moussa or Griff, would be difficult to keep them motivated and match sharp.

That's where the youngsters need to step up, give the squad an option, playing with hunger and a desire to empress.

I'm very cautious about bringing in another top earner for a spot that's currently unavailable.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

Nah Tony, we definitely need a fucking striker for European campaigns paid from the money made from European campaigns so it doesn't f**k the budget. If the club can't set aside money earned from the Champions League to pay for a real striker, then where is the money actually going then?

I don't believe in creating a squad to defend in Europe, I'd rather the team went down fighting like it means something to them. Like Strachan was said "As long as we score more goals than them, then why bother about how many they score". That's the Celtic spirit and philosophy I grew up with, "intae them".

Ntcham looks like he could actually play right wing from what I have seen, maybe I might be wrong but he looked good when he was running up and down it last night???

I just don't see how we can bring in a 3rd striker good enough for the CL. How do you keep 3 CL strikers happy when we play 1 up top? We'd just be throwing away a wage on whichever one becomes 3rd choice. I'd rather use that money to fill another role

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I just don't see how we can bring in a 3rd striker good enough for the CL. How do you keep 3 CL strikers happy when we play 1 up top? We'd just be throwing away a wage on whichever one becomes 3rd choice. I'd rather use that money to fill another role

Here's a novelty? When we are a goal behind or need one, why don't we shove 3 strikers on and push the game for it. Having no all out attack when you need it costs any team striking options. Why not even go for a 4-4-2 sometimes, worked for Iceland and caught a lot of teams out because no one ever plays it any more. This one striker up front pish is ruining the game. My opinion. :P

We will just keep that Ryan Christie lad.
Thanks. 

Could have been doing with him this week ourselves. I get a feeling he will do too well for you`s this season. By that I mean we either take him back or teams from down south will price you out. I'm guessing there is no option to buy.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Could have been doing with him this week ourselves. I get a feeling he will do too well for you`s this season. By that I mean we either take him back or teams from down south will price you out. I'm guessing there is no option to buy.

Aye. I am sure you are right.  

At today's press conference, Rodgers ruled out signing a third striker however he's hoping to make at least one more signing before the transfer window closes.  Have to agree with what he said regarding signing someone else, in that he's only looking for a player who'll add to the team, rather than just a squad player.

At today's press conference, Rodgers ruled out signing a third striker however he's hoping to make at least one more signing before the transfer window closes.  Have to agree with what he said regarding signing someone else, in that he's only looking for a player who'll add to the team, rather than just a squad player.

I get his point but both Griffiths and Dembele are players who seem to have niggles. What would make sense is a striker on a short term loan but they wouldn't be match fit at present most likely and would struggle to get a striker of any calibre as most clubs wouldn't be happy dishing out a player to be third choice.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I get his point but both Griffiths and Dembele are players who seem to have niggles. What would make sense is a striker on a short term loan but they wouldn't be match fit at present most likely and would struggle to get a striker of any calibre as most clubs wouldn't be happy dishing out a player to be third choice.

Actually, the more I think of it, he said a third "top" striker but given places for competition I'm taking that as no more strikers joining us at the moment.  As others have said, if he's not bringing in a third forward I'd like to see at least one of the youth team being given a chance.

Down at Sunderland seems great fun. Right wing, Brexit-voting, Scottish-hating Englishmen up against the terrorist sympathising, permanently offended social justice warriors. Really can't think of anything worse.

Down at Sunderland seems great fun. Right wing, Brexit-voting, Scottish-hating Englishmen up against the terrorist sympathising, permanently offended social justice warriors. Really can't think of anything worse.

We stayed invincible.