The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 14/08/2023 at 20:44, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s a decent player but that’s Clarke and Howe questioned his commitment now and he’s also contracted to Newcastle until 2025 and reputedly earning over £60k a week.

If Rodgers wants him it’ll cost you a few quid in wages as I would imagine he’d want a contract up to 2025 at least and probably minimum £40k per week.

Its probably worth giving Vata a go first imho.

Allegedly we aren't playing Vata  because he is stalling on a contract and stopping him from going on loan. 

Would agree about Fraser would rather we get him on loan first to test his commitment/attitude.

On 17/08/2023 at 07:59, gannonball said:

Allegedly we aren't playing Vata  because he is stalling on a contract and stopping him from going on loan. 

Would agree about Fraser would rather we get him on loan first to test his commitment/attitude.

Rumours are he is for the off with Torino looking to grab him. Unsure if there is a potential attitude issue however it’s a concern that we can’t retain or migrate a lot of these kids into the 1st team.

The Daniel Podence from Wolves rumours seem to be gaining momentum. 

Lewis Hall going to Newcastle so that squashed rumours of KT going there. Some Arsenal fan outlets claiming BR wants KT back at Celtic but with Timber injured Arteta may decide to hold onto him now anyway

Edited by Jinky67

28 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

How many Celtic youth super stars is that that have left the club - and turned out to be gash. Is Vata the next. 

Think Hjelde is doing alright at Leeds, Doak might get some game at Liverpool this season as well. Both have only left relatively recently too. I don't blame any of them for leaving though tbh they have absolutely no guarantee of making it at all in the senior game so might as well take the cash before they might turn out to be gash as you say. 

Edited by gannonball

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Think Hjelde is doing alright at Leeds, Doak might get some game at Liverpool this season as well. Both have only left relatively recently too. I don't blame any of them for leaving though tbh they have absolutely no guarantee of making it at all in the senior game so might as well take the cash before they might turn out to be gash as you say. 

I'm thinking of that Somali boy, and I'm sure there are a few others. Some like Mikey Johnstone stayed and were gash (to be fair could probably get a game for someone like Ross County or Kilmarnock). 

Just now, Insaintee said:

I'm thinking of that Somali boy, and I'm sure there are a few others. Some like Mikey Johnstone stayed and were gash (to be fair could probably get a game for someone like Ross County or Kilmarnock). 

Yeah I get what you mean for every Tierney/McGregor there's at least half a dozen Feruz's. And if Feruz stayed at Celtic he would never have made it so he was absolutely right to cash in on the hysteria about him at the time. 

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I get what you mean for every Tierney/McGregor there's at least half a dozen Feruz's. And if Feruz stayed at Celtic he would never have made it so he was absolutely right to cash in on the hysteria about him at the time. 

That's the one one. TBF if he hand stayed he might have. Same with Watt. It's about screwing the heid and I'm not sure that getting a 5k per week wage packet always helps that 

4 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

That's the one one. TBF if he hand stayed he might have. Same with Watt. It's about screwing the heid and I'm not sure that getting a 5k per week wage packet always helps that 

And yet somehow Jack Hendry has went on to play Champions League and pocketing a mint in Saudi 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, Insaintee said:

It's a funny old game Jinky

It's a big year for Welsh,with Starfelt gone and CCV maybe coming back to soon from his injury plus two in the door Welsh could step up here,
Hes been rewarded with a four year deal,Lawal to Fleetwood on loan plus Scales maybe back to Aberdeen with an option to buy.
Celtic's two could be Welsh and Nawrocki or Lagerbielke.

1 minute ago, willywastecoat said:

It's a big year for Welsh,with Starfelt gone and CCV maybe coming back to soon from his injury plus two in the door Welsh could step up here,
Hes been rewarded with a four year deal,Lawal to Fleetwood on loan plus Scales maybe back to Aberdeen with an option to buy.
Celtic's two could be Welsh and Nawrocki or Lagerbielke.

Welsh is probably out for a while too now there is a picture of him wearing a brace at the moment on twitter. Not sure if Lagerbielke will start today with Nawrocki or Scales might come in.

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Welsh is probably out for a while too now there is a picture of him wearing a brace at the moment on twitter. Not sure if Lagerbielke will start today with Nawrocki or Scales might come in.

Listening to Brendan, Lagerbielke is ready to play but I would be surprised if he will go with the two new guys.
My post was more about the season ahead than today M8,CCV isn't upto speed and will take time to recover because he missed pre-season this could be a problem going forward into the champions league games.

6 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Listening to Brendan, Lagerbielke is ready to play but I would be surprised if he will go with the two new guys.
My post was more about the season ahead than today M8,CCV isn't upto speed and will take time to recover because he missed pre-season this could be a problem going forward into the champions league games.

Think the prognosis is 2 months for Welsh so I'm hoping CCV will be clear of injury by that point and/or at least one of the newbies have established themselves in the team. I have nothing against Welsh he's done ok but tbh hes been quite lucky to get so many appearances for us through injuries to others and he was never really rated at youth level either, if Hjelde or Morrison had stayed we probably would have barely heard of him. Having said all that if Rodgers rates him and helps the home grown quota then I have no issue with him staying. Ideally a loan away would do him good though when we have more fit bodies.

Edited by gannonball

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Think the prognosis is 2 months for Welsh so I'm hoping CCV will be clear of injury by that point and/or at least one of the newbies have established themselves in the team. I have nothing against Welsh he's done ok but tbh hes been quite lucky to get so many appearances for us through injuries to others and he was never really rated at youth level either, if Hjelde or Morrison had stayed we probably would have barely heard of him. Having said all that if Rodgers rates him and helps the home grown quota then I have no issue with him staying. Ideally a loan away would do him good though when we have more fit bodies.

I like the look of Nawrocki so far comfortable with both feet,if we're going with 4 centre-backs for the season CCV,Nawrocki,Welsh and Lagerbielke would be my 4 in that order.
I'm not into the if but and maybes M8,If you don't rate Welsh going forward just say it.
For me he could develop into a decent centre-back better than Jack Hendry plus could play at right back if needed.

Just now, willywastecoat said:

I like the look of Nawrocki so far comfortable with both feet,if we're going with 4 centre-backs for the season CCV,Nawrocki,Welsh and Lagerbielke would be my 4 in that order.
I'm not into the if but and maybes M8,If you don't rate Welsh going forward just say it.
For me he could develop into a decent centre-back better than Jack Hendry plus could play at right back if needed.

It's not a case of not rating him but you rarely get people who are content with being 3rd/4th choice so it's just ideal for us really. I would like to see him get a run of games though elsewhere to test him further. 

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It's not a case of not rating him but you rarely get people who are content with being 3rd/4th choice so it's just ideal for us really. I would like to see him get a run of games though elsewhere to test him further. 

This is the reason why I said it's a big season for him,Celtic play 60 games so he should get plenty of chances plus we all know it's not about the first 11 anymore.