The Celtic All Seasons thread

21 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Every club has had your 3 months to get their desired players in. Have a look at Sky transfer show. Arsenal, Man Utd Newcastle etc are trying to bring in their desired players. Small club mentality give it a rest. 

Do you get a salary or are you paid by the post to defend Celtic?

31 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

Every club has had your 3 months to get their desired players in. Have a look at Sky transfer show. Arsenal, Man Utd Newcastle etc are trying to bring in their desired players. Small club mentality give it a rest. 

Arsenal are looking for the finer pieces to mount an EPL title challenge, Man U are still in the process of a takeover and Newcastle have said they are restricted by FFP. None of these things are relevant to us tbh. 

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Arsenal are looking for the finer pieces to mount an EPL title challenge, Man U are still in the process of a takeover and Newcastle have said they are restricted by FFP. None of these things are relevant to us tbh. 

Arsenal are also trying make sure they stay within FFP. Basically a one in, one out policy at the moment.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

They've had, what, three months to get the players in that they want, and they're scrambling about on the last day to sign players vital to their season. Small club mentality. 

I agree to a point. 

Whilst we are certainly upping the spending we take a while to get business done and trying to negotiate transfers after ever club in Europe knows we have just pocketed 25 million leaves us open to teams pushing up their price and with little time to pivot if alternatives need to be found.

I would keep Iwata

Birmingham pushing to sign Celtic's Iwata
Latest from Sky Sports News' Anthony Joseph:

Birmingham City are pushing to sign Celtic midfielder Tomoki Iwata before tonight’s transfer deadline.

Sky Sports News revealed this morning that the Hoops were open to offers for the 27-year-old Japan international.

Birmingham are managed by Brendan Rodgers’ former Celtic and Leicester assistant, Chris Davies.

1 hour ago, Bacchus said:

I would keep Iwata

Birmingham pushing to sign Celtic's Iwata
Latest from Sky Sports News' Anthony Joseph:

Birmingham City are pushing to sign Celtic midfielder Tomoki Iwata before tonight’s transfer deadline.

Sky Sports News revealed this morning that the Hoops were open to offers for the 27-year-old Japan international.

Birmingham are managed by Brendan Rodgers’ former Celtic and Leicester assistant, Chris Davies.

Agreed I have no idea why we have punted all our other 'holding' midfielders now in Lawal, Kwon and Iwata we need to protect Mcgregor and I think having him further forward in Europe at times would make us more solid all round. 

I also had no idea that's where Davies is now I had only relatively recently discovered he was with Ange at Tottenham.

Edited by gannonball

Home grown players for Europe?

Celtic transfer latest: McCowan and Irving
Latest from Sky Sports News' Anthony Joseph and Dharmesh Sheth:

Celtic are in pursuit of another midfielder before tonight’s deadline.

They are working on potential deals with several targets.

The Hoops have had a longstanding interest in Dundee midfielder Luke McCowan and could make a move before 11pm.

They are also exploring a loan deal for West Ham midfielder Andy Irving. However, it’s understood the Hammers are not keen to let the 24-year-old go in this window.

Both McCowan and Irivng would be classed as homegrown for the Champions League criteria.

When asked about homegrown players, Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers told Sky Sports News’ Luke Shanley: "Our homegrown players, Scottish players are important for us - not just for a list but to be available to use.

"Ah, I know what you're getting at now! But listen we just want good players, whether they're Scottish, Irish, whatever, we just want good players."

Celtic sign Sheff Utd defender Trusty
Celtic have signed Sheffield United defender Auston Trusty on a five-year deal.

The USA international - who arrives for £6m -  made 32 appearances for the Blades in the Premier League last season.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Pleased for McCowan, looks like it’s a dream move for him and he’s clearly buzzing to join

It’s going to take some time to accept the image of him in a Celtic top. Having said that, a model pro who gave everything for us and his application cannot be faulted. 
Wish Luke all the best and happy for him to realize his dream of playing for Celtic even if it is a bit raw this morning! 

4 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

It’s going to take some time to accept the image of him in a Celtic top. Having said that, a model pro who gave everything for us and his application cannot be faulted. 
Wish Luke all the best and happy for him to realize his dream of playing for Celtic even if it is a bit raw this morning! 

With how well he seems to be regarded by the Dundee fanbase reassures me we have a good one and I’m sure he will make an impact, he seems to be that type of guy who will grab the opportunity with both hands or that left peg