The Celtic All Seasons thread

Why would Celtic even consider looking at a bid for Dembele for anything less than £40 million ? There's complete and utter dumplings who are reserve players at clubs going for £30 million + across England and Europe. Also, how could they possibly hope to replace him in the current screwed up transfer market ??

They don't need the money and Dembele appears pretty happy, he's also on a long contract so I know if I was a Celtic supporter I'd be infuriated at the cut price sale figures being bandied about...........

Just now, WATTOO said:

Why would Celtic even consider looking at a bid for Dembele for anything less than £40 million ? There's complete and utter dumplings who are reserve players at clubs going for £30 million + across England and Europe. Also, how could they possibly hope to replace him in the current screwed up transfer market ??

They don't need the money and Dembele appears pretty happy, he's also on a long contract so I know if I was a Celtic supporter I'd be infuriated at the cut price sale figures being bandied about...........

Bought him for £500K and selling for £20 million, that's 40 times what Celtic paid. Money talks, and with the amount of money in the Scottish game it's a no brainer if it goes through and will be the Scottish record for a player sold from our leagues.

I'd prefer he stayed but Celtic cannot refuse that amount of money for a player in our leagues and will somehow in a way raise the bar for monies other Scottish clubs can ask for their players when selling them abroad, hopefully.

It's supply and demand surely ?

There's an absolute dearth of talent out there at the moment and Dembele is head and shoulders above some of these £50 million+ signings in England, surely Celtic should be hoping to keep their quality players or at the very least sell him on for silly money. £20 million is pretty useless in today's market and if football has become solely about money to the average fan then it's time we all packed it in........

It's supply and demand surely ?
There's an absolute dearth of talent out there at the moment and Dembele is head and shoulders above some of these £50 million+ signings in England, surely Celtic should be hoping to keep their quality players or at the very least sell him on for silly money. £20 million is pretty useless in today's market and if football has become solely about money to the average fan then it's time we all packed it in........

In an ideal world yes. However £20m is a massive % of our turnover so would be mental to turn it down. I actually wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we accepted around £15m tbh

5 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

In an ideal world yes. However £20m is a massive % of our turnover so would be mental to turn it down. I actually wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we accepted around £15m tbh

There will be a sell on clause I'd presume. We are a selling club who develop young talent for profit as well as winning trophies with said players. Either cash in when it's the right price or lose out completely with them fulfilling their contracts.

Fantastic acquisition form Brendan and has paid off dividends financially. When Dembele signed no fucker expected his level of impact on the team and sort of mumbled Moussa who? If they thought we'd get £20 million for a player we signed for £500K they'd probably have bit yer hand off for the money before knowing how good he was.

If we reach the Champions League with the boy still at the club and then he gets punted I'm sure Brendan will have a like for like replacement for the right money and Celtic will be able to afford a quality striker for a good few million. Hopefully said replacement gets punted of for tens of millions a years later. :)

2 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Ooooft, dis gonna doon well wi the green brigade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40718824

GB wanted attention, now they have it. Next GB banner will probably be "Brendan oot".

To be fair to the GB, 19 year olds from Croy will certainly have more authority on the subject than a Northern Irishman who grew up during the Troubles...

14 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

To be fair to the GB, 19 year olds from Croy will certainly have more authority on the subject than a Northern Irishman who grew up during the Troubles...

:lol:

The Croy was no banner surrender.

33 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Forrest has been terrible every single time he's gotten the ball. Doesn't have a clue what to do with it.

Forrest Gump, knows how to run with the ball, that's about it.

need another striker only having 2 is suicide in Europe when moussa is injured and Leigh is usually suspended or injured. Could be much worse than 0-0

I was thinking that last night. Do you guys no even have a young striker that could have been given a chance?

2 minutes ago, bazdons said:

I was thinking that last night. Do you guys no even have a young striker that could have been given a chance?

I thought young Jack Aitchison would of least been on the bench, hes only made a couple of sub appearances but it's not as if we were throwing him in against Barcelona. Im hoping he gets game decent time against Sunderland this weekend with Moussa definitely out and Griffiths still struggling.

Went along last night and it was painful viewing. Only reason I was there was for Bendtner tbh but want to see Celtic progress for Scottish Football. Forrest was murder and, although Rogic isn't a no.9 he looked half asleep. Does anyone at Celtic think the first XI needs a bit of a freshening up or are you happy with Brendan adding one or two?

6 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Went along last night and it was painful viewing. Only reason I was there was for Bendtner tbh but want to see Celtic progress for Scottish Football. Forrest was murder and, although Rogic isn't a no.9 he looked half asleep. Does anyone at Celtic think the first XI needs a bit of a freshening up or are you happy with Brendan adding one or two?

Need to add at least one or 2 , with the system we play it's always going to be hard keeping 3 quality strikers happy with only 1 striking spot. But moussa seems to have a problem with his hamstrings right now. Fully expect griffiths to be fit for next week and rogic to drop into his normal position. Rogic is never a cf anybody who's seen him play could tell u that. Think Sinclair up top and Hayes starting outside would have gave the team more of a natural balance , but I'm not going to question the manager of the invincible though !