The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

It isnt really.

What it says to the rest of Scottish football is - your fixtures are expendable, and as well as postponing matches against diddies because we want to swell our already massive bank balance with cash from friendlies in Dubai or some other hellhole with cash to burn, we and Rangers will collude to demand that our derbies are delayed until crowds are back.

Because all of that is entirely reasonable................

clintonfacepalm.jpg.84a6d7e6dad3d1f66fea6283e099cd08.jpg

Business wants to make more money from it's customers shocker...

When will the madness end.

51 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Why would Celtic rescheduling a game not involving your team affect you to the point you dont want it?

If Celtic and Rangers 2012 agree to it then it's frankly nothing to do with you or Aberdeen .

I'd imagine the TV companies and sponsors/advertisers would be amenable to this as well as both sets of supporters as, the derby matches between the two are certainly the biggest draw for said TV executives and sponsors as well as the fixtures the fans of each club anticipate the most, certainly makes sense to schedule them where income and exposure can be maximized, common sense really and has zero effect on Aberdeen and, as previously stated absolutely f**k all to do with them.

Bizarre thing to get your knickers in a twist about. 

My problem with it, which anyone using logic should agree, is that fixing the matches and the order in which they’re played is against the integrity of the competition. By what he says, Neil Lennon is asking the SPFL to schedule the first Celtic v Rangers match outwith the first round of matches. As a Celtic supporter I know that you will never agree that the two clubs are trying to manipulate the fixtures to make the maximum income from them, but they are.

Just now, Romeo said:

Would you be as sanguine if St Mirren decided to arrange a friendly somewhere when it was an important time of the season?

Say just after you had lost to Rangers and were desperate to get the season back on track?

I doubt it, but thats how you treat other clubs.

While i have a lot of time for Neil Lennon, I really cant stand the new money smugness that surrounds Celtic these days. So much closer to a hedge fund than a charitable mindset these days, sadly.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

My problem with it, which anyone using logic should agree, is that fixing the matches and the order in which they’re played is against the integrity of the competition. By what he says, Neil Lennon is asking the SPFL to schedule the first Celtic v Rangers match outwith the first round of matches. As a Celtic supporter I know that you will never agree that the two clubs are trying to manipulate the fixtures to make the maximum income from them, but they are.

Calm down mate.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

And f**k the integrity of the competition altogether? You would think that having been awarded the championship without the season being completed, Celtic would just sit back and accept whatever order the “fixture computer” deals out.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Neil Lennon

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly don’t want it.

39 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Neil Lennon

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Standard response number 1.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Stalker.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Standard response number 67.

Mate, look...

You might want to go to another thread for a while or something.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

What a load of pish...

"Affects the integrity of the competition" fucking clown 😂😂😂😂

29 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

What a load of pish...

By what you’re saying, I take it that you would be happy for all clubs to expect to play certain other clubs at times of the season to suit themselves, 

56 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

What a load of pish...

He's obsessed. Season hasn't started yet and he's lost the plot completely over an innocuous puff piece in the papers.

Wait till the season gets going and we scud Aberdeen. 

Don’t know what’s more alarming. Celtic fans who can’t see what’s wrong with fixing fixtures or after listening to John Barnes interview, claiming they would never abuse anyone black (ooops)

16 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Don’t know what’s more alarming. Celtic fans who can’t see what’s wrong with fixing fixtures or after listening to John Barnes interview, claiming they would never abuse anyone black (ooops)

Basically, no one is permitted to criticise Celtic about anything. They are always correct.

25 minutes ago, Romeo said:

He's obsessed. Season hasn't started yet and he's lost the plot completely over an innocuous puff piece in the papers.

Wait till the season gets going and we scud Aberdeen. 

Given the differential in budgets, it would be a major surprise if you didn’t scud Aberdeen. (Not sure if I’m allowed to mention budgets)

"fixing fixtures"

Have we done something to Aberdeen recently?

Silly buggers.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

What a load of pish...

You are right - of course there is integrity in two clubs organising their own games to suit themselves....

I mean every other club will be afforded the same opportunity for fixtures of their choice...