The Celtic All Seasons thread

POLICE have launched an investigation into the "disgraceful and violent" protest outside Celtic Park last night.
Yobs clashed with cops outside the ground as they chanted "Lennon, get to f***" and "sack the board" after the 2-0 loss to Ross County

Crush barrier were pulled down and one was thrown at a police van as officers struggled to contain the fuming fans.
Three officers were injured during the protests, and are understood to have suffered bruising and soreness but did not require treatment.
Cops have now started a probe into the protest with yobs involved warned they will be arrested if they are identified.

The Chief Constable has made it clear that this is completely unacceptable and he has committed to reducing the impact of violence and improving the safety of officers and staff.
“We have now launched an investigation to identify those who were involved in the disorder and violence towards police officers, players and officials.

“My message is clear, you won’t get away with it, don’t think just because you weren’t arrested last night does not mean you escaped. If you are identified as being involved, you will be arrested.
“I would appeal to anyone who has any information that will assist this investigation to contact us through 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111, where anonymity can be maintained.

POLICE have launched an investigation into the "disgraceful and violent" protest outside Celtic Park last night.
Yobs clashed with cops outside the ground as they chanted "Lennon, get to f***" and "sack the board" after the 2-0 loss to Ross County
Crush barrier were pulled down and one was thrown at a police van as officers struggled to contain the fuming fans.
Three officers were injured during the protests, and are understood to have suffered bruising and soreness but did not require treatment.
Cops have now started a probe into the protest with yobs involved warned they will be arrested if they are identified.
The Chief Constable has made it clear that this is completely unacceptable and he has committed to reducing the impact of violence and improving the safety of officers and staff.
“We have now launched an investigation to identify those who were involved in the disorder and violence towards police officers, players and officials.

“My message is clear, you won’t get away with it, don’t think just because you weren’t arrested last night does not mean you escaped. If you are identified as being involved, you will be arrested.
“I would appeal to anyone who has any information that will assist this investigation to contact us through 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111, where anonymity can be maintained.

I'm nae Lee Wallace but get these mutants grassed.

Always been curious as to why Celtic fans seen to hate Lawwell and Desmond so much.

I get there is a perception of penny pinching, but it is simply not true, is it? Especially when you consider you've spend over £50mill in the past 3 years.

Got bored at work so looked at the figures from transfermarkt and over the past 9 seasons, Celtic have spent 80% of the transfer fees they have brought in from selling players. Thats far more a percentage than the teams Celtic should be aspiring to be in Europe: Benfica (42%), Porto (45%), Ajax (44%), PSV (53%) and Salzburg (53%).

So, rather than the board being tight arsed, is it not just that Celtic are failing to sign and/or produce players they can sell at a profit to then be reinvested.

For me, your problems lie in the scouting department identifying dud players and having coaches/managers that arent developing players to maximise the profit later on. 

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Always been curious as to why Celtic fans seen to hate Lawwell and Desmond so much.

I get there is a perception of penny pinching, but it is simply not true, is it? Especially when you consider you've spend over £50mill in the past 3 years.

Got bored at work so looked at the figures from transfermarkt and over the past 9 seasons, Celtic have spent 80% of the transfer fees they have brought in from selling players. Thats far more a percentage than the teams Celtic should be aspiring to be in Europe: Benfica (42%), Porto (45%), Ajax (44%), PSV (53%) and Salzburg (53%).

So, rather than the board being tight arsed, is it not just that Celtic are failing to sign and/or produce players they can sell at a profit to then be reinvested.

For me, your problems lie in the scouting department identifying dud players and having coaches/managers that arent developing players to maximise the profit later on. 

Thoughts?

Lawwell has taken over 9 million off us in the past 5 years. The guy claims we have a wage structure then absolutely obliterates with his bonuses. An absolute hypocrite, he may be decent at his day job is no way worth how much he takes out. As for Desmond as much as he is a tory w**k I dont really think there is much hatred towards him, he's not even a majority shareholder and has bigger ventures to be concerned about. I don't think he usually withdraws his dividends either so isn't bleeding the club like Lawwell is.

Im also sceptical about the 80% tbh, apart from this season we usually run at a heavy surplus, I assume it doesn't include the sell on from the Van Dijk deal either. I had no issues this season tbh with our signings (not using hindsight), as usual they were done late though so fucked up our European chances again.

As a general rule we are a decently ran club but Lawwells bonuses really do irk me. I wish we did show a bit more ambition though. Rodgers wasn't backed at all in his final season, unpopular opinion but I don’t really blame him for leaving.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Lawwell has taken over 9 million off us in the past 5 years. The guy claims we have a wage structure then absolutely obliterates with his bonuses. An absolute hypocrite, he may be decent at his day job is no way worth how much he takes out. As for Desmond as much as he is a tory w**k I dont really think there is much hatred towards him, he's not even a majority shareholder and has bigger ventures to be concerned about. I don't think he usually withdraws his dividends either so isn't bleeding the club like Lawwell is.

Im also sceptical about the 80% tbh, apart from this season we usually run at a heavy surplus, I assume it doesn't include the sell on from the Van Dijk deal either. I had no issues this season tbh with our signings (not using hindsight), as usual they were done late though so fucked up our European chances again.

As a general rule we are a decently ran club but Lawwells bonuses really do irk me. I wish we did show a bit more ambition though. Rodgers wasn't backed at all in his final season, unpopular opinion but I don’t really blame him for leaving.

Do they have tories in the republic ?