The Celtic All Seasons thread

18 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Why has nobody ever spoken up about the video of Stuart McCall falling off a car (or numerous other viral videos of people being drunk) in the same way that people are with Lennon here? 

Wild guess here but probably because McCall was celebrating promotion to the premier league in normal times - rather than breaking travel rules to cross the border during a pandemic for a random swally while the vast majority of the population were obeying those rules.

The papers are reporting this morning that Christie’s contract, bizarrely, doesn’t actually end in May/June like every other contract. It actually ends in January, meaning clubs can sign him on a Bosman in the summer.

What a truly odd contract to give out.

40 minutes ago, G51 said:

The papers are reporting this morning that Christie’s contract, bizarrely, doesn’t actually end in May/June like every other contract. It actually ends in January, meaning clubs can sign him on a Bosman in the summer.

It took Christie about 3 years to get into the Celtic team and make the grade, for me hes not a big loss.

23 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It took Christie about 3 years to get into the Celtic team and make the grade, for me hes not a big loss.

Will make a hefty saving by employing far less ballboys to retrieve his many, many shots from the stands.

On 14/04/2021 at 20:33, bennett said:

NEIL LENNON is at the centre of a police probe over claims he was involved in an alleged cross-border Covid-breach. 

Cops are investigating after a video clip emerged online that appeared to show the former Celtic boss at a hotel in England -  a day after outdoor boozers opened down south.

Bars and restaurants remain closed under Scotland’s tougher virus curbs but on Monday rules were eased south of the border.

Current restrictions in Scotland also mean people are prohibited from travelling outside their local authority area unless for essential purposes

What could be more essential than going for a drink?

On 15/04/2021 at 09:39, gannonball said:

Walking the dog and calling in to a pub for a bit is a vastly underrated past time.

What's the address of your local?

Did James Forrest not have a similar situation a few years ago?

58 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
5 hours ago, G51 said:

Did James Forrest not have a similar situation a few years ago?

Yeah that does ring a bell under Deila. 
If this is true it makes it all the more bizarre why we have been playing him so much.

On 14/10/2020 at 11:23, Mr. Alli said:

What is with all the infighting on Twitter with your fans and some boy with Wyscout? 

Does he work for the club? 

Been a long time coming, but this finally came to a head today.

The "CFCAnon" account that hounded JucoJames/spent the whole time defending Lennon and Scott Brown/offered multiple Celtic and Rangers a fight at Celtic Park if they criticised the club/Lennon/Brown, was outed as Craig Dunbar, Celtics "Head of Analysis". 

Account was deleted a few hours after the post came out.

On 19/04/2021 at 07:50, VictorOnopko said:

Wild guess here but probably because McCall was celebrating promotion to the premier league in normal times - rather than breaking travel rules to cross the border during a pandemic for a random swally while the vast majority of the population were obeying those rules.

Yep that was kind of my point, I wasn’t defending Lennon I was slating those who were defending him over his supposed alcohol issues.

I have no idea if the Craig Dunbar thing is true or not (JucoJames isn’t that smart and his evidence is pretty tenuous), but it is proper Banter Years stuff if Celtic’s Head of Analytics spent the entire year trolling people on Twitter in a season when Celtic looked as if they had no idea how to prepare for a match.

Just now, G51 said:

I have no idea if the Craig Dunbar thing is true or not (JucoJames isn’t that smart and his evidence is pretty tenuous), but it is proper Banter Years stuff if Celtic’s Head of Analytics spent the entire year trolling people on Twitter in a season when Celtic looked as if they had no idea how to prepare for a match.

Tbf early on it did seem like that account had proper, behind the scenes, data. A lot seems to have been deleted though.

Sure it used to/still does sell "merchandise" for charity, with a tiny disclaimer that about 50% goes to him 😂

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf early on it did seem like that account had proper, behind the scenes, data. A lot seems to have been deleted though.

Sure it used to/still does sell "merchandise" for charity, with a tiny disclaimer that about 50% goes to him 😂

He definitely had some metrics that looked like they could only have come from Celtic’s internal data, but they were also just spreadsheet files that he could easily have made up.

I came to the conclusion a few months back that it was just a Rangers fan on the wind up, because some of the stuff coming out of the account was really fucked up and just looked like a parody. If it really is a club employee then it’s going to cause a shitstorm, not just on Twitter.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

He definitely had some metrics that looked like they could only have come from Celtic’s internal data, but they were also just spreadsheet files that he could easily have made up.

I came to the conclusion a few months back that it was just a Rangers fan on the wind up, because some of the stuff coming out of the account was really fucked up and just looked like a parody. If it really is a club employee then it’s going to cause a shitstorm, not just on Twitter.

I didn't see enough of it to really know, tbh. I follow jucojames on twitter (I follow almost every analytics account in Scotland that I know of tbh), so only saw things he posted/retweeted.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I didn't see enough of it to really know, tbh. I follow jucojames on twitter (I follow almost every analytics account in Scotland that I know of tbh), so only saw things he posted/retweeted.

Some of the stuff posted about Kamara etc. would be enough to get someone sacked if it was proven that they worked for an SPFL club. That probably says everything you’d need to know.