The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Generally can’t recall any Celtic fan on here using that as a reason for piss poor performance over recent seasons. 

It’s just a stick diddies like to beat us with. The reason for poor performances are just that we have been poor not every team we play has silly resources like Real Madrid or the EPL teams so we should be more competitive than we have been

sure

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’d have to be an idiot or have a vested interest in ignoring it to find finance and its influence on football boring. 

I can honestly say I don’t give a single hoot about Aberdeens finances.

Idiot with a vested interest that I am.

8 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66853131.amp

I’m glad to hear this. Claiming to be a seperate entity from the boys club never sat well with me.

"There is a huge difference between Celtic agreeing to settle out of court and a settlement at court that has been ordered by a judge. The club still wouldn't be accepting liability for what happened and that's what a lot of these guys want. The victims haven't been in this for the money."

The BBC reported that Celtic were wanting to reach a settlement on Tuesday. The litigation relates to abuse carried out by the boys club founder Jim Torbett and former coach Frank Cairney, both of whom are convicted paedophiles.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

"There is a huge difference between Celtic agreeing to settle out of court and a settlement at court that has been ordered by a judge. The club still wouldn't be accepting liability for what happened and that's what a lot of these guys want. The victims haven't been in this for the money."

The BBC reported that Celtic were wanting to reach a settlement on Tuesday. The litigation relates to abuse carried out by the boys club founder Jim Torbett and former coach Frank Cairney, both of whom are convicted paedophiles.

Ah right. Hopefully the first paragraph changes in due course. 
 I don’t get why them paying up isn’t admitting to some sort of liability but the law baffles me to be honest.