The Celtic All Seasons thread

So looks like we're getting £7m potentially rising to £10m from Charlotte in the MLS for Abada.

Pleasantly surprised at that, with him being injured most of the season and this his piss poor attitude since his return, I was pretty much expecting his value to be in the gutter.

Cheerio

1 hour ago, DavieCFC said:

So looks like we're getting £7m potentially rising to £10m from Charlotte in the MLS for Abada.

Pleasantly surprised at that, with him being injured most of the season and this his piss poor attitude since his return, I was pretty much expecting his value to be in the gutter.

Cheerio

He looked a right prospect but his best season was his first and has been out of form for various reasons past year would almost say. He also looked well off it at champions league level too. Genuinely felt for him of late for the position he was in and the pressure he would have got from his homeland playing for us so it's best for all he leaves really. Still got a decent enough return considering.

Edited by gannonball

56 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Cheerio

I hope he fucking tears it up away from an arena full of hate filled terrorist loving bigots abusing him personally. 

7 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I hope he fucking tears it up away from an arena full of hate filled terrorist loving bigots abusing him personally. 

Absolute nonsense, got a huge ovation when he made his return and was cheered whenever he came on.

His cameo at Easter Road was nothing short of a disgrace

20 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What a media cover up about a player being forced out a club because of his nationality by a bunch of fucking weirdo supporters. 

We've had more Israeli players than any other club in Scotland you absolute roaster. 

ETA - possibly even Britain perhaps?

Edited by gannonball

Abada's all round play has never been great, especially when it comes to dribbling and crossing. His positioning and finishing are good and he suited Ange's rigid system where he made runs when certain passes were triggered, but he's had so many games (including when Ange was manager) where he was completely anonymous. So with that in mind I think we've gotten a great fee for him. Good luck to him.

30 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What a media cover up about a player being forced out a club because of his nationality by a bunch of fucking weirdo supporters. 

It’s not the support forcing him out at all, he was welcomed back with a huge ovation. It’s the pressure put on him and his family from back home that’s forcing him to evaluate his options.

No need to fabricate utter shite to suit a narrative you want to paint.

On Abada however, I’ll be sorry to see him go but since his injury he just hasn’t been at it all, I feel for him as he’s in a difficult spot but we make a good profit and good luck to him, I hope he does well in MLS like GG has done. 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s not the support forcing him out at all, he was welcomed back with a huge ovation. It’s the pressure put on him and his family from back home that’s forcing him to evaluate his options.

No need to fabricate utter shite to suit a narrative 

What?  Your support have banners supporting Hamas who committed terrorist attacks on the country the player is from?

Why would he want to play football in front of a support that does that?  

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We've had more Israeli players than any other club in Scotland you absolute roaster. 

ETA - possibly even Britain perhaps?

I don't think that will be the case anymore as your support have shown themselves up as terrorist loving weirdo's - not just glorifying the IRA either. 

19 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

Absolute nonsense, got a huge ovation when he made his return and was cheered whenever he came on.

His cameo at Easter Road was nothing short of a disgrace

Ask yourself why the player might be performing like that?  Could it be the support of terrorists from your support that executed people in his country? 

Just a guess?  I would say that would effect 99% of people. 

Fucks it got to do with football anyway you absolute whackjobs?  

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

I don't think that will be the case anymore as your support have shown themselves up as terrorist loving weirdo's - not just glorifying the IRA either. 

No need for the apostrophe there. Happy to help.

I’ve seen Celtic wave Palestinian flags for years but I’ve never seen Hamas banners from them. I’m not saying they haven’t had them of course.

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What?  Your support have banners supporting Hamas who committed terrorist attacks on the country the player is from?

Why would he want to play football in front of a support that does that?  

I’ve never seen an Hamas flag or banner at CP however if you mean the banner on the day the war broke out you would have seen many of our support condemned that particular banner, myself included. 

It was tone deaf and thousands of fans gave public support for the lad.

Its his choice to go, no one including the fans are telling him to, the question to why he would want to stay is a different thing entirely but there is no force

Edited by Jinky67