The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know @Hoose Ricehas made a rip roaring arse of himself (again) over this yesterday but people are really clutching at straws here over the Abada situation with takes like this. The majority of our fans base like a lot of the world  do not agree with the IDF's actions of late, but it would be ridiculous to single out someone who just happens to come from the country who's government/army are carrying out these atrocities. Having said that I understand why Abada doesn't want to play for us at present but has stayed pretty quiet on the matter to probably avoid giving morons any further oxygen over it.

I did?  I don't think you will have many posters agreeing with you there chief, all we can see is defection tactics as always because your support are terrorist lovers who have forced a footballer out of the country due to where he was born and because of his religion.  Disgusting really, I would be ashamed if that was a part of my support.   But all you that "don't partake" (just sit and listen and watch but don't join in) have expertise in deflecting so you can support a club that wins loads of trophies in Scotland. 

58 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This loss to Hearts seems to have upset him, somewhat.

Rapidly eclipsing @Jinky67 in the "must reply to everything" stakes.

A guy with nearly 40k posts trying to act clever over someone responding to a few people. 😂

2 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The first sentence isn't the full point, but you knew that already. I'm certain you don't struggle with reading comprehension as much as it's coming across right now, trying to focus in on one sentence as if the rest of the point wasn't made.

You've certainly joined the group of Celtic fans on here that will never criticise anything your club or fans do. It's plain as day that Abada would not be wanting to leave if the Celtic fans aren't taking the political stance that they are. That's all I'm saying. Not saying anything about whether they should or should not be taking that stance, but because they're taking that stance he is being forced to leave.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

This loss to Hearts seems to have upset him, somewhat.

Rapidly eclipsing @Jinky67 in the "must reply to everything" stakes.

Your fellow fan @kingjoey pisses all over me in that stake these days. At least when I reply it usually has something to do with my own team but Joey posts more about Celtic than I do these days.

A bit like the Statler and Waldorf of P&B you two

Statler And Waldorf Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Your fellow fan @kingjoey pisses all over me in that stake these days. At least when I reply it usually has something to do with my own team but Joey posts more about Celtic than I do these days.

Somebody's got to add a bit of truth to this thread. 

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You've certainly joined the group of Celtic fans on here that will never criticise anything your club or fans do. It's plain as day that Abada would not be wanting to leave if the Celtic fans aren't taking the political stance that they are. That's all I'm saying. Not saying anything about whether they should or should not be taking that stance, but because they're taking that stance he is being forced to leave.

Ok well I disagree with that first part as I've criticised both of those plenty, even if you haven't had sight of it. I've had first hand experience some of our fans acting like absolute fannies on away days. Broken seats is c*nt behaviour, accidental or not. A recent example being the amount of time it took us to get into the Stadio Olimpico in Rome because of the amount of fake tickets that were floating about, then there were a bunch of eejits kicking the fences like it was going to make any difference. I disagree with the club on the recent red card as I've already stated I thought it was a clear red card. I've criticised our transfer policy recently. I think the nepotism within our club is an embarrassment where having the surname Lawwell or Strachan makes getting a job much easier, to name a few.

I agree that the wider support for Palestine is one of the variables, but I think the overall situation is far more nuanced that that. Even if there was no support for Palestine, being a young person away from home while your home country is at war is going to upset any reasonable person.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They don’t really however you’re on a crusade so crack on. 

You're right they don't, and normally that is the case. 

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're right they don't, and normally that is the case. 

That’s because what you are doing is posting your version of the truth when it’s actually much more nuanced than your somewhat simplistic take on it. That too is normally the case

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s because what you are doing is posting your version of the truth when it’s actually much more nuanced than your somewhat simplistic take on it. That too is normally the case

Definitely my last post on here today. My point initially was that if the Celtic fans are not taking the stance that they are over Palestine, Abada would be staying at Celtic. A simple point which no one of a Celtic persuasion on here seems to be able to bring themselves to admit. Nothing about whether Celtic fans should or should not be taking that particular stance. But I'm sure you know that.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Definitely my last post on here today. My point initially was that if the Celtic fans are not taking the stance that they are over Palestine, Abada would be staying at Celtic. A simple point which no one of a Celtic persuasion on here seems to be able to bring themselves to admit. Nothing about whether Celtic fans should or should not be taking that particular stance. But I'm sure you know that.

No one personally campaigned against Abada so he’s not being “forced out.” If he wants to leave because of protests then he’s free to go, but once again, he’s not being forced out.

When he came back from injury he got one of the loudest cheers, if he was booed then yeah, you could say he was being forced out.

We were told he was concerned about his family back home.

Ultimately though Abada has not offered his stance on the Gaza conflict, rightfully so, he’s under no obligation to. He’s never said why he’s leaving, so it’s all speculation.

Do I think it played a part along with pressure from the national coach and other coaches from his homeland? Most definitely.

Edited by stressball

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Sections of Celtic fans were taking the same stance on Palestine way before the conflict escalated, let’s not forget this isn’t a new conflict but a significant escalation of an existing one.

Palestinian flags have been waved at CP during Abadas first season and second seasons and there wasn’t an issue so it cannot be solely Celtic fans stance on Palestine as that is not a new thing.

What has changed is that since the escalation of the conflict is the abhorrent and vile abuse directed at him and his family in large chunks by of his own countrymen. The pressure put on him by his national team coaches etc. It’s made his position completely untenable and he’s now doing what any sensible person would and protecting what is dear to him, and that is absolutely fair enough.

But you neglected to mention any of that abuse unless of course you think that playing for a football club where some fans have been known to wave Palestinian flags and show support for their plight merits the abuse he is receiving from pro-Israel segments. I’d like to think not however it wouldn’t be the first time you surprised me this week

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sections of Celtic fans were taking the same stance on Palestine way before the conflict escalated, let’s not forget this isn’t a new conflict but a significant escalation of an existing one.

Palestinian flags have been waved at CP during Abadas first season and second seasons and there wasn’t an issue so it cannot be solely Celtic fans stance on Palestine as that is not a new thing.

What has changed is that since the escalation of the conflict is the abhorrent and vile abuse directed at him and his family in large chunks by of his own countrymen. It’s made his position completely untenable and he’s now doing what any sensible person would and protecting what is dear to him.

But you neglected to mention any of that abuse unless of course you think that playing for a football club where some fans have been known to wave Palestinian flags and show support for their plight merits the abuse he is receiving from pro-Israel segments. I’d like to think not however it wouldn’t be the first time you surprised me this week

I know I said I wouldn't post again on this thread today but I feel I must ask for you to rearrange these words into a well known phrase.

Banging I'm wall head brick my against a.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know I said I wouldn't post again on this thread today but I feel I must ask for you to rearrange these words into a well known phrase.

Banging I'm wall head brick my against a.

You can ask however probably best you just act on what you said 

Anyway I have said my bit but unlike you I will leave it there.

Oh and good luck to Liel Abada, I hope he gets peace to enjoy and make the most of his career. 

Edited by Jinky67

I don’t think it’s just flag waving from Celtic fans though. There is clearly a lot of online abuse he is receiving, even if he did receive an ovation in the stadium.

Add in the claims made today from the president of his former club that he has been approached in public by fans then it’s clearly a more complex issue than just Palestine flags being waved.

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What has changed is that since the escalation of the conflict is the abhorrent and vile abuse directed at him and his family in large chunks by of his own countrymen. The pressure put on him by his national team coaches etc. It’s made his position completely untenable and he’s now doing what any sensible person would and protecting what is dear to him, and that is absolutely fair enough.

Is the main issue for Abada possibly  that hours after Hamas launched an attack that killed hundreds of Israeli civilians that the Celtic fans displayed a banner celebrating the ‘victory for the resistance’ with Hamas being the Islamic Resistance Movement ?

How the f**k did Celtic fans expect him to react ?

Hopefully his anticipated transfer allows him to get away from this type of behaviour and allows him to enjoy his football again.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn