Change

sctv

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

maybe not in terms of prize money but the gates. Camelon did ok with big gates a few years ago against Kilwinning and in previous years when had big ties. I just like it as it is.  But thats just me

But as home team, you give at least 55% of that away - equally split gate receipts plus 10% cut to SJFA, with official costs deducted before any monies split.

In basic terms, in order to make the sort of money you'd take at a normal home league game, you'd need to more than double the typical gate.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Juniors for what it is. I don't see the attraction of going into an over crowded market which to me seems to rely on that one big pay day that might never happen.  Where as in the Juniors you might get that cup run that gets some interest and cash.  The price allows a lot of people to see games. Going into the EOSFL for example I think would lose clubs revenue aswell.  It might benefit some clubs but I think for my club we are over crowded as it is with Falkirk, stenny, shire and stirling albion all in the senior game

Totally agree. I like going to junior games. I've tried lower league senior matches, but don't enjoy it as much.

Took in a lot of their games last season, great run they went on was sorry to see some of the players go hopefully they re build and have another good season, the management team have to be complimented on the second half of the season

The Rose this season had it agreed at the AGM that accompanied kids under 16 would be free to all home league games.

I'd like to see a pyramid in place otherwise I feel the clubs that provide the big paydays may look to move on.

A fixture list would be cracking, must be a pain in the erse for clubs to plan hospitality, pie hut orders etc when you get drip fed fixtures along with general budgeting.

Local cups need reviewed too as if there's no prize money they fall down the list of priorities.

Junior Cup, no sponsor yet again. Surely those at the top should have this tied into an objective for their role. Also the pay out for Junior Cup is now made up to 12k for finalists where this was paid on top of gate money previously. You can make more money getting a good draw in the 3rd round big Scottish than winning the junior cup. However I understand why this is kept low for the junior Cup as the vast majority won't win it so vote against an increase.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Remove the artificial barriers between "Senior" and "Junior", we're all just football clubs.

And play in our national league

22 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

But as home team, you give at least 55% of that away - equally split gate receipts plus 10% cut to SJFA, with official costs deducted before any monies split.

In basic terms, in order to make the sort of money you'd take at a normal home league game, you'd need to more than double the typical gate.

I think you are just looking at it negatively as the same would happen in the senior scottish.  Looking for example at Stenhousemuir vs East Kilbride in the scottish cup 3rd round a couple of years back attended by 502.  Thats very much a typical stenny crowd so their wasn't that much interested.  Next up Kilbie played Celtic and that generated a lot of interest. But Has Kilbies crowds grew that much. I think they will drop if kilby end up becoming a mid-table lowland league side.  The clubs in Lowland league have no fans I would say probably spartans and shire carry the most fans and a lot of Junior teams carry more fans.  Interest in Linlithgows cup run was because the club has tradition and because they were a Junior club.

The Linlithgow vs Bo'ness would be a good example of how a big crowd generates for the games at both venues they could also play each other in a cup. So are bo'ness better off being in a cup theyve no chance of winning go out in the 1st round to Lothian thistle where as in the JUniors they#d get to the 5th round or quarters of Junior cup plus they have their local derby and other games where teams bring in decent crowds.

I just think the only benefit is the Senior Scottish Cup and even at that the stenny vs kilby point . Other than that I don't see the big deal.

JUniors for me to support Camelon and from a distance the Shire in Lowland league

15 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think you are just looking at it negatively as the same would happen in the senior scottish.  Looking for example at Stenhousemuir vs East Kilbride in the scottish cup 3rd round a couple of years back attended by 502.  Thats very much a typical stenny crowd so their wasn't that much interested.  Next up Kilbie played Celtic and that generated a lot of interest. But Has Kilbies crowds grew that much. I think they will drop if kilby end up becoming a mid-table lowland league side.  The clubs in Lowland league have no fans I would say probably spartans and shire carry the most fans and a lot of Junior teams carry more fans.  Interest in Linlithgows cup run was because the club has tradition and because they were a Junior club.

The Linlithgow vs Bo'ness would be a good example of how a big crowd generates for the games at both venues they could also play each other in a cup. So are bo'ness better off being in a cup theyve no chance of winning go out in the 1st round to Lothian thistle where as in the JUniors they#d get to the 5th round or quarters of Junior cup plus they have their local derby and other games where teams bring in decent crowds.

I just think the only benefit is the Senior Scottish Cup and even at that the stenny vs kilby point . Other than that I don't see the big deal.

JUniors for me to support Camelon and from a distance the Shire in Lowland league

What you're missing is that there is substantial appearance money in the Senior cup. It has slightly changed I believe (not sure what money there is for preliminaries) but the basic rule of thumb is:

£2k to play in R1
£4k to play in R2
£6k to play in R3
£8k to play in R4 (a reasonable target for a decent Junior side)

That is TWENTY THOUSAND quid gross for winning 3 ties.

There is no reason to make it a Junior Cup vs Senior cup issue as in most countries non-league clubs have the national plus minor cup to compete for.

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

What you're missing is that there is substantial appearance money in the Senior cup. It has slightly changed I believe (not sure what money there is for preliminaries) but the basic rule of thumb is:

£2k to play in R1
£4k to play in R2
£6k to play in R3
£8k to play in R4 (a reasonable target for a decent Junior side)

That is TWENTY THOUSAND quid gross for winning 3 ties.

There is no reason to make it a Junior Cup vs Senior cup issue as in most countries non-league clubs have the national plus minor cup to compete for.

But thats if they make it.  They are most likely to go out in round 1 or round 2.

Looking at it another way in a few years when the excitement dies down. For arguments sake Kelty Hearts make it to round 3 and are playing Brechin city. I really don't see the massive interest in it. Maybe if it was Dunfermline or Raith Rovers or maybe cowdenbeath.  But Is it likely to get drawn against one of those 3.

Archived