The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

It’s not the not scored bit, it’s the hardly had a shot that’s more worrying .
you can’t expect to sign almost a team of juniors & expect to compete. The 2 players of real experience at this level, Fisher & Wharton are on bench. Would be good to know the explanation of why. Hopefully just injuries. 
I honestly can’t see where a win is coming from 
Both injuries.

Wharton injury was hamstring

1 hour ago, Juniorjnr said:

How is Graham Gracie doing for you, great player at Larky.

Came on as a sub against Ayr-looked as if he could be a handful . I think his success will depend very much  on the quality of crosses , final ball etc which we have been lacking so far

2 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Came on as a sub against Ayr-looked as if he could be a handful . I think his success will depend very much  on the quality of crosses , final ball etc which we have been lacking so far

Good to hear, smashing big lad too, all the best for the season.

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

What's Kieran Wright like? We've signed him on loan as Robbie Thomson got injured, so he'll likely be cover but should get a few first team games while he's out. 

Was ok, got potential but still has some mistakes in him.

Although harsh to judge him on team that leaked goals though 

What's Kieran Wright like? We've signed him on loan as Robbie Thomson got injured, so he'll likely be cover but should get a few first team games while he's out. 

I wouldn’t worry about having Kieran in goals. Our defence last year was pathetic. De Gea wouldn’t have kept a clean sheet with them in front of him.

13 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I liked him and don't remember him making any serious clangers , as others have alluded he was hopelessly exposed by a defence who couldn't defend a crossball/ set peice to save themselves

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

State of you’s emoji23.png

This sums up position Rovers are in to be honest.

Getting pelters from a traveler with a photo of a guy who’s miles above this level but can’t get a decent club because he got done for a sex case.

best of it is he’s right State of ARFC

Can we now stop the “Betfred was warm up for real thing, wait till we’re up against teams our own level “ crap.

This club unless things change are doomed. Certs to finish bottom and future of club will be in jeopardy.

The last few boards couldn’t get the club in a good position despite 4 old firm ties so what chance if we’re playing Civil Service Strollers.

Manager interview today slates then saying they’ve had their chance and loan players will come in then says they’re good lads and will come good next week.

He signed every player. Only kept Fisher on who has hardly had a decent game this year. 

This decision to appoint a junior manager is a joke. 

We won’t get off bottom of league unless changes. 

Wheras the state of pitch at home arguably cost us the league last season it could be only thing that saves us as will bring teams down to our level 

Would today be Edinburgh City's best ever score in the SPFL?
First time we have ever been top of any division of the Scottish League, though, even for a day - and that includes all pre-War Division 2, post-War Division C and since we came back into the League in 2016.

Guest Landan Spiv

Good luck for the season Albion. We don't normally put 4 past anyone to be honest. Hope you sort things out. Decent chat with a few of your fans in the bar before the game. 

1 hour ago, scrooge1928 said:
1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:
Would today be Edinburgh City's best ever score in the SPFL?

First time we have ever been top of any division of the Scottish League, though, even for a day - and that includes all pre-War Division 2, post-War Division C and since we came back into the League in 2016.

Can you remember those dismal pre war days :P i'm sure Tam would have been covering the action with his box brownie:lol:

10 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

Am hearing Rovers already meagre budget is already overspent which means there is nothing left in the kitty to `strengthen` the team. Brogan is now talking about bringing in loan players.

I don't expect loanees are entirely cost-free.

8 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I don't expect loanees are entirely cost-free.

Depends on what clubs your dealing with some will charge the players full wage, some part and some would maybe give you a young guy for free to give him decent game time.