We need to talk about Doncaster

10 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Punishment is justice you utter fucking twat.

Well it isn't - and no sane person would think that.  However, I know this is the level of social degeneration your mob operate at.  I don't think Doncaster does.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Well it isn't - and no sane person would think that.  However, I know this is the level of social degeneration your mob operate at.  I don't think Doncaster does.

Justice comes in many guises as you well know and being punished for breaking the rules is deemed to be justice. Also on another variant, clearing your person in court from false accusations and charges could also be seen as justice.

In Rangers case, justice hasn't been fairly or honest given for the offences they committed over a decade. And there are bigger reasons and I do understand why it was done, it wasn't just about Rangers keeping titles or apparently being punished to the full extend of the newly written rules fudged up and farted out in time for Rangers demise into liquidation either.

Having that c**t Ogilvie as head of the SFA when Rangers went into liquidation did not help matters one iota and actually made the problem even worse because he was an EBT recipient of the club in question. Old rules applied to Rangers and it was lights out Rangers bye bye forever and then the club WOULD have been striped of all the trophies they won during the EBT era. UEFA get involved and then European clubs come clambering looking for compensation from being beaten by a club caught up in cheating & corruption and UEFA get fucked off because the SFA allowed a club to play in it's competitions with ineligible players and then find out the fucking head of the SFA took EBT payments as well, a nuclear bomb type scenario has now exploded and the SPL & SFA get investigated.

FIFA now become involved and the snowball starts to gather pace and velocity because Scotland have now fielded ineligible players in their competitions. If it's not bad enough then the worlds press has a fucking field day and then WE ALL get branded by every fucking club from every country and national team as the most corrupt fucking footballing organisation ever to have been ever on the planet.

All because Rangers thought they could do whatever the f**k they liked and thought they were untouchable. You see? It isn't just about titles. As much as I'd love to see justice actually done, I'd only be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

So you can bang on about winning a fixed outcome all you want, it will never be forgotten how you got the other 54 titles, they were bought from a dying club to pay it's debts from trying to f**k over the HMRC.

17 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Punishment is Justice!

Hellbhoy is a communist.

Capitalism is just a fart in the wind ideology as well as Communism. Neither of them actually work because they won't work if the legal system stops them from being a reality.

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

EBTs were clearly available to Celtic since they paid Juninho with one.

EBTs have been ruled legal. https://waitingfortax.com/2017/07/27/a-short-note-on-tax-law-for-rangers-and-celtic-fans/

---

On the topic of Neil Doncaster I don't see why he continues to have to a job. I don't want to say he has been an outright failure but it is time to move on and bring in someone with new ideas. The SPFL has been treading water since the merger and have failed to establish a brand or narrative for the leagues. Highlights and exposure seem to have went backwards, e.g. no rights sold in the US for the upcoming season. He certainly isn't pushing the league forward so time for him to be emptied.

That's quite an interesting blog.  I read it back in 2015 when he was posting about the original decision and thought he was getting unfair flak from the usual rabid Bhoys.  As he said, he has affiliations with neither Celtic nor Rangers.  As a 'tax silk' he may have a vested interest in promoting some of his views but not materially so.

However, I don't think he says anything about the legality of EBTs (btw this type of use of an EBT HAS been illegal since the Finance Bill of 2011).  What he says is that Rangers' use of EBTs was neither illegal nor unlawful.  Basically, he says that, like any of us, they were entitled  to test tax law, accepting the fact that they might be found to be liable, or not, for PAYE and NI at some point in the future.  I see what he's saying and in normal circumstances I'd agree with him.  But...

What I think shoots that argument down is:

• Rangers didn't put the money aside to pay the PAYE/NI if they were found to be incorrect in their assumption.
  • Rangers lied to the taxman in 2004 about the existence of side-letters.  This is supported by the fact that penalties of 50% have been applied to all sums.

He goes part of the way to saying this in his last paragraph.

What about a situation where Rangers gave misleading answers to HMRC outside the self-assessment form? Certainly it would be very poor behaviour. And I can imagine circumstances in which this might be unlawful. But, on its own, this fact – if fact it is – does not enable the conclusion to be drawn that Rangers has broken any law.

14 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I don't know what this guy's trying to achieve but this is going to cause a shit storm.

After all the saga of the tax case, title stripping etc..... I feel that this guy should be pumped out of our game.

An invite to hear supporter's groups views is going to be fun. I wonder what fans he starts with first?

Whilst I personally didn't agree with the initial dealing of the issue a few years back rather than the statement this week, I feel that he should have left it. It's as if he's opened another can of worms.

So, what would you like to say to him?

Thoughts please.

Doncaster is trying to make himself look the good guy by letting fans air their grievance but will do the large sum of hee haw about it any way.

14 hours ago, bennett said:

If people are unhappy about rules being followed and sevco not being punished twice, then i suggest you contact your clubs...

Punished, Keep kidding yourself on that was any sort of punishment for what your club did. Other clubs throughout the world have been more severly dealt with for much less than what Sevco have done. Only in Scotland though can the powers that be think a £280k punishment for tax evasion and side contracts over 10 years or more is suitable punishment.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Doncaster is failing to grasp the essential point:  The moon-howlers aren't seeking justice, they simply want punishment.

On this occasion, justice equates to a far sterner punishment than has thus far been forthcoming.

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Gonna go and a have a w**k or something monkey . Will do you the world of good 

Putting my arguments firmly back in their place again FB?

How can I compete with your command of the subject and rhetorical flair?

You've nothing remotely worthwhile to say on this.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Putting my arguments firmly back in their place again FB?

How can I compete with your command of the subject and rhetorical flair?

You've nothing remotely worthwhile to say on this.

No one really bothers with you because you are so utterly boring . The fact you just go from thread to thread rambling is hilarious 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

No one really bothers with you because you are so utterly boring . The fact you just go from thread to thread rambling is hilarious 

Plenty do actually.

Don't judge everyone by your standards.

3 hours ago, Paralytic Critic said:

Doncaster is trying to make himself look the good guy by letting fans air their grievance but will do the large sum of hee haw about it any way.

Punished, Keep kidding yourself on that was any sort of punishment for what your club did. Other clubs throughout the world have been more severly dealt with for much less than what Sevco have done. Only in Scotland though can the powers that be think a £280k punishment for tax evasion and side contracts over 10 years or more is suitable punishment.

'tax evasion' 

And they wonder why we don't take the moon howlers seriously...

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

'tax evasion' 

And they wonder why we don't take the moon howlers seriously...

Legally, it's not tax evasion but withholding the existence of the side-letters from HMRC between 2004 and 2008 is michty suspicious.  Why would they do this?

It looks like HMRC felt the same and imposed significant penalties.

On 7/27/2017 at 21:15, bennett said:

The spfl is the clubs, Neil is just a figurehead. It's the club representatives on the board who make the decisions.

If people are unhappy about rules being followed and sevco not being punished twice, then i suggest you contact your clubs...

were they even punished once?

On 7/27/2017 at 16:49, hellbhoy said:

The board of directors at the SPFL & SFA are the fannies that make the rules that the clubs have to abide by. The clubs have no part in creating any rules, if they had then Rangers would have been fucked over by a bullet train.

So organization composed of clubs; said clubs have no say in how league should run?

interesting.

Archived