Dynamic Pricing

Just saw a clip about dynamic pricing coming to a supermarket near you soon

What do we think of prices fuctuating throughout the day?

It will mean that supermarkets can price match internet sites or competitors instantly.

It also means they can instantly stop special deals on ice cream if it's hot outside, or on sandwiches at lunch time.

29 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Just saw a clip about dynamic pricing coming to a supermarket near you soon

What do we think of prices fuctuating throughout the day?

It will mean that supermarkets can price match internet sites or competitors instantly.

It also means they can instantly stop special deals on ice cream if it's hot or on sandwiches at lunch time.

Can't see hot ice cream being a big seller tbh.

Only time I really go to the supermarket is to grab some cold coffee milk drink things very early in the morning before the gym opens. They're about 80p. I'm curious to see if they'll lower the price to make me by a skip load of them or jack up the price massively as I'm the only fucker buying them?

I worked for a company building and testing automatic price generating stuff back in early 2000's. Digital price tags and stuff. Thought it would take off but haven't seen it anywhere and just remembered about it now.

With apps like IFTT you could easily exploit situations like putting up ice cream on hot days or putting Stella on offer if the old firm are playing. 

22 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The label changing all the time, more staff to do this job, more f**k ups waiting to happen.
More complaints. Waffles

Its electronic, computer programmed labelling. No errors. Unless someone hacks the system and make Buckie 20p

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Only time I really go to the supermarket is to grab some cold coffee milk drink things very early in the morning before the gym opens. They're about 80p. I'm curious to see if they'll lower the price to make me by a skip load of them or jack up the price massively as I'm the only fucker buying them?

You'd be fine if you bought a skip load. The c**t going in early the next day would get charged triple because you've skewed the sales info.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Iced coffee is phenomenal stuff although they have ridiculous amounts of sugar in them. I was addicted to this stuff when I first got here.

images (36).jpg

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you like coffee? You never said.

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Iced coffee is phenomenal stuff although they have ridiculous amounts of sugar in them. I was addicted to this stuff when I first got here.

images (36).jpg

I started on Red Bull as a youngster, mixing it with tequila and vodka (TVR) then moved on to things like the above.

Archived