'C'mon the Mo' 2017-18

Huge loss, but SP and team did incredibly well to get him back to LP again this season.

Terry and Matty have had good seasons in front of the defence, so would be a shame to see either sacrificed to fill that slot as has happened in the past.

Hope there's some more good loans available out there. Maybe from the now defunct Falkrik youth set up?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the news we wanted to hear, particularly on the back of Saturday's result. Really hope something good can come of the January transfer window. Since we don't have the resources of our free-spending challengers from up the coast. Can only hope SP's contacts can bring in high qualty loan players. Frankly not impressed nor pleased when a team simply spends its way to success, which is just another reason  why I hope Montrose  finish as champions.

Lewis Milne has signed.

I can't say I know much about him but according to wikipedia he scored 8 goals for Forfar last season.

Going by a few cowden fans could be onto a player here...fingers crossed.

Still need a striker in that's for sure not scoring enough am sure sp will fix that right.

Wondering how yesterday's game with Cowdenbeath went?
Avoided another defeat at least. Anything encouraging ahead of the away match at Annan?
We huffed and puffed without no real end product a draw was a fair reflection.
Superb ball in from Campbell for the goal brilliant delivery all day from yano to be fair.

6 hours ago, Brummo said:

Wondering how yesterday's game with Cowdenbeath went?

Avoided another defeat at least. Anything encouraging ahead of the away match at Annan?

You look pretty solid defensively , could do with a wee bit more invention in the final third (based purely on yesterday’s game)

Thanks for providing more info. re. game.

Hoping Lewis Milne can help us in the final third. This seems to have been a constant issue this season up till now.

From the highlights of the Saturday game, looked like we failed defensively by allowing too many free headers. In previous matches, we have got away with it but really shown up by more ruthless opposition.

Difficult to draw any firm conclusions from highlights but that is all I have to go on, other than what people post on P&B.

Rather tiresome the number of posts overstating the significance of last Saturday's game. jd-mo's post, pretty much immediately afterwards, is one interpretation that makes more sense to me.

A good team doesn't become a bad team overnight. Likewise, a good run of results doesn't turn a team into invincible world-beaters. (Unless it is managed by Pep Guardiola.)

Rather tiresome the number of posts overstating the significance of last Saturday's game. jd-mo's post, pretty much immediately afterwards, is one interpretation that makes more sense to me.
A good team doesn't become a bad team overnight. Likewise, a good run of results doesn't turn a team into invincible world-beaters. (Unless it is managed by Pep Guardiola.)
Are you on about Montrose posters here?

19 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Lewis Milne has signed.

I can't say I know much about him but according to wikipedia he scored 8 goals for Forfar last season.

I don't understand what is going on at Forfar. Having resigned a member of the promotion winning team they punt him after one game. S.P.  will know him well from his time at Forfar. I'm sure he will do well for you and pitch in with a few goals .

7 hours ago, mo83 said:
7 hours ago, Brummo said:

Are you on about Montrose posters here?

No. I should have stated my comments  relate to other team's fans posting on other threads, as well as the usual hack nonsense on the BBC Scottish League Two web pages. (Doesn't even come close to meriting the description journalism.)

Tell that to Alan Moore!

5 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

I don't understand what is going on at Forfar. Having resigned a member of the promotion winning team they punt him after one game. S.P.  will know him well from his time at Forfar. I'm sure he will do well for you and pitch in with a few goals .

Milne was barely at Station Park before Petrie left.  I'd be surprised if he even saw him train. 

Maybe punted him after 2 starts but Weir saw him often enough at training to decide he wasn't for Forfar.  Milne was very hot and cold for us last season and as the season progressed he featured less and less.  Possibly more to do with GB's defensive approach at trying not to lose the league.

Hope the laddie does a stint for you guys though.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:58, Judge said:

How long has Lewis Milne signed for???

He's not on loan, he's our player now so I expect he's signed until the end of the season. SP wanted him in the squad against Cowden so he was listed as a trialist for that game.

After a couple of home set-backs the Mo were back at the ranch yesterday with a very determined performance at Annan who themselves were on a 9 game unbeaten run.  You could see the determination in that Mo side firstly I suppose because we needed to get back on form and secondly because Annan are always a hard team to beat, a bit of a bogey side really. That said, it also should be said that there is still work to do as we should have been three up by half time with the sitters we missed although Flem saved us a couple of times as well. No disrespect to Sanny and Gary up front as both put in a good shift but both are in the twilight (at least) of their careers and SP must be planning for life afterwards.

It was a well won 3 points yesterday though so credit to the lads for that. The real gem of the day for me was the eye opening performance by Lewis Milne. He looks a class act and as he settles into the side I guess there's more to come. Flem in goal was back to his best but I made Sean Dillon MOTM as he was immense in organising the defence. A special word for Bolo as well. His first game back in a Mo shirt and played the full 90 minutes in true Bolo style - no messing, no fuss, get it away style. Great to see him back - but just one thing missing - can't recall him having a rant at the referee even just once in the whole game!

After a couple of home set-backs the Mo were back at the ranch yesterday with a very determined performance at Annan who themselves were on a 9 game unbeaten run.  You could see the determination in that Mo side firstly I suppose because we needed to get back on form and secondly because Annan are always a hard team to beat, a bit of a bogey side really. That said, it also should be said that there is still work to do as we should have been three up by half time with the sitters we missed although Flem saved us a couple of times as well. No disrespect to Sanny and Gary up front as both put in a good shift but both are in the twilight (at least) of their careers and SP must be planning for life afterwards.
It was a well won 3 points yesterday though so credit to the lads for that. The real gem of the day for me was the eye opening performance by Lewis Milne. He looks a class act and as he settles into the side I guess there's more to come. Flem in goal was back to his best but I made Sean Dillon MOTM as he was immense in organising the defence. A special word for Bolo as well. His first game back in a Mo shirt and played the full 90 minutes in true Bolo style - no messing, no fuss, get it away style. Great to see him back - but just one thing missing - can't recall him having a rant at the referee even just once in the whole game!
Brilliant to hear!!
Good to go down their and win against a very handy team in the league.Lewis Milne goal was meant to be a peach aswell hope he cracks on from here.Hopefully sp can get a striker or two in by the end of the window to put these games to bed when we are on top .Superb to see big bolo back in blue aswell,Was Terry Masson injured? Thought it was a weird one with him on the bench...Great 3 points roll on the capital.

Archived