Mid to late 20's existential crisis

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Do you still get heart burn? I get omeprozole for it and it puts it right out, this is mostly down to my boozy lifestyle.

DA - Why don't you figure out how much food you eat in a day and then lay it all out in a table in front of yourself first thing in the morning just so you can see how much you are eating and maybe that will give you the boot in the balls you need? I saw that happening in Supersize v Superskinny a few years back and the amount of food that the fat bitch would eat in a day was genuinely disgusting, it looked like it was a banquet for a dozen ordinary sized men. 

You're right of course. If the sage advice available here is not meeting your needs, then t.v. shockumentries are your next port of call.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Maybe you could do the same with your booze for the week. Your house would look like an Oddbins. 

That would clutter up my kitchen which is already rather small. I don't need to do that to stay off the drink anyway @Shandon Par recommended a book that you can read once and it eliminates the reliance on alcohol and fixes you right away. 

This is one to help you lose weight DA -https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easyweigh-Lose-Weight/dp/0718194721/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502702822&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=allen+carrr

Basically you read it and it wires into your subconscious and eliminates your desire to eat like a pig and all is cured. 

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

That would clutter up my kitchen which is already rather small. I don't need to do that to stay off the drink anyway @Shandon Par recommended a book that you can read once and it eliminates the reliance on alcohol and fixes you right away. 

This is one to help you lose weight DA -https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-Easyweigh-Lose-Weight/dp/0718194721/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502702822&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=allen+carrr

Basically you read it and it wires into your subconscious and eliminates your desire to eat like a pig and all is cured. 

Who can read a book when yer drunk?

Just now, SlipperyP said:

Who can read a book when yer drunk?

It actually says to read it when you're sober, which i did. I didn't drink Monday - Saturday last week but then finished work on Sat and decided to get pissed, i chose to get pissed though and don't think its something that is out of my control as my perspective has changed on the matter.

Just now, throbber said:

It actually says to read it when you're sober, which i did. I didn't drink Monday - Saturday last week but then finished work on Sat and decided to get pissed, i chose to get pissed though and don't think its something that is out of my control as my perspective has changed on the matter.

Not bad sober for 2 days. 

Throbber, I made a comment a few days ago about your girls pregnancy(i think I was drunk). However, I did see the declaration.

Is this true?

Just now, SlipperyP said:

Not bad sober for 2 days. 

Throbber, I made a comment a few days ago about your girls pregnancy(i think I was drunk). However, I did see the declaration.

Is this true?

I didn't see your comment, she is pregnant though aye. 

Do you still get heart burn? I get omeprozole for it and it puts it right out, this is mostly down to my boozy lifestyle.
DA - Why don't you figure out how much food you eat in a day and then lay it all out in a table in front of yourself first thing in the morning just so you can see how much you are eating and maybe that will give you the boot in the balls you need? I saw that happening in Supersize v Superskinny a few years back and the amount of food that the fat bitch would eat in a day was genuinely disgusting, it looked like it was a banquet for a dozen ordinary sized men. 

No I pretty much haven't had heartburn since.

Omeprozole won't deal with the root cause of your heartburn it will just stop it for a wee while. Didn't you say you were 13 stone a while back? For your height you need to be more around the 11 mark at most.

Just now, throbber said:

I didn't see your comment, she is pregnant though aye. 

All the best, 38 yo when I became a father, was shiting myself. From that minute he arrived. Changed my life, will change your life also. For me it was positive, I believe for you too.

Made me a man, now may son in 5 in September, I'm running around playing soldiers again. This time it like Apocalypse Now. I'm now a kid again.

No I pretty much haven't had heartburn since.

Omeprozole won't deal with the root cause of your heartburn it will just stop it for a wee while. Didn't you say you were 13 stone a while back? For your height you need to be more around the 11 mark at most.

Omeprozole still neutralises the acids in your stomach though and helps more than rennie or gaviscon but the cause of the problem is mostly booze. When I first started getting it I was eating white bread and bacon every morning and was bad on the energy drinks too and they all bring it on still.

I was over 13 stone to my disgust, started work in may and was down to about 12:6 where I have remained at since. I'd say anything below 12 would be ideal for me as I am quite a good build I just have a beer belly that Won't go away til I make the obvious sacrifice.

4 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

And if slippery ever needs euthanised there's someone there to step up and take ownership. 

I hope so!

If I'm still alive and the boy is old enough, he will be told the story.  He already asks about his Scottish Grandap (Paw).He has a photo up on the house next to our coat of arms. His choice.....

I think I drink more often since I've had a kid, but get drunk a lot less. First proper hangover with a bairn was an eye opener. Problem I have now is as soon as I've got her down at night I'm finding myself having a couple of beers. Gone from drinking two or three nights a week to drinking five or six nights a week. Also eating more shite, exercising less and put on a bit of weight.

Genuinely considering going to a gym, which is something I've never properly considered before. Never needed it before, used to just play football regularly but that's pretty much completely gone out the window so thinking I might see if I'm suited to the gym.

Archived