Aberdeen v Dundee

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet we were expected or at least get something from our first two games.

All three games have been the same. Played well, plenty chances , everyone seems to think we will be fine yet we have 0.
So I'm looking at my team now coming home from the game ( sigh, stuck in traffic) knowing we deserve to be bottom and deserve to be on nothing.
Our shooting is a disgrace right now

Played well but deserve to be on nothing. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched it 'as live' on Alba after avoiding the score. Thought Aberdeen played pretty poorly for most of that game, and had Dundee taken their chances that could have been a different game. The quality of (who the f**k is) Stevie May was the difference. A few players, including Christie, had off games today. But 3 points is 3 points.

Referee was dire again.

We made that difficult for ourselves today. Dundee the better team for most of the match.

Stevie May is such an important player for us. Him, Stewart & O'Connor were stand out performers - everyone else was sloppy.

Miss from Scott AllHun was embarrassing and would have completely changed the outcome I reckon. 

Was frustrated that DM wouldn't take Christie off today. He had one of the days where nothing he did went right. Then tried to compensate by trying to do everything himself and kept losing the ball.

Can I start moaning about McLean again. Fucking useless again. Pawlett got dogs abuse for only having one good half season, McLean is in the same bracket. Take the *** money. Don't see what he offers.

As for O'Connor. That must be at least 2 or 3 MOM performances from him so far. Outstanding yet again. Well done [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Edit to add. Well done Dundee. For all we were poor, thought you played really really well at times. [emoji122]

That was hard work.
May and O'Connor got pass-marks. Two cracking finishes from May - his link-up play and movement has also been very promising so far. If he can stay fit and continue to play like that, he will be a terrific signing. O'Connor continued his strong start to this season with an excellent second half - our best defender by a distance today. 
Pretty much everybody else had a difficult game. Christie and Mackay-Steven had stinkers, Shinnie was nowhere near his usual level of performance, McLean was poor (improved a bit when we went 2-1 up), Considine and Reynolds both suspect. Tansey did OK - fine delivery for the opener and perhaps a tad unlucky to be hooked instead of McLean. Stewart was the most impressive of the substitutes. 
We were fortunate Allan missed that sitter at 1-1.
Always nice to play poorly and win, though; sign of a good team and all that. 

Agree with pretty much everything here except on Tansey. He provides some great corners and free kicks, and that's definitely a huge positive, but apart from set plays I thought he looked pretty dire today and has done in every game I've watched him in a Dons shirt so far.

Just watched Alba.  Some good football by Dundee but not wise enough.

El Bak and Haber were down injured for some time.  In situations like that ALL the subs should be ready to go on at a moment's notice.  Neither sub were ready.  McCann should also have had the subs ready and on as it was obvious neither Haber or El Bak could continue.  To add to that when we were playing with 9 men Kamara had a chance to punt the ball out of the box when he received the ball 20 years out from his goal.  Instead he tries to head down to a team mate and give the ball away.  Get the ball out the park to allow the two subs on.  Basics!

Just home. Much better than I feared. Thought having Vincent in made a massive difference. He's really a pretty decent box to box midfielder and adds much more than say - O'Hara although admittedly he might well have scored if he had the chance early on. The defence was pretty decent again, I thought Cammy Kerr was excellent, young Waddell again impressed. Still don't think Allan is fulfilling his promise. Can't be arsed typing any more other than I was disappointed in Ryan Christie - the whole Aberdeen team looked a shadow of last season with one glaring exception - Stevie May - thought the boy looked complete class tbh.

He wasn't able to get the sub's on straight away as you have to request it before the phase of play unless it's a 'keeper. They were incapable of walking and struggling to stand up, they were making no difference.

Kamara had the chance to hoof it clear and inexperience played a part.

We were very good today apart from a few moments or bad decision making that were very harshly punished and were very unfortunate.

I disagree with that massively. A body on the park has to be marked. We just allowed wave after wave with not enough bodies to facilitate. And Kamara had ample opportunity to put the ball out the park. Why wasn't McCann screaming at the team to commit a foul? It was naive in the extreme. Why did McCann not have the subs ready when the players were getting treatment?

We played well in the second half, very well, the first half we were poor and I doubt we'll see Aberdeen as willing to be taken again like they were today for a good while.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I disagree with that massively. A body on the park has to be marked. We just allowed wave after wave with not enough bodies to facilitate. And Kamara had ample opportunity to put the ball out the park. Why wasn't McCann screaming at the team to commit a foul? It was naive in the extreme. Why did McCann not have the subs ready when the players were getting treatment?

He was screaming initially but they got around our penalty area very quickly so it was risky. The players were up and ready at the first instant that they could have possibly gone on the park, there was no possibility of getting them on before they did.

We had no possession and the two guys were pretty much fucked, there was no moment that they could have been marked and they wouldn't have kept up with any of the game to be remotely close to our own box. Seems easy to think they could have given a burst of pace but if they have a torn muscle or whatever, they are going to really struggle to stay on their feet for a wee while.

Worry not, we're still winning this tinpot league.

I am feeling positive but then I'm on a date with an Argentinian hottie who's 8 years younger than me.

Thank you.

We were lucky today. But what a fine player Stevie May is. Sublime finish for the winner.

Dundee impressed but what a sitter they missed to go in front.

9/9 and Sevco five points behind the Famous. Pleasing.

Didn't even notice the *** result. My first instinct was to look at Hibs as they worry me this season.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I also have to say - had we tour round Aberdeen city centre today. People go on about Dundee but Dundee is like Paris in comparison to Aberdeen. What a fucking shitehole it is.

Having been brought up in Aberdeen, I would say its more the Aberdonians that make the place dire.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann's said the ref wouldn't let him put the sub on. Claims the sub was ready to come on. 

Archived