Aberdeen v Dundee

You mean the incident when Nicky Maynard went studs in on him? And your scummy crowd proceeded to throw something on the pitch at him as he was lying injured? Surely that's not the incident you're talking about?

Coin chucking from the family stand!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coin chucking from the family stand!

Think it was a lighter, nice.

Nobody else has said but Moussa and Wolters were sitting next to us in the main stand. A couple of nice lads, lots of selfies etc. Wolters looks much younger up close.

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Worry not, we're still winning this tinpot league.

I am feeling positive but then I'm on a date with an Argentinian hottie who's 8 years younger than me.

Thank you.

You know the rules....

Bet she looks like Caniggia... and you still wid.

There seems to be a lot of slagging the city of Aberdeen, and very little slagging the Dons midfield and defence. Had we played a team with any ability today we'd have been spacedocked.

We need a proper left back. Granted, Christie sold the jerseys, but a proper left back would have tidied up the mess. Lewis should have done better also.

Superb from May though. Tied up the front of house quite nicely. Stewart looked tidy also, when he came on.

King Street in particular is fucking awful. The city is dirty, filthy, there's weeds growing in the pavements. If I was an Aberdonian (sp?) I'd be furious at the city fathers. As I said earlier remove the scales from your eyes, the place is a disgrace.

You can't walk anywhere in Dundee without tripping over a junkie it's a disgrace,Dundee has been named as the drug capital,read the story in the paper a few weeks back about the woman with her wee girl having to step over the passed out druggie with needle lying next to them,in gellatly street carpark,That's the city centre,head up the hill town or stobie and oh my god it's fecking disgusting

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I also have to say - had we tour round Aberdeen city centre today. People go on about Dundee but Dundee is like Paris in comparison to Aberdeen. What a fucking shitehole it is.

Aye, grim. Avoid at all costs. Although in fairness king street and union street are the worst and there's no real reason to venture there any more.

11 hours ago, Girth said:

Worry not, we're still winning this tinpot league.

I am feeling positive but then I'm on a date with an Argentinian hottie who's 8 years younger than me.

Thank you.

Nicely done sir, glad to see someones weekends still looking positive!

Thank you.

9 hours ago, tree house tam said:

You know the rules....

Bet she looks like Caniggia... and you still wid.

She's classy mate. Seeing her again Weds.

Is it possible to convince a classy lady from Buenos Aires to become a Dee? :wub:

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

She's classy mate. Seeing her again Weds.

Is it possible to convince a classy lady from Buenos Aires to become a Dee? :wub:

Nicely done mate, I'd maybe just choose her first game carefully & you should be good (I can't imagine she'd enjoy a cold, wet and windy night in Dingwall for example...)

Delighted to win yesterday as we were absolutely atrocious. Make no mistake, we were honking, stunk the place out. As mentioned by previous posters, the defence and midfield were the main.

Starting at the back, Reynolds was, again this season, an absolute bombscare back there. Positionally dire, the short back pass that let Vincent in saw both he and O'Connor on the right touchline! It summed up his afternoon, where he struggled against Haber and in the end, was lucky not to be hooked. Arnason really needs to come into the team to settle things down, yesterday was a perfect chance against a bottom six team from last season. Considine is limited, but the goal came down that side. It is clear to see the defensive work that McGinn and Hayes put in, as Considine was exposed too often. Perhaps young Daniel Harvie will get a chance to stake a claim soon to offer more pace there.

However, our biggest issue is the midfield. To use Ryan Christie out wide is absolutely criminal and a total waste. He doesn't enjoy it out there, he always looks better in the middle with options either side, running at the centre halves. He was absolutely rotten yesterday, as he tends to be when played wide. The only time he looked improved was when he came inside with 7 minutes left, where, when played in his correct position, he started to look dangerous.

With the above in mind, we need to play two from three out of Tansey, McLean and Shinnie behind Christie. We can't keep playing all three and Christie. It reminds me of the Flood, Jack and Robson situation of a few seasons ago. All three are good players, but played together, it slows our play too much and is detrimental overall, reducing the effectiveness of Christie also. So, for me, it's going to require a big decision by McInnes as to who he plays in there. I felt sorry for Tansey being hooked, as he was one of the few to come out of yesterday with credit. McLean was lucky to still be on the park, as was Shinnie, both were very poor.

On the positive side, we played awfully and won the game. Two good goals by May, the first a good back header from a good ball in by Tansey, the second a rasping left foot strike. May looks a natural fit for this team and if he stays fit, he will be huge for us. Des once again was fantastic at centre half, he's had a superb start to the season. Tansey deserves some credit, he was tidy in possession and Greg Stewart looked sharp when he came on.

Very lucky to get three points yesterday but we will take it. Turned into a good day with the results from Ibrox and Easter Road.

16 hours ago, DrewDon said:

That was hard work.

May and O'Connor got pass-marks. Two cracking finishes from May - his link-up play and movement has also been very promising so far. If he can stay fit and continue to play like that, he will be a terrific signing. O'Connor continued his strong start to this season with an excellent second half - our best defender by a distance today. 

Pretty much everybody else had a difficult game. Christie and Mackay-Steven had stinkers, Shinnie was nowhere near his usual level of performance, McLean was poor (improved a bit when we went 2-1 up), Considine and Reynolds both suspect. Tansey did OK - fine delivery for the opener and perhaps a tad unlucky to be hooked instead of McLean. Stewart was the most impressive of the substitutes. 

We were fortunate Allan missed that sitter at 1-1.

Always nice to play poorly and win, though; sign of a good team and all that. 

Spot on summary imo

You can't walk anywhere in Dundee without tripping over a junkie it's a disgrace,Dundee has been named as the drug capital,read the story in the paper a few weeks back about the woman with her wee girl having to step over the passed out druggie with needle lying next to them,in gellatly street carpark,That's the city centre,head up the hill town or stobie and oh my god it's fecking disgusting

Clearly the education system needs investment too.

I'm not just having a pop, genuinely I think the council are letting the tax paying inhabitants down. When you think how much money they've raked in Aberdeen should look like Dubai or Baku.

The reason I was touring round was because one of my daughters is going to Uni up there next month. I was feeling sorry for her. Although to be fair contemporaries of my kids who have studied in Aberdeen have in the main, loved the place.

I'd also like to say that Aberdeen are cheeky b*****ds charging £26 for restricted view. Unable to see half the pitch, which isn't helped by the Aberdeen support being allowed to stand and further block the view.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd also like to say that Aberdeen are cheeky b*****ds charging £26 for restricted view. Unable to see half the pitch, which isn't helped by the Aberdeen support being allowed to stand and further block the view.

Got to build the new stadium somehow.

Spoiler

that is a pretty ridiculous price tbh

Clearly the education system needs investment too.

I'm not just having a pop, genuinely I think the council are letting the tax paying inhabitants down. When you think how much money they've raked in Aberdeen should look like Dubai or Baku.

The reason I was touring round was because one of my daughters is going to Uni up there next month. I was feeling sorry for her. Although to be fair contemporaries of my kids who have studied in Aberdeen have in the main, loved the place.

Oil and gas isn't devolved and I don't see how the council can make aberdeen look like Dubai. They're horrendous and have been for decades but they can't work miracles.

One reason I'm glad of the Scottish government is that they are actually trying to improve parts of the country and they don't have the oil revenues to do it.

Anyway, 3 points is all that matters but I have to agree with the poster above. Putting Christie out wide to accommodate McLean who has been poor really is criminal.

Reynolds needs dropped and I'd bring in harvie or move shinnie to left back.

Lewis

Logan o connor arnason shinnie

Tansey McLean

Stewart Christie Wright

May

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Normally away supporters stand :PNever seen a Dundee support all sitting down like yesterday.

Pretty woeful performance from the Dandies.

That's without taking anything away from Dundee who deserved a draw minimum.

Thank f**k for Stevie May. 2 absolutely beautiful finishes.

Especially that rasper for the second een. :wub:

Archived