The astonishingly bad song thread

tongue_tied_danny

A few that I can't stand:

Mother's Little Helper by The Rolling Stones - it's that chorused guitar phrase, mainly - abysmal. 

Marrakesh Express - mainly for the same reason.

Ha Ha Said the Clown - was that Manfred Mann? It's the out of tune flute/mellotron that sets me off.

Also, and I expect some stick for this - Paint it Black - iconic to many, but painful to me.

Soz.

3 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Jeez, I feel bad for them. That guy has watched way too many Christian Slater films.

I wish he'd end up like B.D Wong's character in Mr Robot 

PARODY

IN THE GAME

NOT REALLY

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

This band are number 1 in the album charts this week and they are from Whitburn! Finally, I don't need to be so embarrassed about The View anymore.

There are posters all over Dundee advertising their new album. The name "Snuts"  suggests that they would be pish. The video confirms it.

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

From the days before Matt Branco were being called out as a bunch of wankers on children's tv..

Oh yeah. Blue Rondo A La Turk. Goes without fucking saying that one. But what a great time to be alive when you could phone up the BBC to swear live on telly at some shit pop stars. The Matt Bianco incident was good but Eliot Fletcher is still very much a hero to me and many others, I'm sure.

17 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

This band are number 1 in the album charts this week and they are from Whitburn! Finally, I don't need to be so embarrassed about The View anymore.

The Snuts, the Dunts, Saint Phnix, Rascalton... Scottish indie music is in a very dark place right now.   I caught them all at a BBC Introducing... showcase a couple of years back, and it was painful.   Luckily, there was free food and booze.  But even that didn’t make up for the music.  

On 11/04/2021 at 09:17, Savage Henry said:

The Snuts, the Dunts, Saint Phnix, Rascalton... Scottish indie music is in a very dark place right now.   I caught them all at a BBC Introducing... showcase a couple of years back, and it was painful.   Luckily, there was free food and booze.  But even that didn’t make up for the music.  

I'm not entirely certain they aren't the same band.

Just now, tongue_tied_danny said:

Paul Young is one of the biggest shitcunts ever to grace the UK singles chart. His solo career is a crime against humanity for which he should be tried at The Hague. His previous bands are also fucking dreadful...

Plus he thinks he can just throw his hat on the ground and live there. Delusional c**t.