Dundee Vs Hibernian

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why this was my main take from the game, but god the ball boys were fucking awful at their job. :lol:

Not going to go all Raymond Domenech and suggest they were trying to waste time, but half of them just couldn't throw or catch the ball.

Looks like the signings McCann has made are either going to be really, really good - Deacon, Hendry, Kamara, Allan, Meetings (potentially) or really, really average/rubbish - Wolters, Moussa (potentially). Still, out of the list there he has more good than bad.
From what I have seen of Dundee this season it was probably the poorest they have been but ironically it ended up with a valuable point. As much as I would like Dundee to lose every single game between now and the end of the season it does look like that over a whole campaign they will do well enough to be well clear of any real danger.

Your far too sensible to be a DAB.
There must be Dees in the bloodline stum

Your far too sensible to be a DAB.
There must be Dees in the bloodline stum

Haha, no Dees in the family tree, I've got Ross County, Stranraer, Wolves and Dumbarton (how's that for a clusterfuck of clubs?)

Boy with his arm round Lennon looks like the guy going off his nut at the front of the South stand. Few times I thought he was going to go over the railing, especially when Simon Murray was near

6 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

What happened with Stokes and Bain?

Looked like Bain took a sore one from behind (fnar, fnar).Felt that Stokes was lucky to stay on the park at the time. Anyone see any replays of this?  

5 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

IMG_0277.PNG

A game of Bartley's Bois v Bain's Bois, aka Finders - Keepers (loser's WeeperDee).

PopK6sa.png

Bartley figuratively and literally ripped the arse out of Dundee's players. He was sorely missed against Hamilton; he should be playing whenever Whittaker plays. Marvellous Marvin looks like a real pain in the backside to play against...

McGinn, on the other hand, used his bountiful backside to batter a way past his markers before running straight into an opposition player. We need to adapt to a different game when his direct balls are failing; we can't rely on playing everything through McGinn: his passing fluctuates incessantly between ridiculously good and just plain ridiculous. McGeouch is the tonic for when McGinn's passing is chronic. After eighty minutes of poor possession from both sides, McGeouch was finally brought on - as a centre-forward...

If we are going to lump balls up top in the last ten minutes, then we should be looking to to our Leithuanian lothario: the deličious Matulevičius.

Slivka looks like a player that would be better utilised in a central position; I would rather accommodate Slivka than Barker, if Whittaker is playing. There is no point in having Whittaker play (and stay) behind a winger as he only offers something going forward. Gray was rightly brought in on the right-side, but Stevenson was wrongly left out of the side for a player that chaperones wingers into our box - every game. Deacon diving to the surface for the penalty is irrelevant: Whittaker was always going to make contact or impede Deacon. Braindead Boyd suggested that Whittaker was played instead of Stevenson because of his experience; Stevenson is a far more experienced defender when it comes to the basics of not being a complete disaster when defending.

Our passing was as flabby as the Sky Sports pundits - this flabbiness proved to be contagious as the chubby baller didn't dictate Dundee's play like we anticipated. Neither side deserved anything out of that game although we may have deserved a penalty from Allan's handball. With the way the game was going, Bain would have probably saved it anyway; it took a fortuitous deflection from Stokesy's flick to beat Bain.

tl;dr
Bartley was their bane and Bain was ours.

Thought we went back to looking fairly soft in the middle of the park today, half hearted tackles and lack of desire. Know the defence is very young but again look like a mistake is never far away, Kerr and Holt often caught out of position and look so uncomfortable on the ball going forward, Bambi on ice comes to mind but neither can be faulted for effort but at this level more than just effort is needed. Kamara looks comfortable but again slows it down far too much for me and any momentum is often lost. Beginning to wonder if El Bak is a one trick pony, can't seem to hold the ball up or bring others into play and tries the same all the time, unless he's head down and running at goal he's pretty ineffective. Do wonder if some are up to this level and know we've injuries but after four games really hoping as a team we can improve but realistically third bottom is going to be a successful season

Archived