East Fife V's Raith Rovers

Derbies against East Fife were always seen as bigger than those against Cowdenbeath, who have always been seen as a smaller club and were usually lower in league status. To say this isnt a big game is no more than a calculated snub to East Fife fans.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derbies against East Fife were always seen as bigger than those against Cowdenbeath, who have always been seen as a smaller club and were usually lower in league status. To say this isnt a big game is no more than a calculated snub to East Fife fans.

I'm struggling to see how this is a big game to be honest. We've played East Fife 12 times in 29 years. I'd say it's less important than Alloa away.

My first Rovers derby game was circa 1964 or 65 against East Fife Rovers were beaten I think 3-0 at Starks Park.  I have no idea who were the scorers that time but this was when I started to follow the Rovers.  I also saw them play Morton and Alan McGraw was playing for them again I think we lost 3-0.

What I was trying to say was that for me our derby is against East Fife but the other two Fife teams come close.  It depends on when you started watching ypur team.

If Raith want to challenge Ayr United to the league title and go #roaringback then I suppose every game is massive for your lot! Let's just hope we see a good game with plenty goals! 3 points for us would be unexpected but much welcomed but as I said earlier we're not expected to win and Raith will start strong favs imo. Mon the Fife

40 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

What I was trying to say was that for me our derby is against East Fife but the other two Fife teams come close.  It depends on when you started watching ypur team.

It certainly was for me also but times change due to league status etc and find little excitement for the game tomorrow.

56 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm struggling to see how this is a big game to be honest. We've played East Fife 12 times in 29 years. I'd say it's less important than Alloa away.

Its maybe not a "big" game in the overall scheme of things but every derby has an added interest due to local rivalry and in that sense its a big game. The games against Alloa will be of more immediate importance only because they're one of our main challengers but its not a derby and has no local significance.

If we ever happened to get someone like Burntisland Shipyard or Kelty Hearts in the Scottish Cup that would be a big game, purely because of local interest. It happens regularly in the English Cup. The stature of the smaller club is irrelevant. 

East Fife need to step up to the plate for a few years, so they can become the recognised Derby game again.

I hope they do, the club has an illustrious history. Just a shame that things turned sour. They really need the Levenmouth area behind them.

On 25/08/2017 at 07:25, Another The Other Chairman said:

An excellent programme for sale on Saturday.All the regular features,facts and foties PLUS special feature articles on...

Davie Duncan, Scottish international who played with EF and RR.

Thirty Years (almost) Of Hurt. This one will please RR fans.

A commemoration of the Michael Pit disaster and how football played it's part in the recovery.

George Dewar. An East Fife legend and guest of honour at Saturday's game.

East Fife's official team photo for 2017/18

A special retro cover looking back at the first programme header from 1948 (and a Scottish cup win anniversary which Rover's fans can Google to find out what that is)

All this in a 40 Page programme for £2. Shahoorsir !!!

Just a reminder that this week's programme is well worth the £2 

Just hearing of horrendous traffic tailbacks at Scoonie Roundabout to traffic lights at Windygates Road.Fans from Kirkcaldy and West , if travelling on Standing Stane come off at Buckhaven. Any fans from the East Neuk either give yourselves plenty of time or try to get on to Montrave to Leven Road.

Just hearing of horrendous traffic tailbacks at Scoonie Roundabout to traffic lights at Windygates Road.Fans from Kirkcaldy and West , if travelling on Standing Stane come off at Buckhaven. Any fans from the East Neuk either give yourselves plenty of time or try to get on to Montrave to Leven Road.

All because of the shitty light system on the Cupar Road just outside Leven!!!

If your coming from Lino-ville, come through The Wemyss would be your best bet!!!

And if you're coming from Cupar, head through Kennoway and try to avoid Leven or try and come through Largo/Lundin Links, traffic moving ok Southbound!!!

What circuitous route are you having to take Stevo???
Through Cults and Kennoway or perhaps personal hovercraft from Lower Largo, private helicopter from Springfield or hang glider from Burnturk???

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

What circuitous route are you having to take Stevo???
Through Cults and Kennoway or perhaps personal hovercraft from Lower Largo, private helicopter from Springfield or hang glider from Burnturk???

Picking my old man up KK so will be heading down the standing stane road from lino ville and up by Buckhaven.

Leaving shortly tbh as want to be in early to top up my sun tan!

Archived