Dumbarton vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not convinced that was a foul, but surely once he gives it then it's a red card? Looked like a goalscoring opportunity from here.

It's only if he makes no attempt for the ball that it's a red. E.g. grabbing his shirt, just punting him up into the air etc.

Given he went for the ball, and given McManus appeared to stumble himself it was probably the correct decision.

I'm not sure that's the worst 45 minutes under Stevie Aitken...but it is up there.

We're a shambles at the back, but I don't totally blame the defence. They have little protection and have no options at all when they get possession.

Hutton and Carswell together should never happen. Carswell is a vastly superior player, and should start with someone mildly attacking.

Hutton looks like the player St Mirren fans told us we were getting. Waste of a shirt.

Walsh looks a shadow of the player we had in pre-season, Roy is seriously naive defensively and bringing Div on for Handling reeks of negativity. Get Johnston or SeaGal on before him.

Up top the Prince is getting no support and is brutally isolated.

Barry Cook is also remarkably bad. He's rivaled us for horrendousness.

37 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Lol at us trying to defend. Hutton taking a solid month to turn. Mango and Gallacher clearly being unable to communicate. Goal.

Mango shouted for Gall, he stood watching.

26 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm not convinced that was a foul, but surely once he gives it then it's a red card? Looked like a goalscoring opportunity from here.

Once he's given the foul it's a red for me.

24 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's only if he makes no attempt for the ball that it's a red. E.g. grabbing his shirt, just punting him up into the air etc.

Given he went for the ball, and given McManus appeared to stumble himself it was probably the correct decision.

He wasn't playing the ball at all for me.

We're badly exposed today.

First couple of minutes we looked up for this. Great ball down the wing for Roy to run onto and a good pass to Walsh out wide.

The opening goal. Keeper is a liability. Should still have been able to clear it at 2 attempts even if we put it out.

2nd Pars goal was a really nice counter.

We're not coping with the movement of Dunfermline at all. Everything is done at pace. Everybody is looking to run into space.

We're not closing them down. We're sitting back and inviting them to attack us. We can't win the ball or get any kind of positive possession.

Dowie should maybe have walked. Goal scoring chance as he's stopping the guy going clear through on goal. Clumsy attempt to muscle in and win the ball. If he doesn't get any of the ball and doesn't bring down the attacker then he's 1 on 1.

Handling injury is a blow. Other than the movement of Ally Roy we have nothing. Nade is being played out the game today. Walsh is doing nothing. Carswell had 2 chances of bringing the ball under control on the edge of the box and couldn't. Hutton is doing nothing.

It's sore to watch today. Pars look like they could take as many as they want if they really fancied hurting us.

Archived