Ayr United vs Arbroath

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Made up for Arbroath winning their cup final today, totally deserved.

Will keep an eye out in the national press for pictures from the open top bus parade.

Oh dear, it's one defeat, now please go and undo that petted lip and grow the f**k up, that is all 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, keptie said:

Cup final !!!!  This was just another run of the mill away win for the super Lichties :)

4 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

17 away league games without defeat. Keep up.

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

Oh dear, it's one defeat, now please go and undo that petted lip and grow the f**k up, that is all 

3 in a row, no bad ser.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is it just me or did we no deserve that?

Could've been 4-2 us

Ayr too big for their boots

You'd be better reading the post match posts then you wouldn't need to ask the question.

Nothing better than expecting a hiding and winning.

Sook it up biys. Let us have all have fun x

did anyone witness the fat (FAT) seething mess after the game after the game when the young Arbroath biys were nosing him up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Oh I do love playing away.

I take no pleasure in my assessment of Forrest, I like his auld man and I'm not one to criticise academy players on here or at the games but I just don't share successive managers enthusiasm about his prospects, hopefully another 6 months pumping iron will allow him to prove me wrong.

I'd have much rather seen McGuffie get a start. Forrest done nada, he very nearly gave a goal away with an appalling pass just before we took the lead.

Docherty was really poor again. I don't think he was injured so it's a statement by McCall hooking his captain but was deserved on his showing. McCall needs to figure out where Crawford and Geggan are going to play.

Hart had two good saves but almost let the corner kick in, was standing right in line and he was lucky. The whole defence looks so suspect at crosses and set-pieces.

Hopefully it's a wake up call but to me it looked a lot worse than a bad day at the office. Results have flattered us to now in my opinion.

Credit to Arbroath. Absolutely cruised it. The two central defenders were immense when you see what our attack has done to just about every other team we've played this season.

have to say it was a complete team performance from arbroath today. from back to front we out fought and outplayed ayr today.what a difference from last week today we had players playing in there correct position gold at right back and my mom whatley in centre mid.swanks should of scored first half doris very good again great set up for the winner. and what a plate of humble pie the ayr fans have to swallow

What does Ferguson have to do to get a game ahead of Reid. He's dug meat at right back. Severely need another striker, crying out for a plan B. Gilmour is hoaching as well.

Agree whole heartedly on Forrest, surprised if he's here next year.

1 minute ago, Big lichtie said:

have to say it was a complete team performance from arbroath today. from back to front we out fought and outplayed ayr today.what a difference from last week today we had players playing in there correct position gold at right back and my mom whatley in centre mid.swanks should of scored first half doris very good again great set up for the winner. and what a plate of humble pie the ayr fans have to swallow

Aye, about 4 of them, IMO we've been winning and scoring freely without actually turning up much in the league, perhaps this result will force McCall and Lachlan to sign the 2 or 3 players that we need.

I'd have much rather seen McGuffie get a start. Forrest done nada, he very nearly gave a goal away with an appalling pass just before we took the lead.

Docherty was really poor again. I don't think he was injured so it's a statement by McCall hooking his captain but was deserved on his showing. McCall needs to figure out where Crawford and Geggan are going to play.

Hart had two good saves but almost let the corner kick in, was standing right in line and he was lucky. The whole defence looks so suspect at crosses and set-pieces.

Hopefully it's a wake up call but to me it looked a lot worse than a bad day at the office. Results have flattered us to now in my opinion.

Credit to Arbroath. Absolutely cruised it. The two central defenders were immense when you see what our attack has done to just about every other team we've played this season.

It wasn't even that Forrest did nothing, no effort, no guts, soft as shit - just a thoroughly pathetic showing from him.

Would probably play Crawford on the left for a spell now - only problem is that means Geggan in midfield and Reid in from the start, who doesn't look too clever at the moment.

Docherty looks a shadow of the player we first signed at the moment.

I agree with the criticism on Forrest to a certain degree but he wasn't the only player who had a bad game today. I'm reserving judgement on him until he's had a few games on the bounce. We've all seen glimpses of what he's capable of so there's definitely a player in there somewhere.

One player I wouldn't have near my team is Reid. You can't play with two fullbacks in Reid and Boyle who rarely get beyond the winger in front of them. Geggan gets forward a lot and can put in a decent cross.

I'd have Ferguson and Boyle as the full backs against Raith and Docherty and Geggan in the midfield.

Hopefully we can fire a few goals past Montrose to give the players a boost.

Aye, about 4 of them, IMO we've been winning and scoring freely without actually turning up much in the league, perhaps this result will force McCall and Lachlan to sign the 2 or 3 players that we need.

No chance we'll sign 2 or 3 players

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Forrest has been a "promising young player" for about five years now.

I'm not going to pile in, at the moment he should be a bench player, give him another 6 to 9 months on the weights(8 to 10 hours a week) and see where he is.

Nothing better than expecting a hiding and winning.

Sook it up biys. Let us have all have fun x

did anyone witness the fat (FAT) seething mess after the game after the game when the young Arbroath biys were nosing him up [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Oh I do love playing away.

Oooooosh

Archived