Ayr United vs Arbroath

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Enjoy your day boys. You fully deserved your win but doubt you'll threaten the top two come May.

Ah the bitter taste of sour grapes, we are quite clear of our limitations and where we might finish and what our hopes are, and yes we are enjoying this victory, but thanks for your comments

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played Arbroath. An absolute number done on us; was quite impressed by their organisation and pressing. It's a blip earlier than I'd expected but how we come back from this is the important thing now. Needs to have been a serious wake up call.

Hopefully that defeat puts an end to the 'We're better than you' Greenock-esque pish-patter that some folk have been trotting out recently. Well done Arbroath by the way, great performance to take advantage of our woeful off-day. 

Quite glad we've got the Montrose game tomorrow to quickly get Saturday out of our system. 

We had a clear game plan and stuck to it really well, which puts to bed all the nonsense that was spoken last week about us not looking at opposition and being prepared, as the game went on Ayr seemed to run out of ideas, looks like Raith will take a bit of beating based on their early form and results, apart from that I don't really think there is anything to worry about. 

We had a clear game plan and stuck to it really well, which puts to bed all the nonsense that was spoken last week about us not looking at opposition and being prepared, as the game went on Ayr seemed to run out of ideas, looks like Raith will take a bit of beating based on their early form and results, apart from that I don't really think there is anything to worry about. 

It's almost as if the 'we don't care about what the opposition do only what we do' stuff or whatever it was was after all just cliched shite that 99 percent of managers have said at some point

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Are you saying that Dick and Swanks were lying in their post match interviews last week? :o:o:o 

Prior to the East Fife game, we were not prepared for how good they were and were surprised by them. That's not me saying that, that's our own manager. We also don't scout the opposition usually. Again, it's not me saying this, it's me quoting Ian Campbell on it last year. It's not my opinion you're disagreeing with, it's facts stated by the management team.

Are we in a position where even the stuff Dick/ Pink say that people disagree with they'd rather believe he was lying rather than accept he said/ did something we don't like?! :blink: 

As an aside from the above, I must say we were absolutely outstanding on Saturday. Every single player performed well and we deserved the result we got. I can't actually remember a more complete performance by us from front to back in a long time - ToB and Ricky Little were absolutely superb. Full credit to everyone involved :)

34 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Are you saying that Dick and Swanks were lying in their post match interviews last week? :o:o:o 

Prior to the East Fife game, we were not prepared for how good they were and were surprised by them. That's not me saying that, that's our own manager. We also don't scout the opposition usually. Again, it's not me saying this, it's me quoting Ian Campbell on it last year. It's not my opinion you're disagreeing with, it's facts stated by the management team.

Are we in a position where even the stuff Dick/ Pink say that people disagree with they'd rather believe he was lying rather than accept he said/ did something we don't like?! :blink: 

As an aside from the above, I must say we were absolutely outstanding on Saturday. Every single player performed well and we deserved the result we got. I can't actually remember a more complete performance by us from front to back in a long time - ToB and Ricky Little were absolutely superb. Full credit to everyone involved :)

I was actually at the chat with IC and if you had listened carefully you would've heard him say that we tend not to "worry" about the opposition and concentrate on ourselves however he did qualify that by saying that they had "people" out watching games over the whole country. I was also slightly surprised by how well East Fife played, that is entirely different to not being prepared, to put it another way, I'm sure Arsene Wenger was surprised at how well Liverpool played yesterday, doesn't necessary mean to say they weren't prepared properly.

10 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Hopefully that defeat puts an end to the 'We're better than you' Greenock-esque pish-patter that some folk have been trotting out recently.

Largely because unlike The Famous Greenock Morton, you're not actually better than a bunch of plumbers and fishermen. Hard lines. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

12 hours ago, virginton said:
Largely because unlike The Famous Greenock Morton, you're not actually better than a bunch of plumbers and fishermen. Hard lines. 
1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

Well, after the Livi massive horsed your rabble on your own patch for the second time this season (lawl), I certainly hope that 'at least we're better than plumbers and fishermen' was enough to get you through another pointless Saturday chief.

Lovely to see you still trawling through our threads by the way.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

I believe you will find virginton is obsessed.

He loves a good w**k thinking about Angus in Ayr.

That's a bit rough.

Archived