Sky Bet Horses Offer

Sorry in advance for the long post. 

Its been exactly a year and a half since my first go at the sky bet offer.  Its been a good experience highlighting my bets and getting the views of everyone who posts on here. It started with a bang and a solid first 6 months. It then had some ups and downs for a few months before tailing off and absolutely destroying me for a few months. Over the last 2/3 months I have posted my pick with no write up as a result. Had some stick and even a few messages about some losers but i have had a lot of thanks from people especially with the 20/1 and a 22/1 shot. As with anything though there’s no guarantees and its all my own homework and effort that goes into it these were never “tips”. It did weigh me down but that left me two choices. Walk away or do what i enjoy (talking pish). So with that said i wanted to take a look back and see how the 18 months have went as I couldn’t remember the last time i looked and it gave me a chance to see how good/bad I’ve been doing overall. 

Its took a lot of reading back through this thread and even more time searching through Sky Bet but since this started I have bet on 96 races (£960) that involved the sky bet offer. As it stands i have won 33 races so i have a strike rate of around 30%. In total my returns from these races are £2360.66. That is a profit of £1400.66 which is a cracking profit but looking back i was at the grand profit mark after just 10 months. That means in the last 8 months I have a tidy enough profit of £400 but its way down on how well i started. The good thing about this offer is the average price of my winners have been over 7/1 so just the 1 winner every few weeks still leaves me profit (not a huge profit but it helps). They statistics make for pleasant reading overall and its defo urged me to keep it going. 

A huge mention to Welshbairn who has always been very encouraging when taking my bets during the good and the bad and a big big thanks to Jagfox who is always up for a chat and quite happy to share his views. He has been on fantastic runs and i always look at his selections closely. Cheers to everyone for contributing and hopefully we continue to do the business for a long time to come.

So with the sentimental patter out the way lets have a look at tomorrows race. Sky Bet not being very generous in the race they have given us but will see what we can do. 

Its hard to get away from the two at the top of the market. Two classy horses both with remarkable pedigrees. Top Notch has multiple Grade 2s and a Grade 1 under its belt and Charbel looked very good indeed when taking a Grade two last month. If I was being asked to simply pick who i think the winner will be I would say Top Notch but both these horses at 13/8 offer no value to me. Hammersly Lake appears to be against two class acts and was well behind Charbel in the Grade 2 last month however the 20/1outsider loves good ground and had previously beaten Charbel on worse terms believe it or not (back in September) making a very tasty looking outsider if on form. Bryony Frost (a P&B favourite especially on Frodon) is on board Black Corton who comes into this race with some questions hanging over it. A fantastic stayer no doubt but the horse is usually seen around the 3m mark so this drop in trip appears not ideal. It finished 2nd in a Grade 2 when 5/4 and then pulled up in a Grade 3 last month. At around 5/1 i personally don’t think its value but a fair few will. The other outsider at 10/1 is Speredek who comes into this with little form. There is every possibility this front runner could get an easy lead in such a small field though making it very tough to peg back in a first time hood. 

Outsider for me today and good luck to all.

Great posts mate. I’m split between Black Corton and your selection. I’m going for the outsider myself, as you highlighted there are enough doubts about Nicholls’ entry to make me go for the value bet. Good luck fellas! 

I’m not repeating the selection’s name so I don’t jinx it :lol:

Ladbrokes are doing their money back on all losers offer on the 2.40 at Kempton. I’m on Solomon Grey from the Skelton stable. You also get a boost on your pick, so I got 19/2 which is good value if my horse was using its last run solely as a pipe opener :lol:

I've followed Black Corton closely since Boxing Day last year - been hopeless lately and though I reckon the drop in trip will suit I'm not convinced there's enough class to win this one. Like Jagfox, I'll either waste even more money on this donkey or take the 22/1 Diamond shout (cause where's the fun in backing the short odds)

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

As I said the stats  make for interesting reading with the last two races between Charbel and the outsider considering one is 13/8 and one is what 22/1. 

Last time out in December over 2m3f on good to soft Charbel cantered it when they both went off with 11stone on their back. 

In September however up in Perth over 2m4f on good ground Charbel was well beaten carrying 11stone7pounds with my selection winning carrying 11stone12pounds. Im hoping for a repeat today over 2m4f on good ground with Charbel carrying 6 pounds more than the selection. Could easily just have been an off day and now Top Notch is in the equation too but fingers crossed

627AE1EF-2D49-4B3E-BD98-ABDB78F8F804.png

Been doing match betting for a while but can't be arsed keeping up with all the reloads for it anymore for diminishing returns so getting on this. Belter of a thread lads.

Started with a win, happy with that.Screenshot_2019-01-12-18-49-47.thumb.png.ff92f91ff34e889b043f5da115c4270d.png

1 50 mare's hurdle at Ascot sees a second place money back offer. 

A few appeal but Jessica Harrington's Magic of Light looks like she might edge things. Currently at odds of 5/2 with a couple of rivals at around 3/1. This is Harrington's only horse that has been sent over the Irish Sea this season and won last team out.

Not great value but I feel she isn't over for a look around.

So today its some grade 2 action with a mares hurdle just shy of 3mile. We start with the outsider Shimmers Rock who looked a mile off the pace in her last run in a grade 3 I just don’t fancy her making an impact at a higher grade. Jester Jet has finished second on her last 4 outings and if it wasn’t for the fact I’m betting against her I’d love to see her get her nose in front. I think minor honours await again. Magic of Light comes from the yard of Mrs Harrington with the ever present Robbie Power on board. When Jessica sends them over its not just to make up the numbers.  A definite prospect but despite being the shortest price as i write this she would not be my choice for favourite. That honour would go to Culture De Sivola. 2 wins to end last year, a good 3rd before winning her last race at Kempton. A lot to like about this horse and the best horse for me in the race. If You Say Run has a good profile but a very quirky horse. It appears to be all or nothing i just don’t fancy that gamble. Warren Greatrex won this race last year when the amazing La Bague Au Roi pished it at odds on by about 20 lengths. Not anywhere near the profile of her but I’m hoping for a repeat and a wee upset with PETTICOAT TALES taking the race at a big price. Two good runs recently at Cheltenham and at todays venue when beaten both times by Sensulano who is no mug. Im hoping the step up in trip proves fruitful and she gets my vote ahead of Culture De Sivola.