EPL Greatest XI

Co.Down Hibee

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I know Gerrard was a stick on but interesting to see people picked Scholes over Lampard. 

Oh Rab..;)

toss of a coin between Lampard and Gerrard for me ,maybe just Gerrard,  might have been tempted for Cantona over Shearer but hard to argue with his goal tally,possibly Stam over Ferdinand. the rest I'd say yes definetley.

ETA actually would put Viera alongside Scholes , 

Oh Rab..[emoji6]

toss of a coin between Lampard and Gerrard for me ,maybe just Gerrard,  might have been tempted for Cantona over Shearer but hard to argue with his goal tally,possibly Stam over Ferdinand. the rest I'd say yes definetley.
ETA actually would put Viera alongside Scholes , 

Not much argument with that team to be honest, but would make the exact same changes as you've mentioned, Stam over Ferdinand and Viera over Gerrard.

Anyone considering any  current players ?

The only ones for me I'd seriously consider would be Aguero whose been consistently excellent all throughout,Rooney has to be considered at least and Cech and De Gea would be possibilities, couldn't make enough of a case to include them. 

It's a tough call for a lot of the positions now given that it's been going for 25 years.

I always felt that Vidic was a better defender than Ferdinand when they played together but Ferdinand's longevity probably sees him ahead.

Neville and Cole yes. I give Gerrard a slight edge on Lampard as he was more of an all rounder and played in a lesser team for a lot of the time.

Giggs and Ronaldo, both superb and can't really argue with Shearer and Henry.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

English fans vote for English players shocker.

basically England's Euro 2004 team less the winger and keeper.

I think looking at that list longevity is a key factor as well, there are players you could make strong arguement s for that are better than the ones named Desailly,Gullit ,Torres Suarez etc... but they played relatively few seasons In the premier league so would have less of a legacy or impact , Suarez for example was outstanding the season before he left but would you put him above any of the named players ?

Archived