Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

1 hour ago, P.C said:

We stopped falling for that after we pulled off that result at Aberdeen..

One of my biggest regrets following the Rovers not going to that match.. I had a friend driving up, but I turned it down because I worked at 5am the following morning. I was still a little sore from the home tie when Aberdeen equalised with pretty much the last kick of the ball. I think I'd convinced myself we were in for a hiding. 

Anyway, back to Saturday. Biggest test for us so far.. Ayr have goals in them and our defence have a few brain fart moments in them. I trust our forwards to get the job done though.

2-1 Rovers

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, P.C said:

We stopped falling for that after we pulled off that result at Aberdeen..

As others have said - on of my favourite away matches and a very pleasurable drive back home. Everything going against us, even Tade trying to miss with the winner! It convinced me to head up the next season, where we played just as well, but missed out. 

Just now, piebob said:

As others have said - on of my favourite away matches and a very pleasurable drive back home. Everything going against us, even Tade trying to miss with the winner! It convinced me to head up the next season, where we played just as well, but missed out. 

:lol: I thought it felt like the longest game I've ever been to after Tade scored. Then the Dundee game in the quarter finals was even worse, given we were two up from the 10th minute and they totally bombarded us. 

If Geggan misses out too due to injury, then who would Ayr have in their midfield? 

Even with the injuries for Ayr, I'm interested to see how we line up. McHattie was out last week, and we've had no update on if he'll be back. I can't see Herron or Zanatta getting the nod over Matthews in midfield. I guess we'll need to keep an eye on the Press when it's out tomorrow to find out who is missing. 

Smith hinted McHattie was just nursing a slight knock so I would guess he could play if required.

I worry about how our defence and goalkeeper will get on this weekend. Despite the fact we've managed a few clean sheets already we look very unconvincing defensively so Ayr are bound to cause us problems.

One of my biggest regrets following the Rovers not going to that match.. I had a friend driving up, but I turned it down because I worked at 5am the following morning. I was still a little sore from the home tie when Aberdeen equalised with pretty much the last kick of the ball. I think I'd convinced myself we were in for a hiding. 

Anyway, back to Saturday. Biggest test for us so far.. Ayr have goals in them and our defence have a few brain fart moments in them. I trust our forwards to get the job done though.

2-1 Rovers

I'll also go 2-1 Rovers against Ayr.

My pal was also driving up to the Aberdeen game but I made the right decision. When we got there and parked down the beach we had to walk over that hill in the wind and sleet. I was regretting the decision to go. Then I saw the team line up and regretted the decision even more. But we won 1-0 with Big Tade blootering the ball into the roof of the net. The 500-700 travelling fans went nuts. Great night.

I just wish I had been at Ibrox when we humped Sevco out the Scottish Cup. I watched that one on the telly as it was my son's 1st birthday.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Speaking of that Aberdeen game there's a tremendous YouTube vid kicking about of Scott Davie on open all mics going apeshit at full time.

Also, thanks to Dan Elder who has uploaded a cracking number of clips onto youtube. Some utterly superb memories in there. 

This game has a draw written all over it. For us, a draw would mean we still finish the day top of the league. For Ayr, it means they come away having not lost away from home to their promotion rivals and still remain a whisker away from us. I bet both managers would take a point if you offered it!

Does anyone else on here remember the talk of us seemingly agreeing pre match to drawing away to Hamilton the season we won the double? It won us the league and saw them safe? Obviously I'm sure no such deal was struck but our and their rivals were claiming it had been!

That Aberdeen match was hilarious. I arrived at Pittodrie and started taking everything in about injuries and car crashes, and just waited for the inevitable.

Then we won 1-0. [emoji23]

Anyway, as regards to this Saturday, as long as we don't start with a forward in goals, or get a player sent off, (which generally hasn't been too disruptive in this game) we'll be hunky-dory.

5 hours ago, 2711 said:

This game has a draw written all over it. For us, a draw would mean we still finish the day top of the league. For Ayr, it means they come away having not lost away from home to their promotion rivals and still remain a whisker away from us. I bet both managers would take a point if you offered it!

Does anyone else on here remember the talk of us seemingly agreeing pre match to drawing away to Hamilton the season we won the double? It won us the league and saw them safe? Obviously I'm sure no such deal was struck but our and their rivals were claiming it had been!

Explain why our manager would take a draw right now if offered?  Sounds silly to me

What did it keep Hamilton safe from? They were 20 points clear of relegation.

Archived