Raith v Ayr Ayr fya etc etc

Because we would still be top of the league and unbeaten... doesn't take much explaining.

If we're happy to draw our home games against our main rival we could end up in the play-offs rather than title winners. Settling for a draw is a poor attitude IMO.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the manager and team are playing and working towards is promotion, they want to win as many games as possible, they've set a standard, and I firmly believe with hope that they achieve it. They've definitely put last season behind them, and the reshuffle upstairs has settled down.

4 hours ago, 2711 said:

Because we would still be top of the league and unbeaten... doesn't take much explaining.

I'm pretty sure if offered a draw right now, Barry Smith would turn it down. Ayr squad is weak through injury and a bit off the boil just now, we are flying high and playing with the most confidence I've seen in a very long time. We should 100% be looking to win this match and I think we will.

Granted, if we draw it's not the end of the world, but to suggest Barry Smith would take a point right now if offered, is daft.

21 hours ago, Buckfast said:

According to the Daily record we have 7 out for Saturday, Docherty, Boyle, Adams and Moore are out. Crawford, Geggan and someone else are doubtful.

Absolute nonsense, and a poor punt at psychology from McCall, almost certain to see his strongest team out on Saturday.

In spite of the "news" from Somerset we wolud still have put our best 11 on the pitch anyway!

As for Barry happy with a draw......come on!

Mon the Raith!!

7 hours ago, 2711 said:

We will be favourites at home v EVERY side we play in league this season (and rightly so). Even if Ayr are to be our main challengers for title, I'm pretty sure (and bloody hope) Smith goes in to games against them believing we have enough about us to win the game. Home game v injury hampered (possibly severely hampered) opponents with a great chance to put 4 points between us and you seriously think Smith would pussy out right now and take a point if offered? I don't.

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

The above must be the post of the season so far, will be difficult to beat really. 

Let down only by the fact he didn't complete the tune by putting Da Da Derum Derum Derum at the end!

Nice wee distraction in the thread reminicising about the Aberdeen cup game. One of the best decisions I've made as a Raith fan was to travel to that game as I'd got home late from work and the weather was shocking so almost didn't go. Was well worth it though. One of the classics. Another good decision was to travel to Ibrox for that other cup game someone mentioned, even though it was on the telly. Only a handful of us there but it was hilarious watching us knock them out. Made up for all the previous humpings through there. 

Really looking forward to Saturday. Always enjoy the rivalry with Ayr. Hopefully we will continue our great run and get the win. Will definitely be the biggest test for our defence so far I reckon but I'm hopeful, which is a strange feeling after the unrelenting horror of last season. 

Archived