Forfar Athletic vs Arbroath

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We basically own Forfar. Pipped them to the league on the last day of the season after they bottled an 11 (eleven) point lead, took two of their best players plus Gav Swankie for the banter, then absolutely smashed them in their own back yard today. We've practically got them up on the mantelpiece. Cheer up Gary Bollan.

He is correct though. 4 of the 5 goals were handed to you on a plate.

Through good play of ours too though and we could have had many more. We played some nice stuff, 5 players missing too.

Thought Henry was great today coming in to team for first time in a while. Danny Denholm or Blair Yule my man of the match.

Zero pace in that Forfar team, no creativity right down the spine of that side.

12 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The creativity is sat on the bench helping Bollan and Balmer with their sudoku. Nae wonder Dylan looks pissed off.

That's plenty for me now, it's clear it's a mess.

Seck em.

It was clear to most people a long time ago . It was Campbell haters like yourself who thought Bollan was great .

We were missing Doris, Skelly, Swankie and Prunty which shows even more how good a result it was. Denholm was terrific and Henry showed he can come In and do a job. 

I remember thinking when forfar gave campbell the bullet we need to go and get him which we quite rightly done, re Bollan, how many transfer windows has he had to sort forfars team out? Seemed to be going back the way and their side yesterday looked really mediocre compared to the one we played in the game towards the end of the season. Hope he can turn it around as we need a derby 

Actually thought Henry got exposed a bit by Scott and struggled at times. Not played for a while so understandable. Bollan neutralised that by taking him off. Mccord had to play he's a goal scorer and one of our most composed and creative players. Midfield did excellently yesterday and thought Gold had a great game. Hester certainly has the goal scoring instinct and goals win games.

The biggest positive I took from the game, was our ability to get back on the horse after last weeks result. Shows great character and determination by the boys.

We were excellent to a man yesterday, great to see Bobby have a great game, and thought he and Gold worked together brilliantly in the first half on the left. Hammy looked  a lot more comfortable in the middle, and what a game again from TOB. Thought Denholm was excellent and really deserved a goal for his endeavour. I love McCord, but every time i see him i cant help but think what a player he could have been if he had the natural fitness of someone like DD.

Some very bizarre refereeing yesterday (penalties both looked nailed on though). Gold and DD both gave away free kicks after being suplexed to the ground, and what was the craci with that bizarre throw in that we won at the end of the second half, Forfar took it and the ref shrugged his shoulders and carried on!

As great a result as it was for us, I feel for the Loons fans just now. That team really looks like it'll struggle as things stand this year. Mensing had a good game i thought until he gave away the first penalty, but then he absolutely fell off a cliff. Havent seen such a calamitous performance against us in a while. Travis and Cox were behaving like huffy wee boys at points, and i thought it was telling that all the yellow card tackles (and a few that should have been) were all on former Forfar boys. Poor Mark McCallum - left absolutely high and dry.

Couldnt believe it when Bollan took off Mark Scott, and from the sounds of things neither could the home fans. Best player by a mile.

A year without a league loss on the road, a record that is really gonna be tested in the next month with Stranraer, Raith and East Fife coming up. Looking forward to it!

Archived