Strictly Come Dancing

The Naitch

Good dances tonight, with the exception of Annabel's Salsa, she made a few mistakes, her 2nd dance was beautiful and emotional, it deserved more than 8's. Bobby all serious and macho with his Paso, Layton doing a brilliant Charleston, and Ellie's couples choice, a super spin with her legs around Vito's neck and letting go with her arms out. Enjoyed it all tonight.

Thoughts on last night…

• Bobby and Dianne smashed that opening dance, so much fun
  • Can’t stand the rumba but Layton and Nikita done well with that, so intense
  • Johannes and Annabel are just having a rare old time on that stage, it’s great to see
  • Vito’s trousers left nothing to the imagination in that first dance. I wholeheartedly approve. Good performance as well from him and Ellie
  • Slight dip from Bobby and Dianne but still good
  • Fucking love the Charleston so that gets top marks from me. Think I’d do myself a mischief trying some of those moves Layton and Nikita cracked out. Stunning.
  • That Viennese waltz was sweet from Annabel and Johannes
  • What a way to finish the show. I’d probably say Layton and Ellie in the final with Bobby and Annabel in the dance off

This is the first series that the missus and I have been properly pissed off by the judge's scoring bearing little resemblance to their comments.

Take last night's example, the judges all rightly spotted flaws in Annabel's first dance, 4 x 8s for 32 seem fair enough. All the judges then gushed about how good her second dance was, but 3 of them gave her the same score, only Anton giving her an extra point. 

She is the weakest of the 4, and has no chance if she ends up in the dance off, the judges have already made that clear.

I like Layton, he's great in Bad Education, but he shouldn't be near strictly imo. He has been dancing on stage since he was 12, I know you can argue that most actors will have some dance experience, but he definitely has more than most.

Ellie for the win for us.