Clyde v Edinburgh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Pacey Winger said:

Serious question. What happens if Goodwillie fecks off in January? 

Thought you deserved your victory against us last week. We didn't reach the level we have been at but Goodwillie was clearly the difference. I would fear for you if he goes. 

Post match that was what everyone was saying. Say an St.Mirren or Dundee Utd offer ten grand - our shambles of a board will bite their hand off and slowly watch us go back to the depths of last season.

Post match that was what everyone was saying. Say an St.Mirren or Dundee Utd offer ten grand - our shambles of a board will bite their hand off and slowly watch us go back to the depths of last season.

I think his appeal is due for November, if he wins that then surely he's off in January? He might go anyway but that would clear the way for clubs to sign him without too much backlash from fans.

Out of all the games I have watched this season this one has worried me the most. Against an almost certain bottom three team we played and struggled badly. Defensively we had very little to do yet lost three goals. Midfield didn't help the defence or create anything much for the attack. DWG is really the only bright spark we have and I fear for us when we loose him in probably the first day of the next transfer window. I know he has an appeal coming up and from what I hear he will probably win it making him even more attractive to other clubs. We really need to get points on the board soon or we are f*cked.

Edinburgh's scoring record prior to yesterday -

Goals - 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0 (and that's not binary).

Yesterday, 4 shots, no corners, 20 fouls (it seemed a lot more), and 3 goals. The same as they scored in their last 9 games.

That's how bad our defence is.

I can't believe that wee nyaff Thomson was still on the park to take the free-kick for the 3rd goal. He should have been off long before then.

He warranted at least 3 bookings during the 90 minutes.

In fairness (and with no intention of sticking up for our defenders), their new striker didn't play any of those games. I don't think they'd have came close to scoring twice without him.

Cowdenbeath 0 must be licking their lips though.

In fairness (and with no intention of sticking up for our defenders), their new striker didn't play any of those games. I don't think they'd have came close to scoring twice without him.
Cowdenbeath 0 must be licking their lips though.

Let's see how many goals they score in the next couple of games better to gauge then

I don't think it's entirely the defenders fault for the first goal the guy just wandered through our midfield the whole way we play we can't keep possession for more than about 4 passes most of the time it's boot up the park
Apart from DGW various parts of the team have been have been honking at times this season

Having listened to Chapman's interviews he is the biggest problem we have at the moment I don't think he has a clue [emoji54]

The highlights will no doubt serve as a better guide but I didn't think he strolled through our midfield. As I remember it, Breslin attacked a header well but left space in behind into which the ball was played. He then took it past Breslin and Munro before scoring as McNiff closed him down. Our midfield wasn't in much of a position to stop him.

I think our midfield defends reasonably well actually. I'm struggling to remember many games where teams have came at us consistently right down the middle of the pitch, other than the cup games where we ended up with Flynn in there. All of our defensive problems come from wider areas and errors from centre halves which don't give our midfield the chance to cover.

Really uninspiring group of players apart from DGW and maybe burbidge who is allowed to have an off day when trying to make a very difficult step up the leagues . Big problem is defensive again and will be until he gets rid of them and signs the same slow, poor on the ball defenders as we have now.

10 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Edinburgh did try and pass the ball at times no there weren't a silky football team a big strong well organised team two cracking goals.
We didn't even attempt to pass the ball long aimless punts to nobody and when we did hit DGW he had 3 defenders around him
The midfield were largely bypassed mind you when they did get the ball they simply gave it away
Been a critic of breslin but thought he did ok at least the boy was trying to pass to his own players
You can single out individual players all you like. But the style of play / team selection dictated by the manager is frankly woeful

DGW saved us from the play offs last year and in my opinion has prevented us from being bottom of the league this season take him out of that team and we are relegation fodder

Never keen on Chapman appointment will more than likely keep us up ( providing DGW stays fit or doesn't leave at Xmas) other than that the football on display will simply see crowds drop even more

I was at this game and have never seen a more dire dreadful performance from Clyde , no passing just high balls via route one which just gave it back to Edinburgh. I for one will not be back, as for the coaching staff what a joke applauding the high ball. 

59 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

Any highlights of this one? Is there usually a wee delay with Clyde uploading them?

I believe we now use the match footage recorded for the manager for our highlights, rather than having someone else doing them. As such, it takes longer to get the footage and edit it. There was definitely a camera so there should hopefully be something.

Any highlights of this one? Is there usually a wee delay with Clyde uploading them?

You see some beautiful shots of the cumbernauld skyline as the ball sails through the air in fact you might even catch a glimpse of the karman line

Archived