Clyde v Edinburgh

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Nicoll's finest hour those highlights. Walked through at the first, loses Beattie for the third. And as for the multiple errors for the second... Dear oh dear. Can only imagine the outcry if Currie, Cuddihy or McNiff had been at fault for as many goals as he's been this season.

Stonking pair of goals in fairness. We'd not be talking about poor defending if Goodwillie did that.

Kevin Nicoll's finest hour those highlights. Walked through at the first, loses Beattie for the third. And as for the multiple errors for the second... Dear oh dear. Can only imagine the outcry if Currie, Cuddihy or McNiff had been at fault for as many goals as he's been this season.

Stonking pair of goals in fairness. We'd not be talking about poor defending if Goodwillie did that.

So they he did waltz through the midfield hallelujah I appear to have got something right at last [emoji16]

What "happened" on Saturday is not down to Chapman, Innes, The CIC, the quality of pies, Broadwood, name changes, Des Walker or Barry Ferguson.

For as long as I remember what happened on Saturday is TYPICAL CLYDE.

When a team as anti football as Edinburgh come and play like they did, then we just cannot develop a plan to break them down. It's akin to us playing against ten men. I suspect that this has been the case since 1877.

We move on, although I confidently predict it will be more of the same when we visit Edinburgh at Ainslie Park later on this year.

What "happened" on Saturday is not down to Chapman, Innes, The CIC, the quality of pies, Broadwood, name changes, Des Walker or Barry Ferguson.

For as long as I remember what happened on Saturday is TYPICAL CLYDE.

When a team as anti football as Edinburgh come and play like they did, then we just cannot develop a plan to break them down. It's akin to us playing against ten men. I suspect that this has been the case since 1877.
We move on, although I confidently predict it will be more of the same when we visit Edinburgh at Ainslie Park later on this year.

Anti football , you have been watching the football we have dished up this season ? It would get football stopped

So we couldn't beat Edinburgh city because of some Clyde tradition well that's a new excuse

So were the defeats to Berwick and elgin down to anti football ?

Did  chapman bring all the fringe players from annan or first team regulars?

Just about the whole bloody team and ex players like Breslin and Nicoll, although Nicoll was useless when with us.
Chapman always struggled against the lesser teams in the league when at Annan so sounds familiar. Saying that if we had a Goodwillie in with that group of players last season I'd imagine we would've gained promotion.

Nah, they were simply down to being defeated. See that's football; when two teams play each other then more often than not one of those teams will win, meaning the other loses. If you expect your team to go unbeaten for an entire season then you are either a Septic clagnut or an accomplished moron.

News flash - it's Scottish League Two. We are undoubtedly going to witness some questionable ability from time to time, and surely we've been through enough defenders by now to appreciate that! Having Goodwillie doesn't entitle us to cakewalk the league, and as painful as it may be we will probably have to accept that the default game plan whilst up against it this season is hoofball to yours truly.

We lost to Edinburgh City. Embarrassing most definitely, predictable yes, the end of the world as we know it... not quite. I only wish the complete trumpets sounding off on Facebook yet again would do us all a massive favour and take a long vacation to f**k with a Ryanair return. Every time we lose a game they are giving it 'let's go junior or fold,' just how long have they been following the club exactly?

If Chapman didn't have a clue what he was doing then we would not have managed to beat Stirling away merely two weekends ago. Yet some are already calling for him to be sacked, with us sitting in 8th place after 6 games into a season and only 3 points off the play-offs, with a squad that no other manager knows better. Others have even cited that we were better off under Ferguson.

Simply incredible stuff.

We have booted the ball up the park to DGW all season it's not just against Edinburgh a tactic Chapman himself told anyone who would listen

Who said we should win every game ?

Clearly you think everything is ok and progressing well on park and that fans having dug deep again have no right to comment on a team a performance or B the managers position
Ok let's see where we are after the first quarter of game. I doubt we will have more than 10 points

Maybe in your eyes that's progress

Ps think you will find Ferguson never lost a game to Edinburgh city in fact out of 4 games he won two drew two

A Champan has lost and conceded 2 more goals in one game

Ferguson had to go but is Chapman any better I don't think so

Archived