Staggies v Hibees, whether we like it or not.

Only real concern is the players don't seem to be clicking together or there's a serious lack of communication. Too many miss-placed passes and balls left after a touch that the receiver hasn't read. Again, second to every second ball and allowed County to travel with the ball way too much

Another game where I've no idea what Lennon was playing at with the subs. Had Swanson stripped and ready to come on.. next thing you know Danny's sat back down with the bib back on and then he waits till the 85th minute to bring the two Lithuanians on. I understand not wanting to disrupt flow but McGinn looked absolutely shattered out there not long after the half way point of the second half

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Only real concern is the players don't seem to be clicking together or there's a serious lack of communication. Too many miss-placed passes and balls left after a touch that the receiver hasn't read. Again, second to every second ball and allowed County to travel with the ball way too much

Another game where I've no idea what Lennon was playing at with the subs. Had Swanson stripped and ready to come on.. next thing you know Danny's sat back down with the bib back on and then he waits till the 85th minute to bring the two Lithuanians on. I understand not wanting to disrupt flow but McGinn looked absolutely shattered out there not long after the half way point of the second half

Did McGeouch play on the left? 

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Did McGeouch play on the left? 

Looked that way but a lot of the time he cut inside whilst Boyle stayed wide. Wasn't sure if we were playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 at times. He didn't really have the best of games did Dylan.. neither did McGinn tbf

12 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

McIntyre out.

Aye, pretty much. Insipid pish week in, week out, no clue how to get goals scored, and a terrible history with Uncle Roy's cheque book so we can't even look forward to being saved come the January window with a big splurge.

A couple of great runs of form (Feb-May in his first season, and the end of last season) plus that League Cup win break up what has been an almost constant stream of "insipid pish" (thanks, Forkboy) since he got the gig almost 3 years ago.

The League Cup is the only thing keeping him in a job (IMO). Same shit, different season just now. The exact same complaints we've had for the past two seasons are still there.

I know, I know: punching above our weight, a success just to see County in the Premiership, think about where we've come from.

14 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Looked that way but a lot of the time he cut inside whilst Boyle stayed wide. Wasn't sure if we were playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3 at times. He didn't really have the best of games did Dylan.. neither did McGinn tbf

I agree it was a bit confusing. I saw it as a 4-2-3-1 with McGeough on the left and Stokes playing just behind Murray. He played McGeough in a similar position last year and although he isn't at his most effective there he linked up well with Stokes, particularly in the first half. 

5 hours ago, forkboy said:

Aye, pretty much. Insipid pish week in, week out, no clue how to get goals scored, and a terrible history with Uncle Roy's cheque book so we can't even look forward to being saved come the January window with a big splurge.

At what point does Roy decide, naw this is pish considering the amount of money you've been given for players and facilities that you asked for, sign here on this mutually agreed termination.

It takes a lot to see me lose patience with a manager but I'm prettty much done with McIntyre.  I have no doubt that he has raised the standards of how things should be done for the playing staff in terms of what goes on in the backroom,  but he's strategically and tactically so blunt for most of the time. 

I see McIntyre withdrew Draper after an hour or so yesterday.

My source tells me that he might have been pulled off at half time.

That's a blow for Draper but I'm also interested to hear how B. McKay is performing....

7 hours ago, St. Jude said:

I agree it was a bit confusing. I saw it as a 4-2-3-1 with McGeough on the left and Stokes playing just behind Murray. He played McGeough in a similar position last year and although he isn't at his most effective there he linked up well with Stokes, particularly in the first half. 

Now that you mention it it did look more like that. Stokes was dropping a lot deeper than Murray was. Hopefully they begin to link up better soon. Stokes has got more a footballing brain than Murray. He's trying to set stuff up for Murray from little touches and flicks that Murray just isn't reading 

My source tells me that he might have been pulled off at half time.

There was a fair few "you don't know what you're doing" shouts when Draper was taken off and I see why cause I personally think he wasn't that bad, or at least not as bad as Tumilty or VDW.

9 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

There was a fair few "you don't know what you're doing" shouts when Draper was taken off and I see why cause I personally think he wasn't that bad, or at least not as bad as Tumilty or VDW.

Thanks for that Matty.

Who were the shouts directed at? McIntyre I presume? Or maybe Big Drapes?

Is McKay looking likely he could get a few goals?

23 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thanks for that Matty.

Who were the shouts directed at? McIntyre I presume? Or maybe Big Drapes?

Is McKay looking likely he could get a few goals?

Was pretty anonymous on Saturday. Completely forgot he was playing until one of County's late chances (Schalk's effort I think) and McKay turned his back to the South stand in front of goal

On 23/09/2017 at 21:26, Dave1875 said:

Wasn't there yesterday but we have looked a bit disjointed in most of the games I've seen us in this year. Still doesn't seem like Lennon knows his best team yet, with the system changing about constantly. Hopefully that explains it and things settle down eventually. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of McGeough being played out wide or Stokes as a number 10. I'd like to see us go with a midfield three of Bartley, McGinn and McGeough, with two from Boyle/Murray/Barker out wide and Stokes up front. Not ideal forward lineup but the strength and balance of that midfield would have us in control most weeks and we'd still have enough threat going forward to score goals. Stokes is a selfish fucker anyway and with Boyle/Murray's workrate, you'd think he would still have support up there.

Must admit, I was totally unaware of McIntyre's woes. Last time I was paying any attention, he'd had an unbelievable second half of one season and came sixth/won a cup the next. From a (clearly massively uninformed) outsider's perspective, wanting him out seems a bit harsh. Fans can quite often see a downfall at their own club coming a mile off, so if that's the way things are heading, fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Wasn't there yesterday but we have looked a bit disjointed in most of the games I've seen us in this year. Still doesn't seem like Lennon knows his best team yet, with the system changing about constantly. Hopefully that explains it and things settle down eventually. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of McGeough being played out wide or Stokes as a number 10. I'd like to see us go with a midfield three of Bartley, McGinn and McGeough, with two from Boyle/Murray/Barker out wide and Stokes up front. Not ideal forward lineup but the strength and balance of that midfield would have us in control most weeks and we'd still have enough threat going forward to score goals. Stokes is a selfish fucker anyway and with Boyle/Murray's workrate, you'd think he would still have support up there.

Must admit, I was totally unaware of McIntyre's woes. Last time I was paying any attention, he'd had an unbelievable second half of one season and came sixth/won a cup the next. From a (clearly massively uninformed) outsider's perspective, wanting him out seems a bit harsh. Fans can quite often see a downfall at their own club coming a mile off, so if that's the way things are heading, fair enough.

Agreed. Games I've been to (Partick, Dundee, St. Johnstone & County) we've only really looked comfortable vs Partick... have we become slightly disjointed since Stokes re-signed?

Might be best to wait till after the Celtic game but I'd like to see us try Matulevicius up front with Stokes and Boyle acting as inside forwards. Midfield 3 as you said with Bartley playing the DM role. McGinn really needs to work on his close control, seemed each time he dribbled with the ball he'd let it get just too far in front of him and allow it to get nicked or he'd get tackled/have to make a tackle. 

Archived