Fortnite Battle Royale

Dindeleux

On 3/15/2018 at 13:59, Gaz said:

If I can put my boring hat on for a second, it's actually scary how many kids (boys especially) think that playing computer games is a realistic career path nowadays.

Not really any different to the numbers who probably thought they would make it as a footballer.

I'm enjoying this and have been playing it a lot more but I'm still coming to grips with everything. If there is the things you buy are only cosmetic and don't give you an advantage over your opponents then what is the point of all these battle passes and the likes?

Quite unbelievable scenes last night as my girlfriend won a duos game on her own. She enjoys looting etc but has only ever killed two people in her admittedly limited time playing the game. I was just fannying around on my phone until about midway through this clip; she encountered competition at the prison right at the start but hid in a corner to avoid it and then made her way inwards. Probably the most boring 15 minutes of game footage in existence, so skipping/skimming is advised, but it's pretty glorious all the same. Jubilant and yet confusing scenes ensued with the Victory Royale. This should serve as a reminder to any disheartened folk who aren't very good and haven't won a game yet that it is very much achievable.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm enjoying this and have been playing it a lot more but I'm still coming to grips with everything. If there is the things you buy are only cosmetic and don't give you an advantage over your opponents then what is the point of all these battle passes and the likes?

They are purely cosmetic and give you no advantage whatsoever. Vitually all the stuff they try and sell you is a complete rip off but i did eventually buy a season pass. Me and my kids play this and whilst I couldn't care what my character looks like etc... they really do like unlocking new things and I do quite like the the added weekly challenges. If you buy it once then you shouldn't have to fork out again as you can earn enough Vbucks to get the next one (as the_bully_wee stated). Id say its worth it, if you play it enough.

Cool. I certainly don't think £8 is a rip off considering the game is free so don't really think folk are daft for forking out, just curious.

On a slightly different topic, ny game always says "Early Access". Is the plan to eventually charge? I just can't get my head around how they are making much money from a free game.

Watched near the end. My phone is gutter so it was blurry; did she get any kills? And I assume she won as the guy was in the storm? [emoji38]

Aye, towards the end there's 9 left and she sneaks in while they eliminate one another. It gets down to 4, with the other lone ranger attacking the duo atop the hill; he then dies and she gets spotted in a bush, and sniped by one of the duo. I can only assume that as she runs and dodges gunfire, one of them falls down the wrong side of the mountain and ends up in the storm, getting knocked down. After that, at a guess, the other guy follows him to revive him and they both die in the storm. It was a bizarre moment. She fired 3 bullets in the entire game, all in error after holding in R2 after drinking a shield potion. I'd like to think that she's simply a strategic genius and pacifist.

My first few games I was horrendous.  It's just a case of getting more confident with the controls and each weapon and then things will pick up. It's the little things that you pick up with experience that make it easier - where to find the chests and how to build to get to them quickly, laying traps in doors etc.  

I'm not any good at the game but have had 6/7 kill matches before.   

Me and my 6(7) year old boy take turns on this..
I'm woeful and he's absulutely brilliant. He keeps me right.

Played 8 games and I have 1 kill. Solid.

I'm nowhere near great at this but I'm starting to get more kills now. In a 'quick draw' I usually come off worse so my tactics are more the sneaky b*****d approach. I've got a good spot where I can ambush folk and that's generally how I play the game. I tend to approach my offline games in the same way so it's probably why I'm not as quick in a shootout but I'm like a tiger on the prowl [emoji38]

I watched that Ninja guy last night. He's very quick and fair play to the guy, but I don't think he could be anywhere near as quick as that using a control pad.

What are the offline games? Never seen them. Up to 19 games and 5 kills so definitely getting hang of it [emoji23]. Best I have finished is 7th.

Games in general I meant. Any shooters, I tend to take my time rather than go in all guns blazing.

I'm enjoying the game I suppose but I can't help feeling the building mechanic feels out of place. Its interesting to watch people like Ninja use it intelligently by making ramps on the fly and changing grenade trajectories or disrupting opponents by building walls mid firefight but its such an odd mechanic.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Yeah I try to land somewhere quiet, tool up and go hunting. My building skills left a lot to be desired at moment, but it’s a lot of fun.

Same. My building seems to take an eternity. My favourite spot is near the top middle if the map (not got the names down yet!). There is a Motel but I land at a bit with rocks just below it. It has a wee hide that more often than not has 1 or 2 chests. I then go to the hill overlooking the Motel and wait to see if there is anyone down there (which there normally is). Hide behind a tree and wait for them to run past me and shoot them in the back (shitebag as I say!). I'll sometimes build a wee bit slightly near me and shoot from distance from behind the tree. The hut is a decoy and when they approach that I ambush them [emoji38]