SFA compliance officer's remit ?

4 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I am afraid that Whitabootery is as much a part of Scottish Football as the Masonic/Orange conspiracy. The Compliance Officer knew fine well that going after a Rangers player after failing to take action against a Celtic player for allegedly throwing an elbow just a few days before would have created one almighty shit storm. 

As for me, I can assure you that had we played your lot the week before, and a similar event had occurred, I would have been Whitabootin about that had Pena been sanctioned. Same goes for any other team for that matter.

The point of the CO is to provide a fail-proof and fair system whereby players who commit offences of identical/similar onfield acts which are spotted by or equally missed by match officials are dealt with by the same punishment being administered. However fans of clubs who are not followers of the bigot brothers are sick of the blind eye approach adopted by the CO when a player who represents the bigot brothers is involved.Maybe if we were to stop following the national team and let the SFA be dependant on the bigot brothers fans taking up the ticket sales for international matches, whether the SFA would get their place in order and fulfill their role of being fairly representative to all member clubs and not just to the bigoted twosome.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rugster said:

It's incredible. He's like a rabbit in the headlights consistently. The blame isn't solely at the door of the SFA, he's a FIFA ref too, so someone's seeing something in him that no layman is. He's an absolutely dreadful referee.

The SEA decide who represents them with FIFA do they not? 

36 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I am afraid that Whitabootery is as much a part of Scottish Football as the Masonic/Orange conspiracy. The Compliance Officer knew fine well that going after a Rangers player after failing to take action against a Celtic player for allegedly throwing an elbow just a few days before would have created one almighty shit storm. 

As for me, I can assure you that had we played your lot the week before, and a similar event had occurred, I would have been Whitabootin about that had Pena been sanctioned. Same goes for any other team for that matter.

If a decision is made based on potential shit storms then it is spineless and unacceptable.  End of.

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The SEA decide who represents them with FIFA do they not? 

Don't think so, I think the SFA propose and FIFA ratify it through performance analysis. Otherwise they could just send any old idiot to be a FIFA ref.....wait........maybe you're right.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Much as I like the guy (Collina, not Dallas jr), I'm pretty confident that his dad's pal being in charge of all FIFA Referee appointments has helped somewhat. Frankly wouldn't have him in charge of a Junior game but Nepotisms gonna Nepotism.

Don't worry, he's been there, done that! /o\

Yet Ricky Foster faces a ban for kicking a door after the match, based entirely on the word of one witness who doesn't have any video evidence.

Strange world.

I assume he’s appealing then?

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If a decision is made based on potential shit storms then it is spineless and unacceptable.  End of.

Not find me disagreeing, however that is the way it is. Rangers supporters are not going to sit quietly while players from their team are punished for alleged offences, while other teams players seem to have the freedom to do whatever the hell they want.

It is a sad indictment of the game in Scotland, but perhaps if we are going to have a Compliance Officer, he or she should be  a genuinely neutral, not from the British Isles, individual. Mind you, we could recruit someone from Outer Mongolia and you would still have lunatics claiming OF bias one way or another.

Not find me disagreeing, however that is the way it is. Rangers supporters are not going to sit quietly while players from their team are punished for alleged offences, while other teams players seem to have the freedom to do whatever the hell they want.
It is a sad indictment of the game in Scotland, but perhaps if we are going to have a Compliance Officer, he or she should be  a genuinely neutral, not from the British Isles, individual. Mind you, we could recruit someone from Outer Mongolia and you would still have lunatics claiming OF bias one way or another.

Let's be honest, regardless of where the compliance officer came from, your support (and theirs) would find a way to create a perceived injustice against you.

The purpose of an independent compliance officer is to rise above all that noise and make an impartial decision.

So no, I don't accept that 'that's just how it is'.

I doubt you'll ever beat the Gary O'Connor farce. Given a penalty after a laughably bad dive for Hibs v Saints, it's discussed on tv and his manager even says it was a dive, CO then takes it on and decides it wasn't a dive.  An absolutely gob smacking decision.

I really don't understand the evidence that gets taken into account.  I remember Scott Brown getting as obvious a red card as you'll ever see rescinded at Ross County at the end of last season.  Clear, obvious red card.  Cleared.   

Pena clearly intentionally swings an elbow.  You saw it, I saw it, everyone saw it.  No action taken.  

These aren't "contentious" issues, either. 

I doubt you'll ever beat the Gary O'Connor farce. Given a penalty after a laughably bad dive for Hibs v Saints, it's discussed on tv and his manager even says it was a dive, CO then takes it on and decides it wasn't a dive.  An absolutely gob smacking decision.

I'll be slagged as paranoid, but we do seem to have the most run ins with the CO.

Frazer Wright being banned for an elbow that nobody actually mentioned and seen the "victim" remain standing, based on a really shite close up of a pixel in the area of an arm being moved towards another pixel, whilst earlier that season Victor Wanyama had grabbed Wright by the throat, in plain view of the ref and the multiple cameramen who took photos of it, never even got a look from the CO at the time.

Fairly sure Steven Maclean got investigated last season for a GIRUY signal after he scored, something he's done towards his dad and home fans in general for about five years.

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I really don't understand the evidence that gets taken into account.  I remember Scott Brown getting as obvious a red card as you'll ever see rescinded at Ross County at the end of last season.  Clear, obvious red card.  Cleared.   

Pena clearly intentionally swings an elbow.  You saw it, I saw it, everyone saw it.  No action taken.  

These aren't "contentious" issues, either. 

Let's not forget he couldn't wait to ban Schalk for his alleged dive in the same match.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll be slagged as paranoid, but we do seem to have the most run ins with the CO.

Frazer Wright being banned for an elbow that nobody actually mentioned and seen the "victim" remain standing, based on a really shite close up of a pixel in the area of an arm being moved towards another pixel, whilst earlier that season Victor Wanyama had grabbed Wright by the throat, in plain view of the ref and the multiple cameramen who took photos of it, never even got a look from the CO at the time.

Fairly sure Steven Maclean got investigated last season for a GIRUY signal after he scored, something he's done towards his dad and home fans in general for about five years.

Ando being punched last season as well against Sevco.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Ando being punched last season as well against Sevco.

Didn't we have three in the space of a few months on top of those?

Lee Croft for a tackle on a Ross County player which the ref was staring at but chose to let go.

Brian Graham for his dive against Inverness

James McFadden for his 'get it up ye' gesture to the Accies fans at McDiarmid Park.

All 3 deserved a booking, but were all trial by sportscene, as they chose to highlight these incidents and talk at length about them, but then completely ignore others.

Archived