Queens vs Pars

I'd drop Clark after the past few performances. McManus and Smith will get the job done.

Murdoch 
Williamson  Morris  Ashcroft  Talbot
Higgy   Wedderburn   Splaine  Hopkirk
                    Smith            McManus

If we were feeling brave I'd also try
                                Murdoch 
Williamson  Morris  Ashcroft  Talbot
                  Higgy   Nat   Splaine                                                 (or Lochhead)
Smith                    Clark                 McManus

To the surprise of absolutely no-one, Hopkirk is injured again. McManus played wide left on Saturday FWIW and wasn't awful (I think he had our only serious shot on target).

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Imagine not wanting to win a game? That's pretty shit thinking and I fucking hope the team didn't take that attitude.

He can brush it off fact is Falkirk pumped Dunfermline, Raith pumped St Mirren players on international duty and players being rested is no excuse. However colt teams in the competition is disrespectful and made me stay away from these games. 

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Imagine not wanting to win a game? That's pretty shit thinking and I fucking hope the team didn't take that attitude.

The players and management clearly don't give two fucks about the competition and have shown as much for years. I don't blame them. It was meaningless when we reached the final in 2007 and it's even more pointless now with youth teams and clubs from different countries.

If it was important to the club then they would have called it off with players away on international duty. More fool all the dafties who went along on Saturday that couldn't find a better way to spend an afternoon.

To play Devil's Advocate, winning is a habit and when playing a fairly strong team against a rival, you expect a decent performance. That didn't happen and it was the second utterly guff performance in a row. Added to Shiels' stupid red card, leaving us short in the middle of the park (it's getting to the stage where we are praying Wedderburn is ok) and you can see why people are a little more worried about this fixture than they would have been 2 or 3 weeks ago.

37 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The players and management clearly don't give two fucks about the competition and have shown as much for years. I don't blame them. It was meaningless when we reached the final in 2007 and it's even more pointless now with youth teams and clubs from different countries.

If it was important to the club then they would have called it off with players away on international duty.

How many players did you have away on international duty? You need three for the right to call it off.

Yes. He is comparatively even tubbier given that he is only recently back in training after seven weeks on the sidelines. He has still been playing. Just been on the sidelines at the training pitch.

Says a lot about your back up keeper if Martin is still getting picked ahead of him

Without wishing an injury on a player, i’m glad Hopkirk is out. Was ok in league one but not good enough for the championship.

I think we’ll get back to winning ways with a drab 1-0.

Says a lot about your back up keeper if Martin is still getting picked ahead of him

It would if he hadn’t already played a few games this season and given a fairly good account of himself.

The only things it says a lot about are Gary Naysmith’s decision making and Alan Martin’s attitude to diet and fitness.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If it was important to the club then they would have called it off with players away on international duty. More fool all the dafties who went along on Saturday that couldn't find a better way to spend an afternoon.

Contradicts below a little with the recall of Smith.

2 hours ago, mikedafc said:

originally it was 5 but Smith was recalled and played against Falkirk

So how did that end up then?

So how did that end up then?

We were really struggling with injuries, Smith wasn't going to start for Scotland but he was going to start for us, he'd already played for them earlier in the week.

Genuinely shocked anyone gives a f**k about the challenge cup, get it in the bin.

Not bothered about the cup game really but it was a poor performance. We bounced back after the rangers game so hopefully we can do the same again. I think we will be struggling in midfield with Shiels, Paton and maybe Nat out. 

Time for AJ to come up with something.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ryan Williamson, Callum Smith, Fraser Aird, Callum Morris and Stuart Morrison. Only two would be starting a league game tbf.

Take it that would be Williamson and Morris?

I fear for us in this game. Our performances have went downhill since Jo got injured. 

When I looked at our line up against falkirk, I wished I hadn't bought a ticket. Saying that we only  lost by two goals, a good team would have hammered us. 

Archived