Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

No sorry I don't have Fm15 editor on my laptop anymore :(

You any advice on how to use the editor? I'd like to bring back the European Cup Winners Cup as well as the Champions only European Cup but not sure how to do this!

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

You any advice on how to use the editor? I'd like to bring back the European Cup Winners Cup as well as the Champions only European Cup but not sure how to do this!

I'm a relative novice at the editor, have only ever done Scottish football updates so I haven't the faintest idea about the European Cup Winners Cup. Am sure there would be a few video tutorials about how to use the editor which may help. Also I'd check Fmscout, Sortitoutsi and Fmbase etc in their data updates section. Usually the cup winners cup is pretty popular so it may have already been done! Sorry I can't help you much but I hope that helps

7 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

I'm a relative novice at the editor, have only ever done Scottish football updates so I haven't the faintest idea about the European Cup Winners Cup. Am sure there would be a few video tutorials about how to use the editor which may help. Also I'd check Fmscout, Sortitoutsi and Fmbase etc in their data updates section. Usually the cup winners cup is pretty popular so it may have already been done! Sorry I can't help you much but I hope that helps

No problem. Cheers :)

Took charge of Saints and made the Groups, my three seasons there had me 6th, 6th then 8th.

New chairman comes in and after every defeat I'm being dragged into a meeting about my future. Eventually got sacked and seen the Aberdeen job was "insecure", declared an interest in the job and attended the next game. Two days after their manager gets sacked. 

#Snake

I've got them into the Europa League knockout round and we sit 3rd in the league. 

Nishan Burkhart, or something similar, from Man U is mental. Three seasons hed been loaned to the Scottish Premiership and his lowest goal total was 23. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve only had 1 save file since the new update. I’m in my fourth season with Hamilton. What I’ve found weird is that there seems to be no interest for players playing in Scotland I.e Tierney is still at Celtic, as is griffiths, Morelos still at **** who usually get bought and even regens who usually get snapped up by English sides aren’t moving.

Is this just a weird save or is anyone else having this.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’ve only had 1 save file since the new update. I’m in my fourth season with Hamilton. What I’ve found weird is that there seems to be no interest for players playing in Scotland I.e Tierney is still at Celtic, as is griffiths, Morelos still at **** who usually get bought and even regens who usually get snapped up by English sides aren’t moving.

what kind of Brexit did you get? If its the best one with no work permits for foreigners that might be it.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I've found if teams in Scotland can keep key players past the second season their value rockets and they never leave. 

I'm six seasons into a save, Tierney is worth over £25m. David Wotherspoon is valued over £3m. 

AI managers clearly don't think these players are worth it. 

what kind of Brexit did you get? If its the best one with no work permits for foreigners that might be it.

Hard Brexit for everyone but the EPL who have a foreign player limit now. The regens was the most peculiar one as decent regens usually get bought for a few 100k.

Started a career with Man City and almost through the first season. Punted Kompany and Delph and brought in Chiellini . Proved to be a great piece of business as Kompany has hardly kicked a ball for Barcelona due to injuries and Chiellini came in and took the armband. Jose Luis Gaya was signed from Valencia at left back (Mendy is out for a few months at the start of the season and can't get near the starting 11 thanks to this guy) and is a stick on for young player of the year. 14 wins and a draw from the first 15 games. Skelping Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool and drawing with Arsenal. Got through the Champions league group finishing second to Monaco on the final day but a defeat in the league at West Brom was quickly followed by a draw at Soton and another two defeats at Everton and Burnley. This saw me go from 7 points clear to 6 points behind Man Utd and 2 behind Arsenal. Pumped out the FA cup by leeds away from home during this terrible run of form.

Got Paulinho from Barca in January with Gundogan going the other way (just never really performed on a consistent basis). Paulinho came in as a BWM and has been a revelation. Also picked up El Sharaawy to give me more versatility on the wing. He's nowhere near the standard of Bernardo Silva or Sane but is a good impact sub.

4 points behind Man Utd with 8 games to go and beaten 1-0 by 10 men at Old Trafford. Playing a defensive game and was bossing it until Pogba was sent off for persistent fouling. I could smell blood and went balls out for the last half hour but in typical Mourinho style they parked the bus and I couldn't break them down. They got the winner thanks to an 87th minute stramash in the box which Hererra of all people pounced on.

Look to have blown the league now but just overturned a 1-0 defeat at the Nou Camp in the second leg of the CL to draw Real Madrid in the semis. They are sitting 4th in La liga so high hopes of a final with a possible revenge on Man Utd if they get by Sporting.

Won the Carabao (sp??) cup defeating Arsenal on penalties in the final. Have been enjoying a public spat with Arsene Wenger all season so this was particularly pleasing.

Bernardo Silva, Sane and Aguero have been phenomenal. Gabriel Jesus has been decent when called on but if Aguero is ruled out for any length of time I'll be up shit creek.

Playing a 4-2-1-2-1 with Sane on the left as a supporting winger and Bernardo on the right as an inside forward. De Bruyne is beside either Fernandinho or Paulinho in the centre with David Silva in the hole. A back 4 of Gaya, Chiellini, Otamendi and Walker. Attacking full backs with ball playing defenders.

Any tips for how to do set piece scenarios? It's the only area of training I have completely neglected and I feel if I had addressed it at the start of the season it might have been worth a few extra points.

On 3/13/2018 at 09:19, The Minertaur said:

Now trying to prepare for the Premiership after 3 league wins in a row :lol: Nobody wants to sign for me and I currently don't have a single left back.  Going to be a long season ahead!  Thankfully I've signed McKay on a 5 year deal with no big team release clause so he should be here for a while unless I receive a crazy offer.  

First season in the top flight has come and gone.  Finished 3rd thanks to a 3-0 win over Hearts on the final day to overtake them by a point.  Didn't win a league game until October when I changed to a 4-3-2-1 formation which worked wonders.  Jack McKay ended the season with 26 goals but praise must also go to Declan McManus who managed 13 in the league but also a brace in the Scottish Cup final as we beat Rangers 3-2 AET. That was the first time I'd avoided defeat against either of the Old Firm the whole season!

So now I've a budget of £600k and I'm desperately needing a centre back and centre mid. Target for this season? Close the gap to the Old Firm as I finished about 20 points behind Rangers in 2nd.

Just looked at the Championship - Dundee, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Dundee United are all having a great time :lol:

On 20/03/2018 at 16:37, RandomGuy. said:

Took charge of Saints and made the Groups, my three seasons there had me 6th, 6th then 8th.

New chairman comes in and after every defeat I'm being dragged into a meeting about my future. Eventually got sacked and seen the Aberdeen job was "insecure", declared an interest in the job and attended the next game. Two days after their manager gets sacked. 

#Snake

I've got them into the Europa League knockout round and we sit 3rd in the league. 

Nishan Burkhart, or something similar, from Man U is mental. Three seasons hed been loaned to the Scottish Premiership and his lowest goal total was 23. 

Still in this Aberdeen save. Finished second, just. CL Play-Offs seen me against Dynamo Kiev, rattled the c***s 5-0 on aggregate. Benfica next, 7-3 on aggregate. Group is Man U, Marseille and Napoli, so thats that journey over.

Huge issue is I get nowhere near a trophy, as Celtic are just a complete behemoth. Their marquee signing before the current season (2023/24), was Gareth Bale. I absolutely dominated them in our first meeting before he rocked up with two absolute howitzers from nowhere.

Still playing my first save since the game come out. St Johnstone. Into my 7th season.

4 league cup finals (won two both against thistle 7-0 then 5-0) lost other two to Celtic.

3 Scottish cup finals (won one against Celtic ) lost other two to Celtic.

Finished third in the league first two seasons then been runner up next four seasons.

In Europe made champs league group stages once . In Europa league been to knock out rounds three times but always lost first knock out tie.

Due to finances that come from Europe especially champs league, been able to upgrade everything at the club and slowly start to really develop young Scottish players.

The board have just announced that they are looking to build a new stadium (20,000).

Turned down man city and Liverpool in the most recent close season.

Brexit has made the game so much tougher as need WP for every no uk player.

Still cannot get close to Celtic in the league.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:29, The Minertaur said:

First season in the top flight has come and gone.  Finished 3rd thanks to a 3-0 win over Hearts on the final day to overtake them by a point.  Didn't win a league game until October when I changed to a 4-3-2-1 formation which worked wonders.  Jack McKay ended the season with 26 goals but praise must also go to Declan McManus who managed 13 in the league but also a brace in the Scottish Cup final as we beat Rangers 3-2 AET. That was the first time I'd avoided defeat against either of the Old Firm the whole season!

So now I've a budget of £600k and I'm desperately needing a centre back and centre mid. Target for this season? Close the gap to the Old Firm as I finished about 20 points behind Rangers in 2nd.

Just looked at the Championship - Dundee, Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Dundee United are all having a great time :lol:

Second 2 in the top flight saw me again finish in 3rd place and again win the Scottish Cup.  Unlike last season I started the season well and was top of the league for a while.  Then came an injury to my striker Stephy Mavididi saw us struggle for wins.  After 32 matches I was 2 points behind Rangers with all to play for but 3 games in a row against the Old Firm (2 x Celtic then Gers) saw that turn into 11 points behind.  Final 4 matches were played with back ups and 1 win v Aberdeen was all I had to show for it.

However a 4-2 Scottish Cup final victory over Kilmarnock (Joe Lolley with a hat-trick) made it a good season - that's 3 Scottish Cup finals in a row with 2 wins.  Made it to the final qualifying round of the Europa League before losing to Shalke (I think anyway - Gelenskirchen?) 3-1 on agg.  They went on to reach the quarter finals so it wasn't that bad a performance. League Cup was a 3-0 defeat to Celtic in the final.

In January I lost 2 key players - Declan McManus was sold to Premier League West Ham for £1.1 million while captain Greg Taylor went to Nottingham Forrest for £1 mill.  That allowed me to strengthen my weak areas as well as signing some decent youth players from around Scotland.  Amazingly my youth striker won Young Player of the Year in Scotland - he was a sub 8 times and scored 1 goal :lol:

Now it's trying to build to come above Rangers or Celtic and see if I can sneak into the group stages of the Europa League.  Quite a few free signings are coming in but the board still refuse to upgrade any of the club facilities.  

Archived