Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

guFyOvW.png

No greater feeling than that. None.

Quite enjoying an Arsenal save tbh, feel like they're maybe a bit OP, but maybe its just me (theyre definitely OP)

Doucoure the only signing whos played regularly, I also signed Berardi but hes been injured a lot. Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere all demanded moves to Man City/CL level team, so I've spent £17m on Arthur, he better be as good as the hype..

It's definitely not just you with thinking they're overpowered! How did you set them up?  I tried out a fair few formations in the pre season on my Arsenal save - trying to find a way to get Aubameyang and Lacazette in the starting 11, plus Ozil and Mkhytaryan (sp?) took a bit of experimentation. 

In the end, settled on a 4-4-2 diamond, and it absolutely wrecked havoc. Not got the stats to hand, but Aubameyang scored a riduclous amount of goals in the end! Perhaps being in the Europa League helped as well, where I basically rotated the entire squad for that - the wee striker Nketiah was outstanding in that for me as well, basically a younger Aubameyang!   

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently having my most successful Ayr save ever. 11 seasons in I've won everything domestically multiple times and the Europa League. I'm not giving up till I've won the Champions League as its something I've never managed with them. For the first time ever with Ayr I got a board takeover and have had money to spend and a new stadium which is keeping the enjoyment going. 

2 hours ago, BigTamMuller said:

It's definitely not just you with thinking they're overpowered! How did you set them up?  I tried out a fair few formations in the pre season on my Arsenal save - trying to find a way to get Aubameyang and Lacazette in the starting 11, plus Ozil and Mkhytaryan (sp?) took a bit of experimentation. 

In the end, settled on a 4-4-2 diamond, and it absolutely wrecked havoc. Not got the stats to hand, but Aubameyang scored a riduclous amount of goals in the end! Perhaps being in the Europa League helped as well, where I basically rotated the entire squad for that - the wee striker Nketiah was outstanding in that for me as well, basically a younger Aubameyang!   

4-1-2-3 I think it's technically called. 

Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielney and Monreal at the back, Elneny sits in front of them, then Doucoure as a Carilelo with Ramsey beside him. Welbeck on the left, Mhkytarian on the right and Aubameyang up top. 

Sold Monreal to Man U for £31m in January, so signed Ghoulam from Napoli for exactly the same amount. Xhaka was sold to Liverpool for £28m. Arthur was signed for £18m and has replaced Ramsey, and I've signed Torriero from Sampdoria to cover/replace Elneny. 

NrLVvBA.png&key=b81a307ebf3f677ecd63dedc618f20e8dc16edb4ed15c834732298559b4f6015

Nobody panic, but I'm doing well with Saints.

If it is anything like my saves you start doing well with a Scottish side. A takeover happens I get replaced by my assistant and the club then starts to drop down the table

On 19/08/2018 at 00:26, ajwffc said:
On 18/08/2018 at 21:22, RandomGuy. said:

NrLVvBA.png&key=b81a307ebf3f677ecd63dedc618f20e8dc16edb4ed15c834732298559b4f6015

Nobody panic, but I'm doing well with Saints.

If it is anything like my saves you start doing well with a Scottish side. A takeover happens I get replaced by my assistant and the club then starts to drop down the table

I've survived a takeover, did have a dip though. End of January and things are picking up again. 

Signed Craig Sibbald for £60k in January to replace Chris Millar, and some Italian midfielder for £150k to play beside him. 

Three loanees have been key to me (Willock, Shaughnessy and Williams) but all have asking prices/wage demands far beyond me. Williams signed a new deal with Fulham in October and is worth just shy of £5m, I'd held off other signings as I hadn't realised and wanted to offer him a PCA :lol:

I'm really enjoying my Partizan Belgrade save, I highly reccomend them if you are looking for a team a little off the beaten path.  Approaching the winter break in season 3 and I'm leading the Serbian SuperLeague by a single point over a surprising Cukaricki, although I have two games in hand over them.  Red Star are 8 points back in 3rd having played the same number of games I have. 

Unfortunately due to fixture congestion I had to rotate my team for the cup and was dumped out by a second tier club, oops

In Europe I was able to get an easier Europa League group draw this time around with Club Brugge, Young Boys, and Osijek and was able to finish second and qualify.  Round of 32 gets me a tricky tie with Galatasaray.

Having a weird problem where I can't seem to figure out why I have to manage my B team's U19's.  I have checked every screen and there is no specific screen for Teleoptik U19's coaching assignments.  I'm going to try renewing my Teleoptik U19's manager's contract and "promoting my Teleoptik U19's coach to U19's Assistant manager to see if it fixes it.  In previous season Teloptik U19's only played like 4 friendlies per year but now they will be entering the Youth League

12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Having a weird problem where I can't seem to figure out why I have to manage my B team's U19's.  I have checked every screen and there is no specific screen for Teleoptik U19's coaching assignments.  I'm going to try renewing my Teleoptik U19's manager's contract and "promoting my Teleoptik U19's coach to U19's Assistant manager to see if it fixes it.  In previous season Teloptik U19's only played like 4 friendlies per year but now they will be entering the Youth League

It's in staff responsibilities is it not? Under the u19 tab

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's in staff responsibilities is it not? Under the u19 tab

Problem is there is no tab specifically for Teleoptik U19's, here are my tabs.  No problem with Teleoptik reserves, and (thank f**k) I don't seem to have to manage Teleoptik U19's youth league games it's just the friendlies that I can't figure out how to change!  I don't have to manage Teleoptik Reserves friendlies (despite them also having their manager replace and no tab).

image.png.ff9abbbfa8ec65e350be1e5d55177f47.png

Curious, very curious.  

When you play with a DLP in the DM position, and he gets a long term injury outwith the transfer window...

5b8849475d4d4_AndreaPirlo_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.6e4c1730b384e0f7cf127e3cc23bfecd.png

Bought this yesterday, mainly for going on holiday next week but started up a Morton game and I am hooked again, took me a while to find my way around the game but getting there. Decent enough start, good pre season and finished 2nd in the Betfred group behind ICT, lost a last min goal away to them to lose out on top spot. I've been struggling to sign/find decent players at the moment, only signed a 20 year old Italian winger called Botta on a free after good scouting feedback and decent trial and signed that Mikey Johnstone on a 1 year loan from Celtic, must say I'm loving it again.

First season done with rangers, league cup and league in the bag.

Fans outraged I got 500k for Alves and replaced him with 400k Scott McKenna.

Cummings has hit 30’goals but won’t sign as he hates the club :rolleyes: ( not sure about the company mind)

Few PCAs ready to go next season.

Invincible!  

Also made the round of 16 of the Champions League (got beat 6-4 on aggregate by PSG).  I now have a transfer budget of 26,000,000 pounds and wage budget room of 325,000 pounds/week which is unreal money for Serbian football.  Just need to find players willing to play in Serbia that are in that price range.  Another problem is that I have a lot of top  young players who keep getting pinched by wealthy teams like PSG

image.thumb.png.3d4f966a3280cc6370ddfc1e8074906f.png

2 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

What is missing from the classic version on fm 2018 and how much quicker does it run?

the cut down version is fm 2018 touch and it should run quicker and from what i can find online 

features missing from Touch:

• New DYNAMICS

• New MEDICAL CENTRE *

• Almost all meetings, interactions and press conferences

• Match preparation

• The new medical centre can be found in the squad tab in Touch, but is much more basic.

Archived