The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I HAVE to try this Tank gear.

£4.40 which is of course obscene (though the place is a bit trendy so I'd assume most things are unreasonably priced) but certainly worth a try if you're in the vicinity.

All the refreshment without that horrid metallic aftertaste you get with the usual stuff.

Out of curiosity does anyone else find loads of cans of Tennants gives them the Barry Whites? I once horrendously sharted myself a day after a night on the cans and I know a few others who have experienced similar.

11 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Out of curiosity does anyone else find loads of cans of Tennants gives them the Barry Whites? I once horrendously sharted myself a day after a night on the cans and I know a few others who have experienced similar.

Drinking anything to excess gives me the shites, i must have shat at least 6 times today and it was mostly just a case of sitting on the pan and relaxing my sphincter and letting the liquid lava flow out at a rather alarming rate. 

I see the Tennents brand is owned by a Dublin firm. Have [mention=69827]NorthernJambo[/mention] and [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] been offered free Tea Towels from Div's stock?

Negative. Been somewhat overlooked I feel. He’ll hear from my solicitors and so what if they still have an aol email address.
Pint of "Tank" in the Citizen.
Pleasant.
IMG_20171016_205020_782.thumb.JPG.bcb606d3591a11deaee9a3b65bb0b542.JPG

I would like to try this.
Anyone know where one could purchase in either Aberdeen or Edinburgh?

No, cider can go through me sometimes but never had any near misses or anything with T

17 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Not with T, but was close once with Guinness 

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I would like to try this.
Anyone know where one could purchase in either Aberdeen or Edinburgh?

Only the 1 place doing it just now.

Not sure if they'd be able to do it outwith Glasgow actually as it's reliant on the beer being super fresh.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Drinking anything to excess gives me the shites, i must have shat at least 6 times today and it was mostly just a case of sitting on the pan and relaxing my sphincter and letting the liquid lava flow out at a rather alarming rate. 

Yup, had the squits on wine and lager and a combination of both. I'm not really a spirit drinker but drink enough of whatever your preferred loud mouth soup is and its arsehole Niagra.

Only the 1 place doing it just now.
Not sure if they'd be able to do it outwith Glasgow actually as it's reliant on the beer being super fresh.

Then to Glasgow it is! I assume this thread is the best place to start a group of trusty allies for the venture. I don’t want to end up in the water like that wee McKay Steven laddy

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Yup, had the squits on wine and lager and a combination of both. I'm not really a spirit drinker but drink enough of whatever your preferred loud mouth soup is and its arsehole Niagra.

Its just dehydration that causes it. I don't think any particular brand is worse than anything else for affecting your stool. Maybe Buckfast. 

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

Its just dehydration that causes it. I don't think any particular brand is worse than anything else for affecting your stool. Maybe Buckfast. 

Not sure of the science behind it, I just know there's going to be issues with my behind. The other big side effect is the hangovers and there's definitely a difference there with what you pour down the entry hole. I'm lucky with hangovers but I remember drinking Oranjeboom and Amstel in Amsterdam in the early 90's and getting serious headaches. Newky Brown was the only thing that got me punchy so I stopped drinking it, I was only drinking it because I was a big Auf Weidersehen fan anyway. :1eye 

I'm definitely less ball bagged on a night on the lash after drinking The T than the 5% stuff but still able to reach my happy place.

Edited by chomp my root

On 10/15/2017 at 13:54, MONKMAN said:

The Ladywell?

Haha, no. Even closer.

On 10/15/2017 at 16:30, Kennboy1978 said:

I spy with my Gladeye, something Bearface ?

Yup. After a weekend shift we sometimes get a few pints after. Can get all this fancy shite but sometimes opt for a TL.

Yup. After a weekend shift we sometimes get a few pints after. Can get all this fancy shite but sometimes opt for a TL.

Love both Bearface and Gladeye. Taking my future son in law for a tour of Wellpark and then a few pints of half decent stuff in your place in a couple of weeks.

He's a Kiwi and my step daughter saw Tennent's in NZ, apparently he now loves it. Christ knows how much it costs over there though.