The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

2 hours ago, Smurph said:

I work for a craft beer company and we have Tennent's on draught. It's unpasteurised which essentially means it's not pumped with preservatives and additives and it's fresh from the source, and the idea is you'd get less of a hangover drinking it. Some of my colleagues suggest the lager that we brew as an alternative, but if someone asks for a pint of Tennent's, a pint of T they get.

I must have tried more than 400 different beers and a crisp pint of Tennent's is still up there.

You don't work in the Citizen do you?

Tried the "Tank Lager" a few weeks back.

By far the best pint of T I've ever had.

I work for a craft beer company and we have Tennent's on draught. It's unpasteurised which essentially means it's not pumped with preservatives and additives and it's fresh from the source, and the idea is you'd get less of a hangover drinking it. Some of my colleagues suggest the lager that we brew as an alternative, but if someone asks for a pint of Tennent's, a pint of T they get.
I must have tried more than 400 different beers and a crisp pint of Tennent's is still up there.

Go and tell us how us mere mortals can get a shot of this unpasteurised T? Sounds good....

I like a proper ale but there is absolutely f**k all wrong with the king of cooking lager, Tennents. I've been on the tour and imagine my surprise when I found out that the mighty Wellpark Brewery bashes out contract stuff like Stella, Budweiser and other stuff that the big  boys can't as they've shut a load of breweries.

One for the Tennents haters to chew over as they turn their noses up at the mighty T with their "premium" "superior" lager.......brewed by Tennents!

Last year my local Spar had a huge crate of Skol on special offer of about ten bob a can. It was the first time that I had seen it for years. Never bought any as I never really liked it in the first place but I was very surprised to see that it was only 2% alcohol. Dont remember if it was always that low a strength.

Anyway I digress, Tennents is my current tipple of choice and I am having a pint of it just now in a proper T glass (stolen, natch). Anytime that I have a beer in the house I will only drink it from the proper glass.

20 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

I like a proper ale but there is absolutely f**k all wrong with the king of cooking lager, Tennents. I've been on the tour and imagine my surprise when I found out that the mighty Wellpark Brewery bashes out contract stuff like Stella, Budweiser and other stuff that the big  boys can't as they've shut a load of breweries.

One for the Tennents haters to chew over as they turn their noses up at the mighty T with their "premium" "superior" lager.......brewed by Tennents!

There's a contradiction here as Tennents seem to be bashing out their brew as well.

I am not against Tennents as it is clearly better than many, but surely they must be doing something right in respect of the other brands being brewed.

11 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

In Morrisons tonight down the lager aisle and I pick the 20 cans of T up (£14) and she fucking pipes up and says "the Carling's only £12" she doesn't understand 

Grounds for divorce, trying to make you drink Carling, I assume she got the hairy side of the hand when you got home.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Image result for john goodman gif

OK, OK, if you've been seen drinking Carling before then she might get the wrong end of the stick and jump to the wrong conclusions. I'm trying to meet you half way here, would a headlock be more acceptable than the hairy side of the hand ?