The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I take it it’s brewed under licence over there as opposed to having been exported? Didn’t see Tennents anywhere last time I was in the U.S, though either Walmart or Publix(I forget which) had a fair selection of Innes & Gunn beers.

According to the cans its brewed at Wellpark and imported over. Innis and Gunn is much more widely available The Beer Store sells Original and Lager versions, The LCBO, on their website, at least seem to have quite a few varieties of Innis and Gunn and I've seen it in one of the few supermarkets here allowed to sell alcohol. While that's all very good, all I want is an Original Tennents in a silver can!

29 minutes ago, Torpar said:

According to the cans its brewed at Wellpark and imported over. Innis and Gunn is much more widely available The Beer Store sells Original and Lager versions, The LCBO, on their website, at least seem to have quite a few varieties of Innis and Gunn and I've seen it in one of the few supermarkets here allowed to sell alcohol. While that's all very good, all I want is an Original Tennents in a silver can!

Do you get Pabst Blue Ribbon in Canada? A worthy substitute for Tennents imo.

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Do you get Pabst Blue Ribbon in Canada? A worthy substitute for Tennents imo.

You do indeed get good old PBR here, stuff gives me gut rot the next day though. Seems to be the drink of choice for poorer folks and hipsters. The latter so much so that one bar I know of sells tall cans of PBR in a paper bag, to complete the edgy hipster look. 

ETA - Tennents is a far superior beer 

Edited by Torpar

I didn’t know these existed until Saturday night
E8D6D3C8-2D08-4A90-83AD-2F93D6227AA1.jpeg.a15f5490138cc63e5b6138a44f47c1e7.jpeg

My local has the “At the Heart of it” one, always makes me happy when I get a pint poured from it, rather than the nondescript one they have at the other end of the bar.

Tempted to nip in on my way home for one...

Those taps are fucking beautiful, and remind me of the fantastic Taggart style "Ah could murder a pint" adverts. I have only seen the Tennents Lager one and the At the heart of it one. I will endeavour to sample a pint from each in order to run scientific comparison.