The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

6 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I’m in a pub where you ask for a pint and you get handed this. No question as to what lager you’d like.

IMG_9314.jpg

Can you save me time identifying the arseholes in future by placing a badly drawn cartoon penis over all Miller drinkers please.

Currently getting my vitamins, my preferred way to spend the sabbath is a couple of hours taking the dugs out round Devilla Forest then home to watch the foozbaal and get on the outside of some of Mr T's finest.  Its what Baby Jebus would have wanted.

Slainte chaps.

Ok troops, after an enforced sabbatical of 14 months, I’ll return to Scotland within 2 weeks, the initial elation is heightened by the fact, that for the first time in too long, Uncle T will be massaging my throat & tastebuds, it will be like losing my VL again, the best feeling in the world. I’m not going to confuse my tastebuds, it will be draft all the way for me. All hail king T.

16 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's mediocre at best at home. It boggles the mind that people are willing to pay top dollar to drink it thousands of miles away. 

It costs $2.65 for a 500ml can here compared to $2.55 for a 473ml can of Molson Canadian so it's far from top dollar.  I used to buy the odd can as I like the beer and thought it was a nice little touch of home. But now all they sell is the Export beer, I'll stick to Canadian or Landshark

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Ok troops, after an enforced sabbatical of 14 months, I’ll return to Scotland within 2 weeks, the initial elation is heightened by the fact, that for the first time in too long, Uncle T will be massaging my throat & tastebuds, it will be like losing my VL again, the best feeling in the world. I’m not going to confuse my tastebuds, it will be draft all the way for me. All hail king T.

The taxman still knows who you are

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's mediocre at best at home. It boggles the mind that people are willing to pay top dollar to drink it thousands of miles away. 

People like you make me sick, next you'll be saying you don't get the fuss about Judith Ralston.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

People like you make me sick, next you'll be saying you don't get the fuss about Judith Ralston.

Meh. Don't get me wrong... she's not bad, I certainly "wid" if I was in a bind, but I don't really see what all the fuss is about. 

Sad to report that this seems to be the only Tennents they sell in Ontario now, and it's rank. Bring back the real T!
T.jpg.2a1d50a9e70b497ff7960eb5f1717466.jpg

I take it it’s brewed under licence over there as opposed to having been exported? Didn’t see Tennents anywhere last time I was in the U.S, though either Walmart or Publix(I forget which) had a fair selection of Innes & Gunn beers.