Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers - 1/4 Final Challenge Cup

WSDR 88

Is Dougie Hill injured? He pitched up at our annual hall of fame event tonight.

We probably won't make radical changes but I would definitely be wrapping up the man from del Monte in cotton wool ahead of the Ayr match.

Why would Hill attending your hall of fame do mean he's injured?

Unless of course he was showing clear signs of being injured.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Hill attending your hall of fame do mean he's injured?

Unless of course he was showing clear signs of being injured.

Badly worded on my part as the two were meant to be unrelated. Just asking because I didn't notice his name feature in amongst the discussion of a possible starting XI for you guys.

Badly worded on my part as the two were meant to be unrelated. Just asking because I didn't notice his name feature in amongst the discussion of a possible starting XI for you guys.

Hill will definitely start, played the full 90 on Saturday and has been one of our top performers so far. He's turning out to be a top signing despite the low expections when he arrived.

If Dowie is suspended then I'd imagine he'll start alongside Barr at centre half.

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's a weird feeling but I'm fairly confident going into this one.

Nothing weird about that, Dumbarton should be favourites being the team from a higher league and I'd hazard a guess a lot of Rovers fans won't be overly confident going on our performances as of late. I'd suspect Dumbarton will have a bit more about them than the teams we've been playing in League 1 but assuming we can find some way of providing decent service to our forward players we might/should cause Dumbarton some problems. With our defensive frailties as of late it's surreal that we've only conceded 7 goals in the league but at the other end of the pitch, minus Vaughan, we've looked a bit meh (service from midfield being a key issue since losing Callachan to Hearts) which is surprising as I think we all suspected we'd be running riot with the players we have in those positions. My guess is Smith will play his strongest team however we really can't afford to lose key players as we have some important league games coming up. One thing that won't have any effect on the game is the part time/full time status of each team. Either our usual Dumbarton/Rovers high scoring encounter  or a drab 1-0 either way me thinks.

I notice the u20’s played pretty much their first-pick side last night. Hopefully not a sign that they won’t get a game on Saturday.

If Lennox is available I’d love to see him back in goal here. Only other first team players I’d consider are Davidson who missed Saturday, McHattie to keep match fitness building up and whoever Smith doesn’t fancy playing on Tuesday out of Herron, Matthews and Robertson (if any).

Sadly however I expect it’ll mostly be a first-choice side, maybe with one or two of the young players.

Would be approaching this with the Ayr game in mind.

Smith

Watson  McKay  Murray  McHattie

Matthews  Berry

Osei  Vaughan  Barr

Buchanan

If Lennox is fit enough To play maybe a good chance to get him in and look to get guys like Court off the bench for some game time.  

Very likely Barry will go with his strongest line up.

Zannatta is cup-tied so he can't play.

I would play Spence and Buchanan up top as a partnership and see how they get on. They don't seem to be able to play together with Vaughan but maybe they'll get on alright without him.

Lennox

Watson  Murray  McKay  McHattie

Matthews  Herron  Berry  Barr

Spence  Buchanan

Would be my line up.

Archived