Dumbarton vs. Raith Rovers - 1/4 Final Challenge Cup

WSDR 88

On 11/8/2017 at 09:46, Paco said:

I notice the u20’s played pretty much their first-pick side last night. Hopefully not a sign that they won’t get a game on Saturday.

If Lennox is available I’d love to see him back in goal here. Only other first team players I’d consider are Davidson who missed Saturday, McHattie to keep match fitness building up and whoever Smith doesn’t fancy playing on Tuesday out of Herron, Matthews and Robertson (if any).

Sadly however I expect it’ll mostly be a first-choice side, maybe with one or two of the young players.

Smith'll absolutely play a full strength team. If we did it against dross like Brora and Ross County u20s then he'll do it here. We really need to avoid playing players who could have a big influence on Tuesday against Ayr like Vaughan, Robertson.  I actually hope we avoid giving Lennox a start here, and that we don't rush him back. The last thing I would want is to see him come in too quick, only to get injured against and we're lumbered with Smith. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn’t planning on going to this, but I think I may now haha - I mean what else would you do on a Saturday...!
Sons, am I right in saying you can park at the football stadium? (Cheers in advance)
As for our XI, I would really like to see some of the Dev’ team start, potentially:
Smith
Watson McKay Murray McHattie
Matthews Herron Berry
Spence Court Buchanan

I know most people think this is a joke competition, and I agree that the league is 100% our main target, however how good would it be if we got to a final again [emoji471]

42 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I wasn’t planning on going to this, but I think I may now haha - I mean what else would you do on a Saturday...!
Sons, am I right in saying you can park at the football stadium? (Cheers in advance)
As for our XI, I would really like to see some of the Dev’ team start, potentially:
Smith
Watson McKay Murray McHattie
Matthews Herron Berry
Spence Court Buchanan

I know most people think this is a joke competition, and I agree that the league is 100% our main target, however how good would it be if we got to a final again emoji471.png

The stadium car park is £1 to park there but you get a 50/50 half time draw ticket for that.  Plenty of street parking available on Castle Road too.

Given you boys have a big game on Tuesday, and the fact you've already won this competition in the best possible fashion, you should just take it easy tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

All the usual suspects still out injured (Nade, Froxy, Smith, Handling Gallagher). Greg Morrison is also out due to being cup tied.

It will interesting to see who drops out to accommodate Barr. If it's Dougie Hill then I will be fuming.

Big Morrison out is a bonus :shutup

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The stadium car park is £1 to park there but you get a 50/50 half time draw ticket for that.  Plenty of street parking available on Castle Road too.

Given you boys have a big game on Tuesday, and the fact you've already won this competition in the best possible fashion, you should just take it easy tomorrow.

Wouldn't be too unhappy if this was reality. The more fringe players playing the better, especially with Tuesday night. I never want to see Rovers actively get beat. But it's far more important we give everything on Tuesday. As you mentioned, we've won this in the best way we possibly could. There's no foreseeable situation which would better it. The seethe on show that day was completely glorious.

On 11/6/2017 at 21:45, Sonsteam of 08 said:

*cough*

@Skyline Drifter

*cough*

On 11/6/2017 at 21:50, Skyline Drifter said:

I read it earlier and tried to check but its not clear. I think they probably should be. It was definitely two bookings for a suspension last year but I cant find anything definitive remotely at the moment. Will have to have a look at competition documentation.

The most recent suspension list doesnt show them as suspended but the competition bookings list shows both of them in two separate places with one booking rather than once with two bookings.  I suspect they should be suspended but not certain.

Finally got a definitive answer for this one too. It's three bookings for a suspension this year AND the disciplinary record is wiped after the quarter finals too so it's very difficult to actually get suspended without a red card in this now. In effect for you this weekend, every player can get booked if he wants as it will be wiped after the game even if you get through except for Dowie and McLaughlin who would have to serve a one match ban in the semi final if they pick up a third booking in the quarter final. Also, if they pick up a 3rd booking and you lose they'd be suspended for their first tie next season.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

All the usual suspects still out injured (Nade, Froxy, Smith, Handling Gallagher). Greg Morrison is also out due to being cup tied.

It will interesting to see who drops out to accommodate Barr. If it's Dougie Hill then I will be fuming.

Why do you assume Barr will come back into the starting lineup? I wouldn't put him back in after last week.

As for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to a match without the must win pressure that each league seems to have at the moment.

One of the best things about that was us beating you the following week. I remember going into work after that and saying to Sevco fans "That's how you beat Raith Rovers"

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Still brings out the goosebumps.

As for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to a match without the must win pressure that each league seems to have at the moment.

I'm gutted I can't find the RangersTV footage due to the commentary. 

The 3-3 draw when they needed to win to secure the league was banter for that:

Spoiler

grnzfxRczQ2BO.gif

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Still brings out the goosebumps.

Good grief, was it only 3 and a half minutes till the end of ET? Felt like a life time. I spent most of that looking for my wallet and keys which flew several rows down the stand at the celebration. Good times. 

Anyway, happy to bow out of this one gracefully. Just a wee jolly around the park, a decent run out for the kids and no injuries gained. Cheers lads, enjoy the semis.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

I'm gutted I can't find the RangersTV footage due to the commentary

The 3-3 draw when they needed to win to secure the league was banter for that:

Reveal hidden contents

grnzfxRczQ2BO.gif

This is the boy that gets all het up.

https://twitter.com/TomCommentator

This is the boy that gets all het up.
https://twitter.com/TomCommentator

Finally got a definitive answer for this one too. It's three bookings for a suspension this year AND the disciplinary record is wiped after the quarter finals too so it's very difficult to actually get suspended without a red card in this now. In effect for you this weekend, every player can get booked if he wants as it will be wiped after the game even if you get through except for Dowie and McLaughlin who would have to serve a one match ban in the semi final if they pick up a third booking in the quarter final. Also, if they pick up a 3rd booking and you lose they'd be suspended for their first tie next season.

Did I just imagine it or did Fat Derek Johnstone say that Fraser Forster failed to clear it in the commentary?

Why do you assume Barr will come back into the starting lineup? I wouldn't put him back in after last week.

You may well be correct. I just think Stevie will play him.

FWIW I'd drop Dowie in a heartbeat for a fit centre back Barr. Regardless of how he played last week. I really liked the look of the Barr and Hill combo at the start of the season.

Archived